FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mythaldir

Profession choices For BM

Currently I am going with BS/Alchemy.  From what I can understand, some of the changes in WoD are that gem slots will not be on all gear, and that those that will have them will be rare.  I could be wrong in my understanding, so if I am please let me know.  I took BS due to socket bracer and socket gloves.  If I am correct in my understanding, will BS still be viable for BM?  Or should I consider switching to LW?  I know it is still early, and that things can change.  I am just wondering what other people's opinions might be about this.  Thank you in advance.

If you're thinking about WoD, its still way too early to tell what kind of changes to professions if any.

As of right now, I would say BS is def a good choice foir more mastery/crit.  Alchemy is just as good as enchanting or inscription.

The differences are going to be in stuff like Tailoring where you get a proc (meh for BM) and Synapse springs in Engineering (meh again, but cool toys).

Really, they are all about the same and you are fine using whatever.  (Though I wouldn't recommend JC for min/maxing)

Hi,

I think BS will still be superior in WoD, because of the two extra slots you'll get, which will help you optimise your character.

As secondary profession, I'd say to go for Engineering. I like the Spring, it gives you a nice burst boost, and I'd rather see a +1920 Agility 'proc' every minute than a steady 320 Agility from LW. In addition... the toys are awsome, Nitro Boost FTW! ;D

Adam

Hi,

I think BS will still be superior in WoD, because of the two extra slots you'll get, which will help you optimise your character.

As secondary profession, I'd say to go for Engineering. I like the Spring, it gives you a nice burst boost, and I'd rather see a +1920 Agility 'proc' every minute than a steady 320 Agility from LW. In addition... the toys are awsome, Nitro Boost FTW! ;D

Adam

Seeing gem slots getting rarer, I'm not sure BS will retain the two extra gems bonus in WoD. That'd be pretty powerful. Unless ofc its balanced with other professions somewhat. Bottomline, its too early to tell.

Engi is cool tho. Just be mindful if you use nitro boost in raids, since it can backfire. That leads to some hilarity at times. Synapses are very nice in the sense that you control when you want to use them. Control for tanks is always nice.

And everybody loves Jeeves. <3

Edited by Ceraius

Yeah, I've also thought about that, but if they keep our lovely two phr33 gem slotz, BS will be far superior for everyone than anything else (thats why they will change it probs lol).

And about Nitro Boost; its main effect is Backfire/Blow up, but has a nice side-effect, named Movement speed boost. ;D (Especially useful on Thok kite... :D)

We don't know yet how the profession perks will balance out. Right now, BS and Alchemy are the best choices for survival, provided that you don't mind keeping yourself supplied with elixirs. For the highest DPS, it's Tailoring and Engineering. But if for some reason you did want to change professions, it will be far easier and less annoying once WoD comes out, so don't worry about it.