FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

Need help with a guild

Hello!

My friend and I started a raiding guild, which is currently level 16. We are aiming for full flex run for now. Maybe a normal 10 later on.

We have a problem tho...

I think we have many alts. We can't really raid because we have very few people online. Sometimes only 2-3 (including me). We did our first flex run last week and we successfully finished part 1, we had to stop it because the healer had to leave.

We would like to continue with further parts.

We have a guild website (created few days ago but we want to post important info about the guild and raid tips/tactics)

We have a guild bank, with some mats (Some of them needs to be removed because it's outdated and not really valuable)

Our "core members" are the following: 1 protection warrior, 1 balance/resto druid, 1 destruction warlock (that's me o/ ), 1 elemental/resto shaman. 

These members are online most of the time so we could manage raids. As you can see we really in need of some more ACTIVE people.

Any ideas what can be done?

PM: We are located on an European server Al'akir EU, horde side (which is a  HIGHLY horde oriented realm).

Thanks for reading.

You might want to move this thread into the guild recruitment forums.

Also a link to this guild website would be beneficial. That line seems cut off for some reason.

You might want to move this thread into the guild recruitment forums.

Also a link to this guild website would be beneficial. That line seems cut off for some reason.

I've posted it here because I'm not recruiting right now. I want help from some experienced guild leaders/officers.

I'm not going to post the website because there is nothing on it. Only officers knows the link so we can contribute before giving the access to the other members.

Your issue seems to be a lack of players interested in raiding. If you start recruiting you'd get those remaining players you need. Since right now you're going to try to be a flex group, you may want to over-recruit, and put yourself around 13+ people to raid with, so that if people decide they don't want to be a part of the guild, you will still be raiding with no hiccups.

The most important thing in my opinion, is that as a flex team you will want to try to advertise a social aspect more than anything. Not too many people are joining a guild solely for its flex abilities, so perhaps getting your forums going with some interesting off-topic things, fun little posts, etc. could be good for your social appeal. You might have to start from the ground up to get those quality players you'll enjoy raiding with (By that I mean you may have to recruit over 50 people (to account for people who don't want to flex so much, and to account for the people who will also probably leave).

Gquits do happen often in a starting social guild, the important thing is to keep strong at making friends, go out there into the world and find people of your server that would like to be your friend. LFD and LFR won't be effective tools to fill up your guild if your server is low pop, since no one from your server will ever be in them (and if they are, they'll likely be guilded and uniterested).

Just try to stay strong and build.

EXPERIENCE: I've lead a guild once for about half a year before I realized it's not the type of thing I want to commit to doing. After passing that guild leadership away I stayed officer and helped with the core of the guild, so I do have some experience, however it was also back in ToC days so my knowledge may be outdated. Take this help with a grain of salt, and maybe some better help can come along.

• Like 1