FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vaniza

Yet another Mistweaver issues thread...

Hiyas,

Sorry, I figured there weren't enough "Problems with my mistweaver"-threads in this forum already so I decided to make my own. Hehe to be honest, I didn't find any recent posts that really were as "wide" as mine, so hope it's all right.

To start off, here's my character and logs. :-)

Now, here's my problem. For the past 30 ilevels or so, compared to the other healers I am way behind in terms of healing output regardless of event, and if anything my output has gone down a little the last 20-30 ilevels gained. I'm talking several % of overall healing. Granted, they are also around 10-20 ilevels higher than me, but even the shaman on yesterdays attempt severely outhealed me, and he's below me by about 10 ilevels. Yes, Garrosh involves a lot of stacking so this works well with shaman, but my RJW gets to do a lot of healing as well - I'm going to guess I use it too much, looking at my logs. On Garros, I figured Chi torpedo was bad since I would not be able to stack with the ranged as efficiently that way to avoid poorly placed desecration, as well as on the boss later, but my thought at this point is that that'll probably be fine, and that I should use torpedo rather than RJW - yes? no?

Here's my biggest problem though - I don't really know what or where to put my efforts with 20-25 people. I feel like our tanks die if I stop focusing on healing them - this makes keeping RM up more difficult, everyone needs healing too, and I suspect I end up "half"ing just about everything. I've tried to fistweave a bit, at least first phase, but I land at around 35-40k healing output, and the tanks start dying (which may be other reasons, but I tried a couple of attempts and it ended with that both times). I also find that RM always seems to be landing on people that won't need heal in 5 seconds, but I guess I can't help that. :-) I use Brewing Chi extensively, and from reading up on forums a bit, I see that my Expel Harm-button is way underused, which I'll be changing now. One other thing - it seems to me often my Revival fails somehow as well - I was thinking if I could maybe be facing wrong direction when I hit it, but I don't think I do - yet often I don't see a change at all in peoples health, and I don't see it on the meter. In LFR it's a massive heal, easy to spot, but I thought maybe it could be that lfr people generally has a lot less health than people ilevel 550+ has?

Now let me just say, I know healing meters aren't alpha omega - but they are a good indicator when I am constantly low, that I'm doing something wrong. I have only done 10-man a few times with early content, but in instances in 25-man where I have limited amount of people to heal (like Spoils of Pandaria), my HPS increases quite a bit, and I'm much more capable of keeping everyone alive, as if my head just goes in OMGWTFAAHH! mode when I have more than 15 people to heal hehe. I've also been checking the mistweaver SOO-thread and picked up things from there, but while it did help, I don't seem to be able to do as suggested most of the time (perhaps due to our setup?). 

Will I perform decently by focusing on keeping 6+ RM and uplift, using Soothing mist on people needing some heals along with Expel Harm and Chi Brew for chi gain, as default spell usage, and then use the appropriate talents based on the events (RJW, chi torpedo/celerity, Xuen etc..)?

This frustrates me greatly, I feel rather useless during these raids, any advice is appreciated. :-)

-Shaniza

Without going into great detail and overwhelming you.

Ur reforging is ok, optimal imo would be

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/9a1dfc1c-d871-4182-85c0-968e5e5071df

Y u no uplift more!?!?!?

Drop the RjW for more uplift usage and you will have a better time.

Focus on ReM and Uplift with expel harm and soothing mist to generate chi.

Just looking at ur logs and basing off one of the 11min attempts:

U uses TFT 2 times.. should have been more like 11

Expel harm 1 time... MOAR! lol

Your ReM uptime was 75%, this should be 100%

If u fix these few things to start with the rest will become easier but this is essentially the "core" to monk healing.

U look to mainly have done flex, whilst it is harder than LFR its still easy enough that a well geared healer can come and snipe all your heals. That being said if u fix the problems i mentioned your hps will increase greatly.

Happy Killing

PS

Your revival doesnt look to be "failing" its just since it got nerfed u cant notice the "save the whole raid in one button" affect as much smile.png

Edited by Brewmonksta

Thanks!

Yeah I think I sort of panic when I can't cover 25 people on my own ;-) Tried some LFR yesterday after having read a bit more on the forum here, and ended up pushing just under 100k on protectors mistweaving, just keeping up ReM and spamming uplift, for the most part.. I've moved Expel harm to button number 1 on keyboard so trying to keep pushing that, also rebound ReM from middle mouse button to the right button so that it's easier to keep clicking (Vuhdo). To be honest I'm surprised ReM it's as high as 75%, doesn't feel like it.

I do have a ReM counter running, and even set up a sound whenever it's off CD, but thinking it's time to change the sound, as I think I've gotten so used to it now. Sounds like I should make a poweraura that shows something big whenever ReM is off CD during combat. I've healed with every other healer but paladin in the past and never had problems, so it's something about monk healing that I don't quite get - which makes it much more fun and interesting too.

Speaking of TFT, it's something I've recently started using more (I actually just started raiding again after a long break) as doing heroics hasn't required me to, so that one's definitely work in progress - but getting there. I read somewhere I should be able to get 16 targets with ReM using this, but I can't imagine it being for more than a second at most? What's a minimum amount of ReMs before TFT is good to use? I've sort of set me a requirement of 6, usually I hit it twice, gets 6 targets, then hit it a third time and then tries to uplift with tft immediately after - I guess theoretically it should be possible to get 9 then, but I'd have to wait another 6ish seconds for new cast, which would get me up to 12, then another 8 seconds to get it to 15, meaning that number would remain for 1-2 seconds before 9 disappears - is it really worth pushing for?

In regards to Revival-nerf - is there a buff there somewhere for lfr or is it just the amount of max hp that differs, making it look so much better in LFR than Flex?

Thanks for advice, I'll go ahead and check out those weight changes - that's mostly more crit from some mastery and spirit? The weights I've used are from another post on this forum, but I'll check these out.

Thanks!

-Shaniza

What's a minimum amount of ReMs before TFT is good to use?

I primarily raid 10 man but some qiuck napkin math (LOL) 8 sec cd/18 sec duraton shows 2 ReM with jumps then TFT gives 9 targets then another 3 for the next GCD then 3 more before the first 3 group of 9 start to drop off. So 16 sound optimal.

In regards to Revival-nerf - is there a buff there somewhere for lfr or is it just the amount of max hp that differs, making it look so much better in LFR than Flex?

Nope, no scaling just 25 man vs 10 man, althohg damage taken by the raid is more in flex so may appear less effective in heavy damage.

is it really worth pushing for?

Yeah for sure, ReM and uplift is where the most of ur healing comes from.

Tried some LFR yesterday after having read a bit more on the forum here, and ended up pushing just under 100k on protectors mistweaving

happy days :)

Yes, 6 or more active ReMs is a good rule of thumb as to when to use TFT. I wouldn't ever use it with less than 6.

I primarily raid 10 man but some qiuck napkin math (LOL) 8 sec cd/18 sec duraton shows 2 ReM with jumps then TFT gives 9 targets then another 3 for the next GCD then 3 more before the first 3 group of 9 start to drop off. So 16 sound optimal.

Well, its defiantly not 9.  Its 6-7.  I think when I had some wonky haste value I got 8, but i think its pretty difficult to do so.

Yes, 6 or more active ReMs is a good rule of thumb as to when to use TFT. I wouldn't ever use it with less than 6.

^^^^^^

Well, its defiantly not 9.  Its 6-7.  I think when I had some wonky haste value I got 8, but i think its pretty difficult to do so.

^^^^^^

Yea I've gotten 8 before using TFT before as well but it involves insta-use of ReM the split second it comes off cd. Unless you're standing there with no mechanics to avoid, etc. pretty much spamming ReM it's difficult to get. 7 is certainly possible, but as it's been saidm use it with no less than 6.

6 is easy, 7 starts to require good timing, and 8 is very rare in my experience. Attainable, but not worth aiming for. I think 9 is the highest I've been able to TFT, but that was under some major haste proc/hero. Tick speed increase -> Faster spreading which makes 9 possible.

Edited by Ceraius

Yeah there's usually a second from the third ReM to it actually jumps to two new targets, so if you manage to get TFT to hit before that jump happens, you'll get 9. I seem to get 8 quite often now that I've set up more on keyboard, usually I hit TFT prior to ReM'ing third time, and making sure I have the uplift chi, and I seem to get 9 not uncommonly, and 8 normally. Of course it does require some attention in those 2-3 seconds and if other things happen I am not going to let people die for it. ;-)

That said, I've seen great improvement in my healing output using you guys' suggestions, and people aren't dying either (!), and I really appreciate it.

-Shan

some qiuck napkin math (LOL)

I was leaning more to the 6 stacks then TFT then the 6 more being closer to the max stacks. 12 is nearly 16 lol.

I primarily raid 10 man so getting all 10 people covered is never an issue.

i get 6 people then TFT and then a possible 6 more leaving 12 covered. 12 isnt that far off 16 for napkin math :P

either way the priority doesn't change for healing.

Yeah there's usually a second from the third ReM to it actually jumps to two new targets, so if you manage to get TFT to hit before that jump happens, you'll get 9

This was what i was aiming for :)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ogoim4tufz5m3znj/details/9/?s=3322&e=3932

Last world of logs on Garrosh Flex - every time we did a try things were working out better for me. I'm not quite at 100% ReM but fairly close. tongue.png Really happy with this result, definitely got room for improvement, but this is a great start. People certainly lived longer too, which is the real gauge i guess. :-)

Need to work on using Expel harm regularly, but I am fairly sure I'll get into the habit of that soon as ReM and uplift becomes second nature to me - and I keep it in mind. Found often enough that the 8 seconds cd of ReM gave me more than enough time to gain enough chi to push uplift and TFT, and even an Enveloping Mist on the tanks now and then - although TFT could be used even more, and timed better with Garrosh' Whirling Corruption, but from what I can tell I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Thanks guys, you've all been great help. :-)

-Shan

Need to work on using Expel harm regularly

Yes :)

but from what I can tell I'm definitely moving in the right direction.

Yeah, your ReM uptime is much better. With more Expel Harm you will have much more chi to uplift and you will find your healing increasing.

Also remember never keep your chi capped, if you hit maximum chi just hit an uplift if the healing is needed or not.

As a monk you will over heal alot and this is fine :)