Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Enhance rotation/talent questions

2 posts in this topic

1) The rotation guide states that you should use flame shock EVERY time that Unleash Flame is up. Is it not a DPS loss to do this instead of using Earth Shock if more than 15 seconds are left on your active Flame Shock?

2) The talent guide mentions that Echo of the Elements is "slightly" behind Ancestral Swiftness for single target. How far behind are we talking? How do these talents compare in fights that are MOSTLY single target, but with occasional short AoE phases (Sha of Pride)?

3) The rotation guide doesn't mention the instant-cast lightning bolts that can be used with Ancestral Swiftness. Would I be correct in assuming that these should simply be used on cooldown at the same priority as a MW5 lightning bolt?

4) Apart from specific burst phases, should the Fire Elemental be simply used immediately when it comes off cooldown, or is it beneficial to wait for things like tinket procs? Does your elemental dynamically adjust to your stats as they change throughout its' duration, or do they keep the stats that are present when it is summoned?

1. Yeah that is correct. Although I haven't simmed/calculated it I assume its because Flame Shock has an initial hit and then a dot. Normally the initial damage would be lower than Earth Shock. But with the 30% buff from Unleash Flame the initital hit of Flame Shock hits harder than Earth Shock.

2. Around 2% maybe. I think when I simmed AG vs EotE in my 560ish gear I was getting around 3-5k difference. So yeah....I'm probably gonna fail more than a 5k difference smile.png

I tried using it on Galakras HC for the Fire Nova procs and it gave me better numbers on recount but the burst from EM on the Shamans and mini bosses help our team more. Same with Garrosh. On Sha of Pride normal the adds probably die to quickly for you to spread FS and get multiple fire nova procs with EotE. On Heroic your raidleader is probably making the tanks take the adds and asking the dps to focus down the boss to minimize the corruption-thingy.

3. Yup. AS is off the GCD so you can even macro into your lightning bolt. I have a WeakAura showing the same image when I have MW5 or if AS is not on cooldown. I see the animation, I press my button. Very simple, it doesn't ruin your MW5 procs.

4. The Elemental dynamically adjusts to your stats. It jused to be that they took a snap-shot of your stats, but now they automatically adjust to your stats. Most heavy players are watching their trinket procs very closely to min/mix. Even though FE and Wolves adjust automatically. Elemental Mastery and Ascendance can be used wisely.

You can imagine having maybe 15k agility proc and then using EM to get as many hits as you can while the proc is up. Its a min/max thing. The more important thing is to learn the fight so you don't use them on a bad place, like in a transition or something. You can even gain nice dps by popping them at the right time. Easiest example would be berskering phase for Nazgrim.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0