FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Arios016

Destruction Stat Priority Question

Hey guys, been experimenting with Simcraft a bit trying to find optimal stat weights and its coming up with quite a bit more haste then i am used to. I realize secondary stats really do have minimal impact on DPS however I still want to maximise my own dps.

As far as i understand as destro i should be running minimal haste?

armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Achearon/simple

Link to logs from shamans progression last night if you need. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wgeaxwz659mc97ts/dashboard/

Thanks for any and all help!

As long as you're maxing out your mastery you'll be fine in that department.  Many of us prefer crit with Destruction as our next best stat to prevent as much GCD capping as possible, but that doesn't mean haste is bad and it can actually be good in some situations.  Crit along with mastery guarantees the highest possible Chaos Bolts.  On the other hand, as with any higher crit build, you're throwing a bit of your DPS down onto the RNG table.  Your DPS will fluctuate more on a fight to fight basis, but when the planets align everyone will be jealous.  wink.png

Thanks for the response Omaric. I figured as much. I will probably keep fluctuating a bit as i get some more heroic peices..... as a random aside for BIS peices I'm assuming Mastery and Crit peices or will we be needing the hit from the Hit Mastery peices.

Hit capping is key, so you'll definitely want to grab any hit/mastery pieces you can find.  Otherwise yes, mastery/crit gear is Drool Town for me.

The best thing about destruction right now is that as long as Mastery is as high as it can be, you are pretty much free to do whatever you want with secondary stats. 

Higher haste can cause you to GCD cap, but you can mitigate this by not casting Conflagrate when you have a haste proc up (though still not allowing it to cap at 2 charges) and it's not like haste loses all value if you hit GCD. You still cast regular spells faster and gain more ticks of immolate etc. I also like it as I absolutely despise having to clip a cast due to movement, and haste can help you finish that theoretical cast.

The counter argument is that higher crit means that you make up more damage through crits and higher chaos bolt damage, and that is the beauty of destro this tier; it really is down to personal choice!

• Like 2