FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sholos

DPS help for fury

I am  fury warrior, fairly geared and i am having troubles with my dps being low... i know i should be doing more then 130k on raid bosses... but i have no clue what to do i have read and looked up stuff and still stumped. 

heres the link to my armory page http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Sholos/simple

any help is greatly appreciated :)

You're not getting the socket bonus in your helm. 180 str for only 1 blue gem is worth it.

I don't know what you're doing with you'Re gloves. Only matching 1 gem? Match both or go full crit, but don't do half and half.

You're 0.5% over the expertise cap, that's stats that could be allowed in better places.

Other than that it's hard to say from looking at your armory only. Have you read both the icy-veins guide and the FAQ I've put up in this sections of the forums? If so do you have any specific questions about what were in those guides?

Finally, to really help find out what's happening, logs would be ideal. IF you can post a worldoflogs report from one of your raids here I could help you even more.

-rage

Since i use askmrrobot for my gems and stuff and i also play around with it. like what from mr robot should i take and use and what i shouldnt use from it? (i know sometimes it can be off)

You can setup a WoL account for yourself and just log even an lfr or flex would be enough.

As far as your gear goes i've just loaded you up in AMR, and hit optimize, and there was quite a few things to change­.

Thanks for the logs! Also, your gems, enchants and reforges do look much better now :)

I'll be looking mainly at the Sha of Pride fight (I usually take Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok as a benchmark since they're pretty much target dummy fights, but since one of them isn't in the log and you died on the other I'll take the closest approximation I can find to a good single target fight)

The first thing I noticed is you used 47 Bloodthirsts on a 5:47 fight, where you could have used 77. Of course, there are some times where you won't get 100% of your uses in for whatever reason, but something along the lines of 60+ uses would be expected for a fight that long. 

Your enrage uptime seems fine considering your Crit chance, however do make sure that you are enraged for every Colossus Smash. For some of them it seems you weren't, and that's losing quite a lot of damage: Colossus Smash itself is ~30% damage increase, and your mastery is another 30%.

Looking at your cooldowns, you seem to be using Skull Banner/Recklessness appropriately, however be careful to always have Reck covering your whole CS. At least once you cast CS before casting your reck, which means you lost part of it. Also, you seem to hold out to your first CS and cooldowns for a good 15 seconds into the fight, and there really isn't any reason to hold them that long. If your trinkets don't proc in the first 5-7 seconds, blame RNG for your bad luck, but pop your CS and Cds too, else you're just wasting CS uptime.

(On a semi related note you should tell your warrior tank to make better use of his dps cooldowns: Only 1 Recklessness/Banner on a 6 minutes fight and no use of T6 talent)

Finally, your Storm Bolt damage seems a bit on the low side. 179k average hit and 381k average crit is much lower than what you would expect. It might be partially due to the fact that your weapons are really not that good (speaking of which, valor upgrades are never wasted on a warrior's weapons) but I mainly suspect that you might sometimes be using Stormbolt either outside of CS or when you are not enraged. Using SB for every CS and making 100% sure you're enraged for it is a big part of your DPS.

Looking at some other fights too, you always seem to be casting more Stormbolts than CS, and it should not be that way. Since you should use Sb every CS your SB and CS uses should be the same, and CS use should never be lower, since that means you're not casting all the CS you can and wasting uptime on it. (For example, on Sha of Pride you used CS 14 times, out of a possible 17. That's 18 seconds of uptime lost on CS.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

-Rage

• Like 1

(On a semi related note you should tell your warrior tank to make better use of his dps cooldowns: Only 1 Recklessness/Banner on a 6 minutes fight and no use of T6 talent)

I'm so proud of you, Rage. <3

i am now sad, with my gear i currently have now... i can do better dps as arms... im not much of a arms person but if i have to do it do bring the dps to raid i guess i gotta suck it up till i can get the darn legendary cloak... 8 more rune stones to go : /

With the gear you have right now and your crit chance, you should be able to have enough BT crits to sustain Fury's rotation. However, fury is much more trickier to play than arms, so you might still have better results as arms because of that.

Ooook that makes sense... as much as i want to have high dps i dont want to have to fall back on arms.... as easy and the dps i can pull... never got along with it

Okay im am currently wearing timeless isles shoulder (543 epgraded) and i got the dps/tank shoulders from gralakras lfr would it be a wise choice to wear the lfr shoulders?

At your gear level, crit should be worth around 0.9 pts of strength, and mastery should be about 0.8.

Your 528 shoulders will let you have 2*320 crit from the gems + whatever amount you can reforge from the hit. If that amount of crit is superior to the one on the 543's + the strength you'd be losing by downgrading, then it's worth it. Otherwise it's not.

Okay just did my first raid of the year and i felt with the help i have got my dps has increased, though i still feel there is still room for more improvment here is my WoL http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/effo0pembu3g9x2q/

and armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Sholos/simple (i've also got the warforged belt from ordos witht he hit/mastery, should i use that one over the current one?)

Belt won't change much. Mastery is better than haste, so it's probably a slight upgrade, but the difference is probably small enough that you wouldn't notice it.

As far as the logs go, I have to leave for classes soon, so I won't be able to go over them until later tonight.

i got 4 weaps now, 2 from sha, and 2 from nagrim which 2 should i use or should i have one of each(which is what im currently doing)

It may depend on the rest of your gear. When you reach high levels of crit, the mastery on the mace gets better than the crit on the sword. IF you are to that point (which you can know by simming your stat weights in simulationcraft) the mace gets better than the sword, as long as you can handle the expertise on it. 

(Speaking of equivalent ilvls here of course, if one of your weapons has an higher ilvl than the others it immediately becomes better)

Depends on a lot of stuff, including if you have thok's trinket or not. For me, mastery started to beat crit point for point at around 41% crit.

As far as simming your toon for stat weigths it's not too hard. Go to simulationcraft.com and dowload the clent on their website. Once youV'e lauched it, go on the "Import" tab, browse the armory to find your toon, and hit import on the bottom right.

After that, you want to go to the options tab, make sure "iterations" is at at least 10k, and that the fight style follows what you're trying to find your stats for. I usually leave mine at helterskelter.

Next step is to go in the "scaling" sub-tab, and check Positive Deltas, Str, AP, Hit, Crit, Haste, Mastery.

After that, hit simulate and wait. Should produce a nice table with the stats you chose to analyze and some numbers near them, those numbers being simulated stat weights for the type of fight you chose.

Hope this helps, 

-rage

After simming, is Mastery really close or better than Crit at your gear level? If so, can you use the Nazgrim maces without having to reforge the expertise out of it? If the answer to these 2 questions is yes, than the maces are better for you. Realistically, you might only be able to use 1 of the maces without going over expertise cap, in which case 1 mace +  1 sword will be the best setup for you.