Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mystwalker

Demo Breakpoints

4 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Got a quick question, trying to min/max my output as Demo.

In terms of haste breakpoints, what kind of limit would you suggest on how much extra mastery to give up to reach them?

I'm currently running a low haste build and pulling pretty nice numbers, though I'm seeing a lot of suggestions lately to swap to the 14k haste build, and I can see why, since the majority of the time I'm casting ToC in Demo form rather than SF (though not exclusively, I can fit in a few here and there).

I'm running a secret value below 14k and parsing very high.  It's a personal Haste value that caters to my playstyle.  Reforging isn't going to make or break your DPS...mastering the spec will.  Haste = Mastery for single target, but for ANY AoE or cleaving, Mastery > Haste.  Your preference on how much Mastery you give up for Haste.

Cheers for the reply Zag,

Yeah I know that reforging isn't gonna matter too much, I've put hours upon hours into mastering my rotation so as I say, it's purely for min/max reasons and whether hitting those breakpoints would suddenly provide a heavier jump in damage.

I'll probably play around with them just out of curiosity, but I know it's not suddenly going to give me another 50k or anything.

Oh and Omar, sadly this lock is Alli side, so no berserking for me!

Edited by Mystwalker

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NasharStormrage
      So,
      Which trinket should I be using (obviously arms warriors are not concerned with iLvl because Mastery is desired over strength.
      I have the 820 iLvl trinket from a timewarped dungeon and that with heroism, Battle Cry, Potion, trinket use, could provide an extreme amount of dps burst which is also on a 1.5m CD. It seems like an obvious choice but I wanted to hear any thoughts or opinions that people have since I'll be losing 500+ static mastery. Also, the use effect gives around 20-24% increased damage during colossus smash. 
      Thoughts?... 

• By zyclonenuz
      Hi guys ! I just want to ask how much my BM haste and mastery at least should be ? been googling about it and I can't seem to find anything about it. 
      currently I'm at:
      Haste: 17.4%
      Mastery: 76.07%
    • By Halestorm
      Hello, I raided back during WotLK and Cata with a resto druid.  Back then we aimed for certain percentages of haste so we could eventually obtain the 3 extra ticks in Rejuvenation, 2 in Regrowth, and 1 in Wild Growth.  After that threshold was met we then focused on Mastery. (but back then our HoT's didn't crit)  So my question is; Are these haste threshold's still something to be aiming for?  And if so, what are these threshold's?  Does haste still affect these spells the same way?  Are there goals to be aiming for with our secondary stats?  I've been gone for a few years and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Saurohn
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yKGvQX3Th2wBn86J#type=damage-done&source=17
      http://www.wowhead.com/list=20882584/us-runetotem-saurohn
      I am getting lots of snarky comments about my low DPS and so would like a few pointers. Thanks for being nice!
      S
    • By Paden1993
      I just got Whisper of the Nathrezim, and I love it. But I feel like I need more haste than the 22% that is recommended, to get the most out of the cloak or am I totally on the wrong?