FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kakashi2300

Haste cap over 13k cap ?

I was just wondering if somebody have tried or crushed some numbers on if its worth going for haste caps after the 13k on if you're using SOTF ?

atm I myself almost have gear to reach the 19676 cap without losing anything major on it and atm im raiding hc with 16,8k haste cap and it works pretty fine and im not rly going oom anywhere...

Edited by Kakashi2300

I haven't looked into it, but I'm pretty sure theorycrafters would have said something if there was something significant with the haste.

IMO you're losing too much mastery if you go higher than 13k

well atm im still at 24-25% mastery unbuffed so its should be fine plus when Im going for the 19676 cap I wont rly lose any mastery on it either since its just a little reforge and 2 HC AMP trinkets..

but yeah Im gonna test it out and see how it goes.... atm in HC im still the top healer

Edited by Kakashi2300

I asume you are talking about resto druids?
if so you're inbetween caps

16.8k haste doesn't give you anyting

cap before 15531 (+7 ticks of lifebloom) cap afther 18207 (+2 ticks of regrowth) but its not worth it to go for extra ticks of these spells. or you go for 13163 (+2 rejuv) or you go for 23289 (+3 rejuv +3 tanq) But i'm not sure if the 23k cap is someting you should go for. I'm not sure if it worth it. Atm i can get that 23289 cap and still have 33% mastery (with raidbuffs) and 15500 spirit.

For spirit is should be fine; but i'm not sure if its beter to have more mastery then haste. I was hoping anyone could share his/her exp with this. :)

If not i'm gonna test it myself but that will be someting for next year sins we're about to have a raid break for 3 weeks :p :)

hope to hear more of this .

Cheerz Xuxo

I would do more digging and see if there are different breakpoints for SOTF Tranquility. I can't find any up-to-date sources that list where you get extra ticks of Tranquility with the SOTF buff. Without SOTF, you don't get more ticks of Tranq until you get up to 23k Haste, but I have a feeling there might be something tasty in the middle for SOTF.

If the math is the same as it is for non-SOTF Rejuv/Tranq, it's probably somewhere around the 15,684 SOTF Rejuvenation breakpoint and that would be why you're seeing good results with the 16.7k breakpoint. If that is the case, then the 19.7k breakpoint will not offer you anything outstanding, but the 20.7k might as there is another SOTF Rejuv tick there and that might mean another SOTF Tranq tick as well.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

I would do more digging and see if there are different breakpoints for SOTF Tranquility. I can't find any up-to-date sources that list where you get extra ticks of Tranquility with the SOTF buff.

mTdBr6h.png

Though, it's not good to get for breakpoints like that. Just wanted stats. On top of I personally never want my tranq super charged because, it just heals everyone up quick, Yea, but then it's too quick for a large number of people to even get the Hot portion since it went by so fast.

I'd rather have it a longer cast so I can hit more people and heal for the duration of an aoe pulsing damage.

If anything I'd go to 13,953 for the one more WG tick with SOTF.. Probably no higher than that is even worth it

well I made it to the 19,6k haste cap and actually gained stats in mastery, crit and in spirit xD so gonna try it out in HC tonight :3 plus I got my legendary back aswell....    the good thing is that with the legendary the fast HoTs that does overheals now gets dumped in the face of someone else instead of being wasted... well only 5 procent tongue.png but still, with faster ticks it would mean that the raid overall will get more heals and faster :3   either way ;P gonna be fun trying it out tonight :3

and with more ticks increases my chances on getting procs on my back, meta, trinkets, set bonus and so on :D plus I checked my efflorrence :D it ticks like every sec now instead of the 2 sec :D

Edited by Kakashi2300

Can you reach 20794? That's where you get another tick of SOTF Tranquility according to Krazyito's AMR mining.

ill go for that as soon I get my neck (flex) and chest (norm) and when that happens some more spirit will be stripped into haste :3 and it should be easy :3

Edited by Kakashi2300

@ kakashi, srr for some reason i forgot you where talking about soft caps.
@ krazyito, hmm its only 0.55 sec les  that your rejuv goes. and not even 0.40 sec for your tanq. But i guess you are doing 25 man. and there i can see in some way it could be more intresting. however you have less ticks and a longer time they tick on. In 10man hc you need more bursty healing. So thouse extra ticks on a shorter time are imo intersting aswell :) , someting ppl should tink about. and how care about hover healing, they go into your mushi :) and / or cloak prock. And sins i don't have mana probs i don't really bodder havind some overhealings. As long is my efflorescence go more overhealing then my other heals its all fine :). The only bad thing about more haste is, your casted heals are also going faster , so you can caste more/faster so you also need more spirit. Atleast that is my exp with it.

and with more ticks increases my chances on getting procs on my back, meta, trinkets, set bonus and so on biggrin.png plus I checked my efflorrence biggrin.png it ticks like every sec now instead of the 2 sec biggrin.png

Most of those items don't get affected by haste.  I think Horridon's last grasp is one of the few exceptions.

Also, I had no Idea my phone would post the picture that big.  Sorry about that.

Most of those items don't get affected by haste.  I think Horridon's last grasp is one of the few exceptions.

Also, I had no Idea my phone would post the picture that big.  Sorry about that.

all of those have everything 2 do with haste xD since they all have a chance to proc on heal....  so more haste = more ticks which = better chance on getting those procs :D so yes it does :D

@ kakashi, srr for some reason i forgot you where talking about soft caps.

@ krazyito, hmm its only 0.55 sec les  that your rejuv goes. and not even 0.40 sec for your tanq. But i guess you are doing 25 man. and there i can see in some way it could be more intresting. however you have less ticks and a longer time they tick on. In 10man hc you need more bursty healing. So thouse extra ticks on a shorter time are imo intersting aswell smile.png , someting ppl should tink about. and how care about hover healing, they go into your mushi smile.png and / or cloak prock. And sins i don't have mana probs i don't really bodder havind some overhealings. As long is my efflorescence go more overhealing then my other heals its all fine smile.png. The only bad thing about more haste is, your casted heals are also going faster , so you can caste more/faster so you also need more spirit. Atleast that is my exp with it.

well with my rotation I dont rly need more spirit since the haste does that my HoTs are ticking faster which = in that ppl getting more of the HoTs faster which = in that I wont need to do single target heals that much biggrin.png plus I dont rly spam reju, my top heals are almost always wild growth

well just done with my hc raid for today :D the hps didn't rly increase that much but it was much easier to raidheal :D but on the other hand its kind of hard to compare xD since we usually do 3 healers a mistweaver, holydin and me.... but today we went mistweaver, resto shaman and me....

and some of the bosses we 2 man healed with me and the monk....  and my shroom got overcharged most more xD so didn't rly use it as much as I should since it kind of took me by suprise xD

Edited by Kakashi2300

all of those have everything 2 do with haste xD since they all have a chance to proc on heal....  so more haste = more ticks which = better chance on getting those procs biggrin.png so yes it does biggrin.png

No, I'm telling you that they DON'T get affected by haste since 5.4. The set bonus gets affected by spellpower, not haste. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3774-haste-sayyyy-waaa-resto-shaman/?p=43125

http://www.wowhead.com/news=218917/patch-5-4-trinket-preview-rppm-and-scaling-details#54trinkets-healing

93n1IAA.png

Also just found out an easy way of finding out if something is affected by haste

Here is my DPS cloak.  Notice the PPM

3dnVJPH.png

Now when I take off some haste pieces

Vh6a30g.png

This is not the case for the healing cloak.

No, I'm telling you that they DON'T get affected by haste since 5.4. The set bonus gets affected by spellpower, not haste. 

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3774-haste-sayyyy-waaa-resto-shaman/?p=43125

http://www.wowhead.com/news=218917/patch-5-4-trinket-preview-rppm-and-scaling-details#54trinkets-healing

93n1IAA.png

Also just found out an easy way of finding out if something is affected by haste

Here is my DPS cloak.  Notice the PPM

3dnVJPH.png

Now when I take off some haste pieces

Vh6a30g.png

This is not the case for the healing cloak.

all that just confirmed what I said xD it all says that it proc on heals biggrin.png  the trinkets and cloak showned proc rate doesn't take HoT's tick in considered when its calculating biggrin.png so its still the more heals u can get on ppl the higher the chance....  and 1 tick from a HoT is considered as 1 heal biggrin.png so haste does matter biggrin.png  and about the set bonus im talking about sage mender biggrin.png which is based on reju ticks biggrin.png so the more ticks u can get out of 1 reju the higher the chance biggrin.png and not only do u get more ticks biggrin.png they also tick faster which increases the chances even more :3

Edited by Kakashi2300

That cloak I pictured was the DPS cloak. NOT the Healing one.

Just becasue you gain 1 extra tick doesn't mean that you're going to get more procs, that's not how the effects work.  Its all math based on procs-per-minute.  These items use to change their proc rate based on haste.  Not any more.

They way you're thinking is only based on the number of spell casts, not ticks per cast.

That cloak I pictured was the DPS cloak. NOT the Healing one.

Just becasue you gain 1 extra tick doesn't mean that you're going to get more procs, that's not how the effects work.  Its all math based on procs-per-minute.  These items use to change their proc rate based on haste.  Not any more.

They way you're thinking is only based on the number of spell casts, not ticks per cast.

dude I never said that extra ticks and extra ticking speed = in more procs.... all I said that it increases the chance to a proc to be activated....  since a tick counts as a heal and since meta,cloak and trinkets effects can happens when a benficial/spell heals that would mean that the more ticks u get the greater the chance.... and as I also wrote earlier... the math that used in the proc rate on the items aren't taking tick heals in the equaltion....  which mean that for a resto druid these proc rate % is higher than what it says....   but many trinkets and items have a cooldown when it procs :3 so the only thing haste does for these items is keeping the downtime on these items lower when they are out of their cooldown....

and 1 tick from a HoT is considered as 1 heal, so haste does matter  so the more ticks u can get out of 1 reju the higher the chance, and not only do u get more ticks, they also tick faster which increases the chances even more :3

Just becasue you gain 1 extra tick doesn't mean that you're going to get more procs,

dude I never said that extra ticks and extra ticking speed = in more procs

I didn't say about tick speed either.  You were talking about total number of ticks.

Regardless, as I said already said:

the proc chance does not increase with more ticks because its based off spell usage

the proc chance does not increase with more ticks because its based off spell usage

but I can 100% tell u that a tick can trigger the proc :P so its not only spell usage :3

I'm done with this discussion. We've both said what we think multiple times. So we're just going to have to disagree. It's been thrown off from the original already.

I'm done with this discussion. We've both said what we think multiple times. So we're just going to have to disagree. It's been thrown off from the original already.

well the thing is that u keep saying that the procs only happens with spell usage.....  even tho its a fact ticks from HoTs also can activate them....  plus u keep saying that the ppm on items is the only thing thats correct.... even tho I keep telling u that its a fact that a tick can activate :3   even tho thx for the discussion :D