FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
dietdrpepper

Gear and dps help (logs included)

Hello all, recently I have been starting to feel like I am not doing enough dps with my current ilvl (560). I was hoping to get some feedback/critique on my characters refoge/gem choices along with logs of last nights 25m kills.

Few things to keep in mind are that I am in a casual 25m guild that is progressing very slowly, so simply killing thok or any other bosses we haven't reached yet is out of the question as of now.

armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/feathermoon/Itchybob/simple

logs of last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o8wgx859oed0e5jd/details/3/?s=6223&e=6584

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

First of all, at your item level, if you have the chance to go Titan's Grip, you will definitely see a DPS increase. You also are almost over 1% over hit cap, and therefore are wasting some stats. i would suggest using askmrrobot to help you with hit and expertise capping if you are not already.

Looking at the logs, I can see you are not using Bloodthirst on cooldown. On a 6 minutes fight, you would expect 17-18 CS, whereas you only used 14. Going along with that, I see only 13 uses of Stormbolt. This could be because you let SB and CS get slightly out of sync because you only have a Flex EEoG, but remember to use SB inside every single CS.

Considering, once again, the length of the fight, the use of your 2nd cooldowns seems early. If you know the boss will not live long enough for you to use them a 3rd time, save all your cooldowns (and 2nd pot) for the sub-20% execute phase.

Finally, I see only 6 Dragon Roar usages, which is what i would expect... if you didn't have EEoG. Make use of the reduced cooldown, and use the skill more! There was at least one more time you could've used it.

Overall, I don't believe you're too far off. Just make sure to look at your hit/exp caps, use CS/SB more and work a bit on using your CDS (Reck/Banner/Dragon Roar) better. Once again, too, if you can get your hands on some decent 2 handed weapons, definitely go for it.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask,

-rage

Rage is the DPS guy, so I don't have anything to add. Just wated o say thanks for posting logs, they really help us see what you're doing so we can better help you. Gold star!

This is very helpful thanks! Yea I just recently got the evil eye trinket so im still trying to make my rotation work. I do tend to delay my CS to line up more with my SB. I guess this wont be much of a problem once I get the normal or warforged version? 

I will def look into my hit/exp cap. I didnt even notice I was over by 1%.

Thanks again for the swift response!

If I remember correctly the normal version will put SB right above 21s cd, so it will definitely be easier for you to time it right :)