FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Veox

Help my Warrior please

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I saw your post and I'm going to look over your logs.

However, it'll probably wait until tomorrow, since I'm super tired. :(

-rage

Might as well add this on to the post, since it's my warrior it's all about.

Trinkets are a bit of a wierd point for me. I have acces to:

I know that there should be different fights where the different trinkets excel ahead of each other. as for example the Fusion fire core on AoE heavy fights (Protectors or Spoils). but my issue lies with the fact that i dont really know if it is beneficial enough with only the flex mode trinkets. Therefore i tend to stick with the Evil eye and Skeers trinket even on AoE fights.

Also Weapon wise, i was (un)forturnate enough to get a Hellscream's Doomblade from our first Garrosh kill. And I'm currently pondering on wether or not to transition into Single minded fury. I have a Non-warforged Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian to go along with it. But from my SimCraft experiments it seems like it would only be a minor upgrade from my current flex Titan Grip setup.

Edited by Kierna

Well, while u wait for rage's response, i might add that ur BiS trinks are Galakras and Thok's. And as i got to know from rage earlier, TG is stronger than SMG by a good margin.

Alright, lots of questions to answer, so let's get to it biggrin.png

First off, I'll start with the trinekts question since the answer will be short: Fusion fire Core only give you a dps increase when there's 3+ targets, so Spoils and Protectors are fine to use that one on, but the DPS gain over using your 2 BiS trinkets is small. As Horcored said, your BiS are, by far, Thok's and Galakras, so if you want to have it the easy way and only use twom use those 2 and you'll be more than fine on any fight.

As far as weapons go, the rule of thumb is the higher ilvl the weapon, the better, so if you only have 548's for your TG setup, the 561 SMF weapons will give you slightly better single target DPS. However, TG's AoE should still be slightly ahead, and the DPS difference between the 2 shouldn't be that big, so if you're more comfortable playing TG, just stick with it and pray for a normal 2h drop as soon as you can. smile.png

Hope this helps,

-rage

P.S.: I'll do log analysis in the next post, I just don't want to confuse answers with eachother.

Alright, log time!

First of all, your gear setup is fine. Mine isn't totally optimal, but it's because I prefer to put my own gems in my gear and then tell mrrobot to optimize me working around these gems. It's just a matter of preference, and won't really affect your DPS nearly as much as your rotation will anyway. Gear wise, getting higher ilvl weapons and higher ilvl (or better itemized) offpieces for your legs/chest should improve your DPS (especially getting new weapons).

Looking at logs, I'll base my analysis from Iron Juggernaut and possibly Malkorok if I need more data, since these are 2 fights that are full on single target and are the closest to a target dummy you'll find in SoO. (Plus, you played Fury on both these fights and Fury is the spec I'm best at analyzing).

Looking at the most important things, it doesn't look too bad at all: 42 Raging Blow charges generated, 41 used (and I assumed you "wasted" one during execute range, which is fine). 12 CS uses, 12 Stormbolt uses, right as you'd expect on a fight this length. 49 BTs out of a possibility of 57, which is fine too, since sometimes you'll delay BT by a GCD if you're enraged and already have 2 RB charges.

One thing I saw, however, is a cast of Cleave on IJ, you misclicked a keybind, I assume?

Onto the parts where I think you can improve: First off, your enrage management. Your overall uptime seems fine, but looking at it more closely, I can see there are quite a few CS that are only partly covered by enrage, and some of them are even not covered at all. Make sure you save your Berserker Rage for when your BTs don't crit right before or during a CS. Also, I see only 1 potion on IJ and 0 on Malkorok, make sure you prepot and repot later on in the fight when your cooldowns are available again. Finally, your number of Recklessness/Skull Banners looks fine, but make sure you are using them alongside a CS, otherwise you're pretty much just wasting your cooldowns.

To summarize, you're already doing very good, just try to improve on those small details and it should help a bit. Also, if you can get normal/WF weapons, you'll definitely see a big DPS increase from it.

Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions/requests feel free to ask,

-rage

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your input Ragebar, i'll try to optimize where i can. smile.png  

And i think i'll stay with my TG setup for now, I ran the SMF setup in Simcraft (with gems and upgrades etc.) and only got some minimal extra dps on single target encounters, and waaay lower on AoE.

Yeah, this isn't surprising, since most of your AoE damage will come from Bladestorm and Whirlwind, 2 attacks which hit for a % of weapon damage, and therefore favor TG :)