FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chainsmac

Some help with one of my raiders

Long story short the warlock in my raid group is questioning his DPS constantly. It is quite low for his ilvl (562) and I don't know much about warlocks so I can't help him. 

Here are the logs from tonights 4% wipe on Garrosh 10 normal.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqyubu0b2y028ble/details/16/?s=1444&e=2078

Here's his armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Moramnora/advanced

He's been questioning his DPS a lot lately ever since we had to pug another lock(561) and did far less DPS than the pug. 

Anything you can find that he may be doing wrong or can improve on please let me know. I'd love to improve his damage further and restore his confidence.

Edited by Chainsmac

Point him first to the destruction thread stickied at the top of this forum then point him to this thread, which will address most of the problems I've seen (fight tips, dark soul usage, shadowburning, etc):

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/4031-dps-on-garrosh-cd-woes-macros-help/

As for some quick specific things, 

• Immolate uptime is nowhere near where it should be.  He's at 56% total uptime and should be closer to 90% (or higher if your raid dps can push the first half  of transitions fast enough).  The spec revolves around proper ember generation and consumption, so he needs to make sure he's at least doing the generation part.
  • Speccing into AD and using it to inflate damage on adds probably isn't the best use of it.  Even with the minimal movement for most of phase 1 and phase 2, it's really nice to have KJC to help push the boss faster during phase 2 intermissions, and it's ideal to have it for the last phase when the damage matters the most.
  • Sacrifice > pets for harder hitting chaos bolts and shadowburns and to take advantage of KTTs multistrike.  Can always sac a fel hunter for interrupt for phase 3 (since he's using shadowfury in p2).
  • He should probably not be using Fire and Brimstone for anything outside the first phase besides the Terrace transition.  I'd go over that strategy with him and make sure he knows he shouldn't be killing corruptions near each other.
  • Gem/Reforging wise, my guess is he's aiming for that 9211 haste breakpoint for demo and if he is, he should really drop it down to 8064. With is PBI (amp trinket), he'll need 7537 haste from gear to reach that.
Edited by Typecast

Link to Destro thread: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1686-54-destruction-tips-and-quirks/

That Garrosh thread isn't going to be near as useful to fixing his problems as that thread there.

Garrosh is a weird fight to analyze, because so much changes and is dependent on your strat. 

Are you using the stack strat or the back-and-forth strat? Are you picking up and kiting the adds from Empowered Whirling Corruption or killing them? I'm assuming you're killing them, given that he has damage on them.

For the minions, there's really not much point in using Immolate on them, because they drop too quickly.

He can definitely catch more things with Shadowburn (weapons, adds, etc.) at the very least to get the extra ember from it. 

Like Typecast said, GoSac is really the right choice for Destro if you have KTT. Sac the puppy on this fight to keep Spell Lock.

There really is too much movement, especially with the back-and-forth strat, to merit anything besides KJC, ESPECIALLY on a long fight like this. AD is kind of bad on this fight.

He's not lining his DS up with his PBI proc, which hurts him.

His average Chaos Bolt damage is abismal. On a fight like that with as many procs as he had, his average CB should easily be 300k higher. He's using CB outside of procs a lot.

Really though, the best way to help him is to have him here. Don't be the messenger, have him come to us directly.

GoSup with KTT = wrong. Use GoSac.

One pure int gem and one pure haste gem = wrong. Use 80/160 gems and/or pure mastery.

AD as destro = wrong. All about the KJC, sometimes (rarely) Mannoths.

5 items that are something/haste = wrong, kind of. This is more of a raid leader train of thought then it is a *warlock* one. If it's the only gear he has access to, then it's the only gear he has access to. But if he's TRYING to get haste gear, then it's wrong. Haste gear should never be given to a warlock if it can go to someone that can USE haste like a Spriest or mage. Warlocks are all about the mastery and the crit. If he's trying to build an Aff set then he's going to want mastery/haste gear, but unless you want to cheese WoL or just really hate playing destro or demo or have some other odd NEED for Aff, then there isn't really a reason to build a set for it.

Some weird shit is going on in those logs.

Summoning Disorientation 1 4.0 0.6 %

This means that he had a pet OUT but still summoned a new one...why?

Rain of Fire 45 255.2

40.2 %

40% up time in a 10min fight means for a solid four min he had RoF down. This *could* happen if the adds are staying up FOREVER but this seems like a REALLY long time for adds to be up, my guess is that he was trying to use it else were, which is wrong.

Immolate 30 331.9 52.3 % Immolate 8 28.2 4.4 %

Shameful. Just...shameful. Immolate should never be that low of an uptime. Shameful. Note: The first Immolate is the hard cast, the second is the F&B cast. Together they make up an uptime of 56.7%. Shameful.

Chaos Bolt 27551237 28.3 % - 32 860976.2

This should be MUCH higher. His avg. damage from a CB is what it should be, if he was 20ilvl lower then he is. This should be ~1mil. Clearly not using his procs to snap shot his CBs with.

Shadowburn 4379431 4.5 % 4 492813.2 1971253 3

7 shadow burns...7. Like...idk. Bad. Just bad. Do more.

Your raider needs to read up on how to warlock and then sit down with one of us and ask any questions he has. Many of us are totally ready and willing to help.

I'm down to two night clears and I don't have a new semester starting till mid Jan, I'm super bored. If you or him or both of you want to add me to Bnet I'm around a lot to help. Meaculpas#1996.

• Like 2

Funny how Blizzard does not nerfed Gosac past 2 patches.

Miss Old Overpowered Gosac for affliction.

Edited by JvChequer

Funny how Blizzard does not nerfed Gosac past 2 patches.

Miss Old Overpowered Gosac for affliction.

GoSac is a scaling mechanic that had to be measured as each patch came along.  It was nerfed for this patch....it just wasn't hot fixed later because they actually got it right on the first try.

Long story short the warlock in my raid group is questioning his DPS constantly. It is quite low for his ilvl (562) and I don't know much about warlocks so I can't help him. 

Here are the logs from tonights 4% wipe on Garrosh 10 normal.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sqyubu0b2y028ble/details/16/?s=1444&e=2078

Here's his armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Moramnora/advanced

He's been questioning his DPS a lot lately ever since we had to pug another lock(561) and did far less DPS than the pug. 

Anything you can find that he may be doing wrong or can improve on please let me know. I'd love to improve his damage further and restore his confidence.

Dude ain't going to get better by having his friend ask the girl out for him.  Same deal here.  He ain't going to improve unless he comes looking for help.  If you don't know anything for Warlocks, then when we tell you one thing, you'll translate it back to him and give him 3rd generation processed feedback.  For him to question his own DPS and not seek out a solution is ridiculous with the amount of information out there today.