Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ceraius

Blood Tanking Malkorok HC

10 posts in this topic

Heyas community!

My guild is currently progressing through Malkorok HC and I intend to try out my luck solotanking the 2nd phase. So now I'm looking for advice/recommendation/experience on rotating cooldowns for that phase. I have Rook's Talisman, but I'm missing Vial of Living Corruption.

I have access to my own CDs (duh) and for externals I'll always have Vigilance available and in most cases also Ironbark.

Currently I'm thinkin for the first Bloodrage IBF -> Rooks talisman + Bone Shield

Not having the Vial, my IBF would be on CD for the next one, so for that one Rook's Talisman + Boneshield -> Vigilance + Ironbark + Army of the dead.

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ceraius

You can also work in Vampiric Blood into both of them, armor potion once, and depending on your raid comp other options could be Pain suppression from a disc priest and Might of Ursoc if there's a druid that can give you symbiosis (normally I would say its the most useless symbiosis, but in this situation every little bit counts).

It's hard for a DK though. We lost our pally tank so we were talking about me solo'ing the blood rage next week, but I tried it out in Flex over the weekend and got wrecked. It'll be interesting to see what we can pull off in heroic.

Mmyeah, as VB isn't damage reduction per say so I thought I'd keep it as a "wild card" for when things go hairy. Or right at the beginning for easier phase transition. 

Also does armor potion work? I was under the assumption that the P2 damage ignores armor.

As for DKs doing it, I'm a little scared of it myself, but I have a source who assures their guild does it with a DK tank.

I am the source, and I obviously forgot to ask our DK how he does it. (kick me for being noob)

We are doing 10-mans on HC, he's viable. wink.png Asking him on fb atm, I'll edit the post when my question gets answered.

Szensa the Source!

Title ples

Edit#2:

Deh answer:

First off: Have 12 Bone Shield on start (I think that means you should have 6 up and 6 ready to use). He has the Vial of Living corruption on which means his CD's, but Army of the Dead are up for both Blood Rages phases.

His CD rotation is the following:

1.) Pop Dancing Rune Weapon + start channeling Army of the Dead

2.) Icebound Fortitude

3.) Rook's Unlucky Talisman

4.) If the trinket falls off before the phase ends, Vampiric Blood + Death Strike on swing timer = omfghigh Blood Shields

He also said he can also do it without any CD's, only Blood Shield (and maybe Bone Shield), but I'd recommend to play it safe. :P

My thoughts

Its obvious, but I'll still write it down: Have no Fatal Strike stacks when solotanking Blood Rage. :P
How to: Start tanking Malkorok, have your co-tank taunt him off at 9-12 stacks, than keep taunting every 15 stacks. This will result in you having 0 stacks and your co-tank 15-20 Stacks of Fatal Strike (depends on how hard you have failed at taunting.... :P) He/she will need to move behind Malkorok, even out of his melee range if any melee DD gets debuffed. Repeat.

If you have 2 Blood Rage phases, I'd say to use the Army only on the second one, since it hits 25% harder. I know our DK doesn't use any Externals to tank it, but if you feel squishy, do not be afraid to ask for some.

Here is his Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Asheris/advanced

I hope we halp'd, have fun tanking (I envy you all...)!

Adam

Edited by Szensa

Thankyou. I'll probably play it safe and ask for externals at certains points at least the first few times and then start pushing my limits.

Much appreciated mr. Source. :D

Ok, so 10m HC it should be really easy for a DK to solo the blood rage. I was thinking of it from a 25 HC perspective and that is borderline impossible for a dk, but I checked the fight info last night, and it's 6.8mil dmg in 25 vs 2.7mil in 10. I can almost live through the 6.8mil popping everything I have, so in 10m it probably only tickles with a good cd rotation.

I hope I'll find out tonight. Its progress night! :D

Yeah, as I've said, we are doing 10-mans at the moment. Anyone (tank) who is doing 10H should be able to survive that kind of damage, DK's and Monks pretty easily, not sure about others, but every tank has its own tools.
In 25-mans, well.... I'd make a Monk tank it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 4/7 Mythic EN+ 2/3 Heroic ToV
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Medium demand.
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614
    • By Drchance
      Here's a link to my character:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uther/Drchancimus/simple

With max boneshield stacks i'm at:
      13% crit
      37% haste
      38% mastery
      6% versatility
      3% dodge
      18% parry

Maybe i'm just terrible at googleing, but i can't figure out when i should stop trying to stack haste, sadly i have way too much mastery; i'd like to have less; just trying to see if anyone has worked the numbers out.
    • By Ravedge
      Hello! <Dishonored> is a guild that has had 7/7 H EN on farm the past few weeks but we are lacking in numbers to get an easy transition into Mythics. Our first and only night of attempts of Mythics we had Nythendra to 16%. We unfortunately had a number of raiders have schedule changes in RL that have made raiding not really an option anymore. We are a weekend raiding guild that makes the most out of our Saturday/Sunday nights.

That being said, we are Recruiting!
      DPS: We are looking for a number of strong DPS (Pref ranged BUT not ignoring melee)
      Healers: 1-2 Healers (Having a DPS off build is a plus but NOT required)
      Tank: Looking for a solid Tank (Having a DPS off build is a plus but NOT required)

Raid Times
      (Server Time) EST
      Saturday 9:30 pm - 1:00 am
      Sunday 9:00 pm - 12:00 am

If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to message me or add me on Battle tag: Ravedge#1619

Character Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Wulfbaine/simple

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-Ravedge

• By Adelynd
      Who We Are

Lunae was created in early 2011 by a group of friends that have busy real lives with jobs and families.  We like to do things well but our families and friends come first.  We are looking for mature, fun, experienced, and skilled players who want to join a friendly raiding environment.  We offer a mature atmosphere that loves to raid more with the person than with a player and knows that in the end, real life is all that matters.  If you think this way then we may be the right guild for you.
      Recruiting
      DPS and healer
      Raid Schedule
      We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 23:30-02:00
      Progress
      EN-Normal 7/7 Heroic 6/7
      Our Expectations for Raiders
      Be at the raid entrance 15 minutes prior to start time when invites occur Attend at least 2/3 raids per week Have fully gemmed, enchanted, and repaired gear~have an in-depth knowledge of your class Regularly read the guild forums, read up/watch videos on boss tactics before the raid Have food, flasks and potions with you Have a headset and be able to not only listen but speak English. Applications
      When applying to Lunae remember that our only insight into who you are is based on what you write on the application form.  Please be thorough.  If accepted you will be considered a trial raider for a couple of weeks so the guild may evaluate your suitability for Lunae.  Apply at: http://lunae.enjin.com
      If you would like to have more information about Lunae please leave a message or contact Adelynd#1667 in-game.
    • By Karmageddon
      Hey all. Last week I was asked to tank my guild's HC progression on Ursoc and Renferal right as I logged in. I felt I did decent for not tanking on a DK in a couple of years. I made talent and some minor affordable enchant/gem changes on the fly. However, tonight, I dropped the ball immensely. Not everything was my fault, dropped green stuffs and squished bugs on the bridge, etc.

The main change that I did tonight was after pulling the boss I would open with DRW to pop up my BS and such to be less spiky at the pull. And I think that's where I went wrong. I do realize that I was late on a couple of Def CDs. The biggest thing that's bothering is that I feel my BS was just burned through pretty damn quick and I found myself Rune and RP starved, a lot as compared to last week.

The following are the last weeks kill and this week's pull/wipes. If you don't mind, critique my performance so I'm better able to fix/figure out my pull and not feel like I was bumbling mess tonight as compared to last week.

Armory:
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Karmadecay/simple

Nov 2, 2016:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JvXbZV9T2BHkFN7x#type=auras&source=15&fight=14

Nov 9, 2016:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/86fpaNBFtQACjbVL/#type=auras&source=2

Thanks
      ~KaRmA