Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Blood Tanking Malkorok HC

10 posts in this topic

Heyas community!

My guild is currently progressing through Malkorok HC and I intend to try out my luck solotanking the 2nd phase. So now I'm looking for advice/recommendation/experience on rotating cooldowns for that phase. I have Rook's Talisman, but I'm missing Vial of Living Corruption.

I have access to my own CDs (duh) and for externals I'll always have Vigilance available and in most cases also Ironbark.

Currently I'm thinkin for the first Bloodrage IBF -> Rooks talisman + Bone Shield

Not having the Vial, my IBF would be on CD for the next one, so for that one Rook's Talisman + Boneshield -> Vigilance + Ironbark + Army of the dead.

Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.

Edited by Ceraius

You can also work in Vampiric Blood into both of them, armor potion once, and depending on your raid comp other options could be Pain suppression from a disc priest and Might of Ursoc if there's a druid that can give you symbiosis (normally I would say its the most useless symbiosis, but in this situation every little bit counts).

It's hard for a DK though. We lost our pally tank so we were talking about me solo'ing the blood rage next week, but I tried it out in Flex over the weekend and got wrecked. It'll be interesting to see what we can pull off in heroic.

Mmyeah, as VB isn't damage reduction per say so I thought I'd keep it as a "wild card" for when things go hairy. Or right at the beginning for easier phase transition. 

Also does armor potion work? I was under the assumption that the P2 damage ignores armor.

As for DKs doing it, I'm a little scared of it myself, but I have a source who assures their guild does it with a DK tank.

I am the source, and I obviously forgot to ask our DK how he does it. (kick me for being noob)

We are doing 10-mans on HC, he's viable. wink.png Asking him on fb atm, I'll edit the post when my question gets answered.

Szensa the Source!

Title ples

Deh answer:

First off: Have 12 Bone Shield on start (I think that means you should have 6 up and 6 ready to use). He has the Vial of Living corruption on which means his CD's, but Army of the Dead are up for both Blood Rages phases.

His CD rotation is the following:

1.) Pop Dancing Rune Weapon + start channeling Army of the Dead

2.) Icebound Fortitude

3.) Rook's Unlucky Talisman

4.) If the trinket falls off before the phase ends, Vampiric Blood + Death Strike on swing timer = omfghigh Blood Shields

He also said he can also do it without any CD's, only Blood Shield (and maybe Bone Shield), but I'd recommend to play it safe. :P

My thoughts

Its obvious, but I'll still write it down: Have no Fatal Strike stacks when solotanking Blood Rage. :P
How to: Start tanking Malkorok, have your co-tank taunt him off at 9-12 stacks, than keep taunting every 15 stacks. This will result in you having 0 stacks and your co-tank 15-20 Stacks of Fatal Strike (depends on how hard you have failed at taunting.... :P) He/she will need to move behind Malkorok, even out of his melee range if any melee DD gets debuffed. Repeat.

If you have 2 Blood Rage phases, I'd say to use the Army only on the second one, since it hits 25% harder. I know our DK doesn't use any Externals to tank it, but if you feel squishy, do not be afraid to ask for some.

Here is his Armory link:

I hope we halp'd, have fun tanking (I envy you all...)!

Edited by Szensa

Thankyou. I'll probably play it safe and ask for externals at certains points at least the first few times and then start pushing my limits.

Much appreciated mr. Source. :D

Ok, so 10m HC it should be really easy for a DK to solo the blood rage. I was thinking of it from a 25 HC perspective and that is borderline impossible for a dk, but I checked the fight info last night, and it's 6.8mil dmg in 25 vs 2.7mil in 10. I can almost live through the 6.8mil popping everything I have, so in 10m it probably only tickles with a good cd rotation.

I hope I'll find out tonight. Its progress night! :D

Yeah, as I've said, we are doing 10-mans at the moment. Anyone (tank) who is doing 10H should be able to survive that kind of damage, DK's and Monks pretty easily, not sure about others, but every tank has its own tools.
In 25-mans, well.... I'd make a Monk tank it.