FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Hexos

Guest ShanknGank

For rogues: Like the article says, Cheat Death virtually gives you a second shot at this. There isn't much class specific advice to give- just use your normal rotation. It took me a total of 2 hours to get him down. Don't get angry, takes breaks, and don't give up!

Guest Wayne

Another trick you can do on this fight for practice purposes only is to use the voodoo shrinka from the battlefield barrens event,it bugs out the fight and enables you to practice the fight without dying,dont think you can do this to beat the boss however as your stats fit your new stature and are drastically dropped,but still hope this helps people train for it.

Guest Therealdeal-Eonar

I also found a bug after a few days of failing on this. I am a Ret Pally. I was wearing the Legendary Melee DPS cloak which procs about 3 times a minute. This proc causes my charachter to do a 3 second rapid "Slice and Dice" ability. This mechanic was causing my charachter to shift from side to side about 40 degrees each way, in turn causing Hexos to move with my body. Virually IMPOSSIBLE to complete this with that cloak on as Hexos looks like he is lag jumping side to side. Find a good replacement cloak and use that. I am having better luck now.

Holy crap. Alright this is the most difficult challenge I've face in WoW ever.

Here's the plan: aim your camera directly down at the floor and scroll out as far back as you need to see the pink hexagon lasers as they spawn.

I'd recommend modifying your UI for this fight (seriously) in order to have very simple, minimalistic reminders of your rotation. Turn enemy nameplates off. It gets directly in the way of what you're looking at.

Basically you're constantly looking for gaps in the hexagon laser maze to aim yourself to face.

You'll find the maze alternates patterns often and there is a quiet period where you don't really have to move all that much, or you have a 1sec gap where nothing needs avoiding, use these gaps to bring your mouse back to the center of your mouse pad.

I completed it as a Rogue using Assassination spec due to the simplicity of the rotation. I had power auras set up as small timers very close to my character showing me my Rupture and Slice and Dice durations.

Plan ahead, watch where the lasers spawn and track the gaps and take them as the come.

Once he dies you still have to avoid all the lasers that have spawned, so do not stop rotating until you've cleared them all.

TLDR:

1. Aim your camera directly above your character looking down
  2. Watch the lasers as they spawn and track the gaps  <- Most important
  3. Disable enemy nameplates  <- Also extremely important
  4. Modify your UI to keep track of your rotation easily

Good luck. Attached is a screenshot of the timers on my UI tracking Rupture and Slice and Dice.

k753.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Dad

I died and died to this but finally I had my son do my rotation while I did the mouse turning.

Children: not just for farming ore anymore...

Guest Calibanz

I died and died to this but finally I had my son do my rotation while I did the mouse turning.

Children: not just for farming ore anymore...

Hahahaaha! I m dying

Guest Kalibelf

Well... Reading all these comments made me feel just a little bit better about myself. After getting (privately) offended by random players, saying I was a retarded dumb**s f*** etc etc etc after loosing countless battles in the Arena, I now know more people are having trouble with Hexos. It is a major pain in the a** and I shall conquer it! Thanks a lot for all the tips wink.png

Guest Ekire_Cenarius

Any ret pali's with some spell/rotation advice?  I can only seem to pull off 60k or so dps during this with an ilvl 543.

Thanks.

Guest Gobenstein

This is the easiest way to do Hexos and CHEAT THE SYSTEM!!!! I got my wife to help me out by giving her the keyboard to dps while I simply moved the mouse around ROFLMAO I 1 shot it so easy.... So just get a friend to dps while you move the mouse to stay in the maze also helps to turn up the speed of your mouse. =D=D=D

Guest alisi

I found as a BM hunter, the thing that I was worried about the most was getting my pet damage and that was really ruining me so the best thing I could do was not worry about the pet. I did pop a potion when it started but started in with arcane shot/cobra for a couple initial hits. This helped me make absolute certain I kept the aggro off my pet and let me get into the rhythm of it. Then I did the endless wraith with kill command and stampede.

Just give yourself the first 10 or 20 seconds to get into the rhythm of the maze while doing basic attack. That's the best thing you can do. You've got 2 minutes and it doesn't have high HP.

Guest Guest

Sounds a bit stupid, but also get some good music, get into the rhythm. My first tries were around 2000k, and as soon as i started with music, i did 8000-9000k , then only a few more tries. I gave this advice too a friend, he needed only 10 tries to succeed. Also think about Cheat Death for Rogue, Cauterize for Mage, and any kind of shield/self heal you can get, it can give you one more chance to complete the challenge. (I did this with 815K as Warlock, with GoSaC, and used a couple of embers to go back full life, since rays didn't one shotted me.