Amajed

Ruinblaster Shotgun vs Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth ?

9 posts in this topic

Bow is better. Sadly I don't have either of those, my luck with ranged wepon rolls is poorer than poor.

2 people like this

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

You are completely discounting the extra 7k dmg that procs with the bow.

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

While you are correct in your comparison, the bow produces better DPS in most (perhaps all?) simulation tools. As this is Hunter-specific, I recommend www.femaledwarf.com. As Alierya points out, the proc is also a factor.

1 person likes this

You are completely discounting the extra 7k dmg that procs with the bow.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

You are spot on about simulators not properly mimicking all factors of a fight. For this reason, we generally don't favour them in our guides, and don't put too much stock in their results.

In this case, however, movement and all other factors play no part in the comparison between these weapons. Oh and, from the tests I ran, the DPS difference is about 200 DPS, give or take. That's about 0.5% of top-geared hunters' DPS, so not a very big difference :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Midrange Beast Hunter Standard Deck.
    • By gungas
      so im trying to figure out what im doing wrong dps wise im doing the best to the rotation from icy veins as i can and i just seem to top out on dps at about 230k i feel like i should be doing more then that, any advice on rotation or talents or anything would be greatly appreciated, i have the logs from one of my guilds latests runs also. i am kraylune on emerald dream. if you wanna see my armory.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WDrgTZ8xY2z64nQy/#fight=5&type=damage-done&source=50
    • By Cabony
      Our guild <Do it For Practice> is looking for a possible merge. We have been clearing content since release but hit a roadblock lately. We easily have the capacity to clear hard content, but we are just lacking a serious amount of players. This leads to other players leaving because of lack of players and the vicious cycle continues.
      The people in our guild are all extremely friendly and willing to help each other out. This is what kept our guild alive for this long, the base core is really strong. Having to pug players for mythic raids has just become a real big issue because it leads to a lot of time lost while all we want to do is just progress through hard content.
      Currently we are basically in need of a big amount of dps players, could make room for a tank and some healers if necessary.  The people we do have are all extremely geared. The average item level of our raiders is 880.
      The only way I see this problem solved is by simply merging with another guild that is experiencing the same kind of issues.
      We are an 18+ guild, most of us are 20+.
      We are open to many ideas, just talk to me about it.
      Prefer if you add me on real id, Matthijs #2267 or otherwise in-game, Cabony.
      Thank you for reading.
    • By Cabony
      Hello guys, Do it For Practice is recruiting on Stormscale EU, Horde side.
      We killed Nythendra, Ursoc and Elrethe on mythic and trials of valor heroic odyn and guarm.  Our next goals are the dragons and eye mythic.
      The current raiding days are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-11 server time. Besides normal raids we also have regular mythic+ groups going.
      The age requirement is 18+. Most of us are 20+ currently, I am 26 myself.
      We use the RC Lootcouncil addon for our loot distribution, so we can gear our players as well as possible and let the least amount of loot go to waste. We strive by the philosophy of making the entire guild stronger as a whole, not just some players. This is so we can have the strongest group possible to continue progressing trough mythic content.
      I am sure the players we currently have are more than capable of clearing most mythic content currently out. We just need some more players to help us in achieving our goals.
      We are currently looking for some dps in the form of, but not limited to: Shadow Priests, A Hunter,  WW Monk, Warlock or Warrior. Having more than one playable spec is extremely valuable here!
      Please be at least 865+ before you apply, we are past the point of progressing trough easy content. You need to be able to hold your own. However we do have a social rank, if your friends wish to join us as well!
      Interested?
      Add Matthijs#2267, IGN = Cabony
    • By maviebris
      Hey everyone. I'm worried that my time invested in BM is for not. However, with the changes coming to MM, my thoughts are that BM may still be a viable raiding spec. I enjoy BM because of its freedom of movement.  A dead hunter does no damage, and that my motto. With that being said, I want to be sure I'm maximising my damage output. I'm currently waiting on some drops, namely trinkets, which I've been incredibly unlucky with, but other than that, I'm geming for mastery, and enchanting agi where needed. Currently, in raids, with flasks and potions, I've been ranging in dps from about 265-310, depending on the fight.  Given my gear, I feel like I should be doing more. I'm unsure if I'm hitting a ceiling with BM, or if it is something I'm doing wrong. I've been following the standard rotation posted on icy-veins, and even under normalized conditions on training dummies (no flasks etc...), under 2-3 min rotations, I've been peaking at around 270k dps. Any thoughts on this?

Here is a link to my armory. 
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Maviebris/simple