Amajed

Ruinblaster Shotgun vs Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth ?

9 posts in this topic

Bow is better. Sadly I don't have either of those, my luck with ranged wepon rolls is poorer than poor.

2 people like this

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

You are completely discounting the extra 7k dmg that procs with the bow.

I have a couple of concerns with this..

RuinBlaster Shotgun is the same speed as the Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth so that makes them the same, but the gun has higher top end damage at 3464 vs 3246, 10 more agility, 107 crit, which after Agility and dps of our weapon is the next best stat for Hunters. If you are a troll, the bow will give you 1% crit, that the gun doesn't but, the gun does 888.2 dps vs 832.1 for the bow.

So after all that, at least when comparing the LFR the gun is by far superior, and will produce higher average dps.

While you are correct in your comparison, the bow produces better DPS in most (perhaps all?) simulation tools. As this is Hunter-specific, I recommend www.femaledwarf.com. As Alierya points out, the proc is also a factor.

1 person likes this

You are completely discounting the extra 7k dmg that procs with the bow.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

I am not discounting the proc, just that the biggest dps upgrade a hunter can get is his weapon, slower harder hitting. The gun IMO is better in this scenerio. Simulators are great but they don't account for all the factors of a fight, movement etc., I don't rely on them to that degree.. I was simply stating that based upon my experience, and the dps provided by each weapon, that even with the proc, the gun will win out.

You are spot on about simulators not properly mimicking all factors of a fight. For this reason, we generally don't favour them in our guides, and don't put too much stock in their results.

In this case, however, movement and all other factors play no part in the comparison between these weapons. Oh and, from the tests I ran, the DPS difference is about 200 DPS, give or take. That's about 0.5% of top-geared hunters' DPS, so not a very big difference :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now