FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wubbs

Any way to improve Fury Warrior DPS?

Hey just letting you know that I saw your post, but I'm about to head to bed. I'll look at it first thing tomorrow.

-rage

Gear looks fine, though if you can get your good offpieces for the chest/legs, it should be a small dps increase.

Looking at the logs (basing myself on malkorok, since it's the most target-dummy-like fight from the logs you've given me), you seem to be casting BT not quite enough. You have 33 uses for this fight out of a possibility of 49. Since the fight is purely single target, there is almost no reason to delay a BT, and that number should be much closer to 40.

In the same line of ideas, you have 34 recorded Raging Blow procs, and you cast it 30 times. You might end up wasting 1-2 charges during execute range, but ideally you want to get a close as you can to never wasting a RB charge.

Also related to an optimal skill usage, you used CS 9 times out of a possibility of 11. Wasting 1 use due to the timing of the fight, on a fight that long would be understandable, but you wasted at least 1 full 6 seconds of CS, and that is a big DPS loss. Related to that, I see that you used Stormbolt only 6 times during that fight. You have the EEoG trinket, there is no reason that your amount of SB uses would be different from your amount of CS uses. Make sure that SB is always the first spell you cast inside of every CS window.

Finally, your cooldown usage feels a bit off. You didn't prepot, but you used your potion ~20 seconds into the fight during your 2nd CS. By doing this you're wasting 1 full potion usage. You also delayed all your cooldowns for your 2nd CS, which you shouldn't do. If another warrior in your group is casting his Banner before yours, you should still pop all your cooldowns for your first CS, since you benefit from his banner anyway, and save only your Banner for your 2nd CS.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask,

-rage

I'm using a 561 Greatsword of Pride's Fall, should i be using another 561 Greatsword of Pride's Fall or my 548 Xal'atoh, Descerated Image of Gorehowl for my 2nd weapon? 

The other 561. Weapon damage is by far the best stat for warriors :) I can't really think of any case where a lower ilvl weapon would be better.