FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

Have some questions about my lock

Ok, as I've started to play more on my warlock, I've figured out that I have some doubts about certain things.

• I can't really decide when to use my pet, or when to sacrifice. I'm usually (well, always) going with GoSac.
  • I'm not using any kind of addon or AskMrRobot for reforging/gemming. Just trying to balance my stats, to maximize my output. Hovewer, if you find anything wrong, please tell me.
  • When I have a trinket proc, let's say I have 1 second remaining from the Bindings, if I start casting Chaos Bolt, will it launch with the proc? Or it has to be still up while the cast finished?
  • I'm usually doing around 200k DPS on single target. My max was 219k on Ji-Kun few hours ago in LFR (Farmin' dem Secrets). Do you think I could do more with this gear? If so, I'll post logs on Tuesday.

Well, I think that's all for now, any help is appreciated.

Here is my armory

o/

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/page-1

You're ignoring the chance to gain mastery on a lot of your items. Using reforgelite would help with this a lot or if you really want to do it by hand then you need to make sure that you have mastery, either from base stats or from reforging, on every item you can have it on and still meet hit cap.

The proc needs to be up when you FINISH the cast. So if your proc has 1 second on it and your cast time is .9 seconds or more then you won't get the proc.

You have a KTT. There is no situation that you should NOT be running GoSac.

"My DPS is XXX, am I doing good?" is a useless question. DPS will swing from fight to fight, comp to comp, raid to raid, if you want to know if your DPS is about where it should be from a XXX skilled level player then we need to see logs. There is no way that we can look at your armory and tell you. We're not a magic 8 ball.

• Like 1

Thanks, I've downloaded ReforgeLite and it seems awesome. Also I will make WoL work so I can analyze my DPS and maybe I will post it if I'm not satisfied with it :P

On pure ST-fights with little movement you can do a little more dmg.

I know some people don't like using reforgelite or AMR, but these tools are really really good, if you know how to use them. Yes you can calculate your best reforge by hand, but this is really one of these unnecessary things. Why should you spend hours shifting numbers, if you can do this in 2 seconds...at least if you really want the max possible stats of your choice. f.e. you lose 5% mastery with your reforge.