FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bermy

Having a hard time with Garrosh Normal

We have a pretty good raid group.  We basically one shot our way to Garrosh during our raid week but for the last 3 weeks we have had endless Garrosh wipes.  We just cannot get him down.  We are lucky we get to phase 3 most the time.  We have days of wipes at this point on this fight.  The problem is that Im not really familiar with other classes and what they should be doing when on this fight and why they are failing or dying.  Im wondering if anyone could take a look at our logs and offer any suggestions?

It seems like we have a hard time keeping players up when we start getting empowered whirling corruptions even though most seem to know to move out of the swirls and we don't seem to do too bad at killing the adds timely.  Everything seems to fall apart pretty consistently at that point though.  We have our range move out for weapons and we all stack on Garrosh for mind controls then we all go back out far for whirling.  Our best attempt was one lucky try 2 weeks ago to 4%.  I just dont even know what to fix any longer.  Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi there Bermy,

I see that you have also got a post in the wow forums so i wont try to double up.

Most of the input there is correct. Some of your dps are a little low and not properly using defensives.

Your strategy sounds fine and is the same as my guild did however i feel if the group doesnt have high dps then 2 healing is a must. Save hero for the very last transistion when he powers up. Kill the first wave of adds from the empowered corruption then on the second ignore the adds and burn the boss. The small adds dont hit very hard at all provided they dont get buffed from one dying. Using this you should only get the 2 empowered whirlings before the boss dies.

The single biggest wipe causer imo is the MC's in the final phase because your dps are not ready for the increased health pools of the MC's.

Once you have this drilled in then you will have the fight on farm in no time :)

Bermy, your DPS needs to come up big time buddy.  I'm seeing 11 minute long fights with 3 uses of Havoc.  You should at the very least be using it every single time a Desecrated Weapon spawns.  On the same fight you have 75% uptime on Rain of Fire.  Why?  It should only be used in AoE situations or if you have an absurd amount of Haste effects up to ensure that you get as many Embers as possible.  Your average Chaos Bolt damage is also extremely low.  I realize your trinkets are subpar, so I hope you're running Flex and LFR every week to ensure you grab a PBI.  That trinket is huge and it's from the first boss.  I'm not sure how old your character is, so I can't comment on that.  Just get it.  biggrin.png

Your DPS at the start should be astronomical.  With F&B Immolate and RoF ticking you should have limitless Embers with which to spam Chaos Bolts.  You don't appear to be applying Immolate though, which hurts you big time.  Some attempts you don't have any damage done on the adds in P1 except for your cloak.  You are severely limiting your Ember generation.  Your tanks are often doing more damage to the adds *and* to Garrosh in P1, and that just isn't acceptable if you want to get Garrosh in the face plant position.

It's hard to tell from the logs, but are you guys blowing up the MC's ASAP?  I feel like not every DPS is participating in that.  You need to make sure that's a priority.

If you have questions about Destruction feel free to hop over to the Warlock forums or send me a PM.  I'd be happy to help you out.  You can definitely be a *much* larger factor on your raid team than you currently are.

If you haveing DPS problems you can try not moving in and out for weapons after first phase. just drop them around the room neatly and stay out for MC's.  basically just layering teh weapoons.. that way you can puut more dps on the boss.  }(this only works if everyone is aware to take care of interupps.  Range on range mellee on melle/ those in melleee. and if someone can change targetsand dpos a second person Mc'd then it's taking too long.

Also to go off the last comment about the rain of fire...75% 75 bleeping %.  he is lucky he is not in our raid.  That gets ones loot disenchanted =).

After teh first wave of adds there really aside from cape procs should be no add damage.  everything afterfirst wave should be 100% boss.  Let teh stars kill the adds then focus downteh wolf and interuppt his 1 heal and then back on the boss.  On empowered whirling tell DPS to stop if you have to and grab their add.