FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Amajed

Is it OK for me to switch to Aff with my current gear ?

Hi Posted Image

I was wondering if its OK for me to switch to Aff with my current gear:

http://eu.battle.net...edlock/advanced

as you can see I have a lot of Mastery items.

I'll be doing reforge based on the guide here , but will it be enough ?

I like the Aff style better so I wanted to make sure will my current gear serve me well or is it too soon ?

thank you

You can always switch to Affliction if you want to. There is a wonderful tool I use called wowreforge. This lets you play any spec and reforge optimally through pre-designated stat weights. I'm a big advocate of Demonology, but because I'm bored, I'm currently playing Affliction/Destruction. Having Mastery on your gear isn't an issue, because you've gotta get your Hit rating from somewhere. Head on over to www.wowreforge.com and find your character. Don't modify any of the stat weights and click the Optimize button on the bottom left corner of the page. Follow what it recommends without question and enjoy being 100% optimized.

I know you were asking about Demonology trinkets before...for Affliction trinkets, you want Cunning of the Cruel without question. You also want to keep Will of Unbinding on. You should be fine with those two.

• Like 2

Thank you so much Zagam :) I use wowreforege all the time , but since the reforging is capped to 40% of the stats that I'm reforging I was worried that I have extra Mastery that will make Aff not dealing the damage that it suppose to be.

in the other hand , if Haste is the best Aff stats, why is inv_misc_coin_09.jpgCunning of the Cruel is so much better than inv_bijou_purple.jpgInsignia of the Corrupted Mind

even tho I hope I can get my hands on one of these someday :P

thanks ;)

i also like reforgenator for in game reforgeing.

As for switching to Affliction spec if your not into hard core raiding with min/maxing then raid in whatever spec u enjoy most w/o hurting your grp.

i mean what good is running destro( for example) if your not comfortable with its rotation,as long as you can compete and have good raid awareness which i feel is far more important then raid in whatever spec you enjoy most

well I enjoy the highest dps spec , which spec that will give me the highest damage in most of DS fights ?

sometimes I think I should have Aff as MS and Destro for OS , both use almost the same reforge , so I only need to switch spec for each boss that suite the better spec

but I'm afraid that Demo is better that Aff so far , this is why I'm not so sure yet :/

Thank you so much Zagam Posted Image I use wowreforege all the time , but since the reforging is capped to 40% of the stats that I'm reforging I was worried that I have extra Mastery that will make Aff not dealing the damage that it suppose to be.

in the other hand , if Haste is the best Aff stats, why is inv_misc_coin_09.jpgCunning of the Cruel is so much better than inv_bijou_purple.jpgInsignia of the Corrupted Mind

even tho I hope I can get my hands on one of these someday Posted Image

thanks Posted Image

The reason that Cunning is so amazing is that when you pick Affliction as your specialization, you receive a 30% damage bonus to your Shadow spells. Because Cunning deals Shadow damage, it gets buffed by 30% which is why Cunning belongs on a Demo or Affliction Warlock before anyone else in terms of optimization for your group. Cunning also does a very high amount of damage as a passive proc both in single targets and AoE type fights. Insignia's 3k haste proc will not benefit you as much as you think due to diminishing returns and its uncontrollable proc. You also have a long internal CD on the buff (I think 75 seconds) so it falls behind in terms of procs. To give you an idea, here are some logs from my parses...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/got0qo5uen9nihwn/details/0/?s=107&e=379 = Cunning on a Demonology Warlock on H Ultraxion. Not my best parse, but you can see that Cunning triggered almost 500k extra damage from a passive proc. I think I did 40k here overall.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/359i4s912ww3rsaa/details/3/?s=681&e=963 = Cunning on a Demonology Warlock on H Yor'sahj. I did 45k DPS overall here but the astonishing thing is that Cunning's Shadowbolt Volley was my 2nd highest damaging attack resulting in nearly an extra 1,000,000 damage (980,098 to be exact). This parse included 2 Black oozes resulting in AoE-centered damage rankings.

You can go look through any of my logs to see some damaging results. I will admit, the nerf to Dragon Soul has me playing at a much more relaxed pace where I don't min/max, so some of my DPS numbers have fallen down. (I did 55k to H Ultraxion pre-nerf but barely cap over 40k now that I don't need to try hard to beat the enrage) However, this week I will push some hard-fought parses out on each of the fights so that you can better see the impact of why Cunning is amazing and why Insignia shouldn't be used by us Warlocks unless Cunning has eluded you.

Also to mention: I'm still using the regular Cunning since in about 35 weeks the Heroic version won't drop for me =(

• Like 1