Icepick

Considering a new UI (ElvUI)

4 posts in this topic

I've been searching for info on ElvUi recently. There is lots of set up videos and indepth info on specific stuff but i'm looking for general info.

Is this something you can try on only one toon for testing . Will All my favourite addons work. Can you turn it off if you don't like it ? stuff like that. Anyone with some experiance with it, either good or bad ?

I've been searching for info on ElvUi recently. There is lots of set up videos and indepth info on specific stuff but i'm looking for general info.

Is this something you can try on only one toon for testing . Will All my favourite addons work. Can you turn it off if you don't like it ? stuff like that. Anyone with some experiance with it, either good or bad ?

1. Yeah, just uncheck it from the addon list for all of the characters but the one you want to test it on. Added bonus, if you find you like it on that one character Elv has the option to copy those setting to your other characters.

2. It plays nice with all my favorite addons though it did replace some of them.

3. If you don't like it you can always erase it and it shouldn't impact your old UI.

To add on to whatever Sawzorthn said, in case some Elvui setting has a conflict with any of your existing add-ons, I have seen it warn you about it and give an option for choosing either one of them. I ran into that issue when I started using Tidy Plates and it had a conflict with Elvui's nameplates. With recent updates to Elvui, I have gone back to only using that even for gauging threat.

Thank you , that's the sort of info. i'm looking for. I've gotten used to my addons that do what I need and show me what i want to see. I just want to organize them better so i only see what i need when i need it.  I love my POSTAL, My ALTOHOLIC, Recount, and my Overachiever. Although its got it's quirks in places i still like my Carbonite. And rely on my titan panel to keep things right in front of me.

Any tips are welcome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pandacho
      I'm creating this stand alone thread with my UI so it would be easier to maintain and update the strings here, rather than in two different guides that already grew too big for easy updates.
      My UI looks like this:

All the frames except of the raid ones are ElvUI, raid frames are Vuhdo.
      The shaman hub in the middle is Sweetsour's Shaman Auras.
      ElvUI profile:
      Pastebin

Please read carefully before importing VuhDo profiles:
      VuhDo profiles do not contain custom bouquets so to use my bouquets you will have to import them to VuhDo before importing my profile.
      If you will not import custom bouquets, you will get an error message about them missing.
      If you don't need my bouquets but only a general layout, you can choose other options instead of them in VuhDo configuration in game.

Custom bouquets:
      Paladin Beacon
      Personal CDs
      Raid Cooldowns
      Single_targ_mitigation

VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Shaman (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Shaman Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

VuhDo profile Resto Druid (20-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo profile Resto Druid (5-man):
      Pastebin
      VuhDo Resto Druid Key Layouts:
      Pastebin

UI video 5-man:

UI video raid:

• By Tahita
      Hello all,
      I'm trying too improve my playing and are reading through your site. Now I found this part

I'm using an old Razer Naga and configured it vastly different, but I don't know, if I have all the features ElvUI would give me. As it would take me a looong time finding this out, I  would like to ask if somebody can advise me what to do. I suppose, that I have to replace the addon which comes with Razer Naga.
    • By Jorno
      Good morning Icy Veins,
      I've been watching some videos to improve my UI from a resto druid perspective. I found this video from Method vs Xavius from the POV of their holy paladin. This video shows a lot of different addons, but i'm mainly curious about the addon which is used for the raid frames and on click healing.
      My assuption this is Vudho or Healbot in combination with Elvui?, but i would like to have your feedback. This friday i'll be starting to set up my UI so any help you guys can provide me would be perfect.
      My main goal is to have a almost standard single player UI, but a more slick and healer friendly UI for mythic + and Raiding.
      Thank you :)
      PS. If you have any video's/screens of your own UI (resto druid prefered)  i'm happy to copy it over ;)

• By Starym
      You can never trust a blue dragon, but now you can at least report them! Is this why they are being wiped out in Azsuna?!

Ah, blue dragons, so majestic, so magical, so... reported for their name or cheating?! In the "weird things that are weird in Legion" category of news, redditor Psytrite shared how during the Arcane Mage artifact quest, as Azuregos joins your party you can actually report him for cheating or his name. Is THIS why the blue dragonflight is  being wiped out in Azsuna, Blizzard banning then after too many reports?!

Now, this isn't racist towards blue dragons, as you can actually report a lot of NPCs that join your party in the various Legion quest lines, including Prophet Velen.

Meanwhile you can check out our Arcane Mage guide to make sure you never need Azuregos' help and can calmly report him until he's kicked from your party, or you can check out the artifact overview for mages, going into the lore story behind it.
    • By Adabella
      I've tanked off and on (mostly just leveling/heroic dungeons) for years. I'm pretty familiar with how tanks and specific classes work, but I'm looking for more general info here. I'd like to get into tanking end-game content but I don't think I'm quite there yet. I've been watching videos on general raid tanking (movement, awareness, etc.) and I always read/watch fight guides, but I feel like there are more general things I could do to improve.

What are the most important things for me to be able to see when tanking raids? I know I would need to be able to see the other tank's stacks/debuffs, as well as boss frames with a cast bar, but is there anything else I really need to view? I use DBM so spell timers, etc. are included in that, ElvUI for my UI which keeps it pretty clean, and I use WeakAuras to show CDs and other info pertinent to my class (Stagger for monks, Resolve, and so on).

What keybinds do you typically use for tanking? I'm used to using 1 to 0, -, and = (I have a Naga mouse so it's 1-12 for me), then the same keys with shift or alt modifiers. Ctrl seems to be a little hard for me to reach comfortably. Note: A & D are unbound for me; I use W, S, Q, E and my mouse for movement. I typically would use Shift+1, Shift+2 for ST/AoE taunts, but I'm wondering if there's maybe a better keybind to try out for those.

Thanks for any help