FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vishvarupa

Resto alt ques?

Not looking for anything specfic. This is an alt but still want to make sure i am doing the most i can.  obviously undergeared.  i don't have any logs to show.  i used to raid on my shammy back in BC but he has been shelved since then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thunderlord/Foshren/advanced

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hi Vishvarupa, and welcome to the Shaman section!

First off, you have some missing gems and enchantments - filling those slots should improve you straight away.

You're right, your Shaman does have low ilvl, but with good reforging you could definitely improve his performance. Firstly, I'm going to recommend the following stat priority to you;

1. Intellect
  2. Haste to 3039 (the 12.5% Haste breakpoint for Earthliving)
  3. Spirit
  4. Crit
  5. Mastery
  6. Haste beyond 3039

I also recommend that you drop your talent Ancestral Swiftness and pick up either of the other two in that tier. Here's why; the passive Haste that AS is giving you is making it hard for you to reforge to that 12.5% breakpoint, but you don't really have enough stats to make going to the 25% breakpoint feasible. Instead, drop the talent and reforge into Haste until you hit the breakpoint. You can use Elemental Mastery to increase your burst during Ascendance (you can macro it in really simply), or save mana with Echo of the Elements. Of the three, EotE is weaker but easier to use.

At your gear level, I recommend Crit and Spirit so that you can burst when you need to without worrying too much about mana. Shaman tend to need a lot more Spirit than other classes, so you might not be used to that. I tend to run near 13k for Heroic mode progress, and that's with good trinkets and clever play! Crit has the benefit of being both a regen and a throughput stat, so it's awesome at your gear level.

You might want to swap your Glyph of Healing Wave for Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem to use him as a more regular cooldown. Healing Wave really isn't that awesome once you get past ilvl 495ish.

I hope that helps!

• Like 1

I'm glad we've helped you improve! :)

As a general rule, don't jump up in Haste until you have the Legendary Meta Gem and can reach 30% Haste.