FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam's Celestial Tournament Guide

Mr. Bigglesworth doesn't even come remotely close to soloing Yu'la.

You know, you have to level it up to level 25, right?

I, and I would say thousands of other people have already beaten Yu'la several times with Mr Bigglesworth only.

Mr. Bigglesworth doesn't even come remotely close to soloing Yu'la.

Sure does.  Tested it many times.  It is a VERY proven, easy strategy used to defeat the green dragon.

• Like 1

Hi , thanks for guide great help. Was wondering if you are going to update it for prepatch after they nerf spells like the howl bomb?

1 hour ago, Redbear said:

Hi , thanks for guide great help. Was wondering if you are going to update it for prepatch after they nerf spells like the howl bomb?

This is something that we will try and look at - especially if there are new Legion pets that can help in any way :)

Right now it is @StrongStyle23 - I think both myself and Zagam will be trying to release new pet guides for Legion but we will be going through and checking current strategies as well when it is all live and all the changes confirmed!

For Chen Stormstout, Taran Tzu & Wraithion the strats above worked for me as of today, 1/8/16, prepatch ...  However, I use Mechanical Pandarian Dragon instead of Darkmoon Zeppelin for the battle with Chen Stormstout and I use Scourged Whelpling instead of Flayer Youngling in the battle with Wraithion, both mentioned as viable alternatives to the original battle pets named.

It was two of the celestials (ie those with the howl bomb combo) that I had to change...

For Chi Chi hatchling of Chi Ji I used the strait: (can be found here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72285/chi-chi-hatchling-of-chi-ji#comments and all credit of course goes to them)

Whether you have a Rapana Whelk, Rusty Snail, Shimmershell Snail, Silkbead Snail or Scooter the Snail does not matter, they all have the same abilities.

Maintain the inv_misc_slime_01.gif Acidic Goo debuff at all times and spam spell_shadow_fingerofdeath.gif Ooze Touch. 
Use inv_helmet_49.gif Dive during the third round when Chi-Chi goes ability_monk_forcesphere.gif Ethereal. Since Chi-Chi uses that ability on cooldown thereafter, you will not be able to use Dive each time, but each time you use it during her Ethereal, you save yourself about 500 health from the subsequent quills. Definitely do that.

I killed Chi-Chi with two snails, and had an Arcane Eye as a backup in case Chi-Chi needed to be finished, but he did not see combat.

Note that I tried using inv_shield_21.gif Shell Shield instead of inv_misc_slime_01.gif Acidic Goo, and got my behind handed to me. It is really important to maintain that debuff.

EDIT: if your two snails can't finish off Chi-Chi (it can happen with some bad rng), use an arcane eye to do the job:
use achievement_boss_cthun.gif Eyeblast on the first round, one time is enough to give you the initiative. Use inv_pet_sleepywilly.gif Interrupting Gaze for a free round and either spell_arcane_arcane03.gif Focused Beams or spell_priest_mindspike.gif Psychic Blast thereafter. You should not need to use that third ability more than once or twice. Chrominius would also be a great "finisher" with ability_shaman_freedomwolf.gif Howl and spell_arcane_invocation.gif Surge of Power. just don't throw your surge if Chi-Chi's ability_monk_forcesphere.gif Ethereal is off cooldown.

The combat rotation I now follow is this:

Round--- Ch-Chi----------My Pet

1. Tranquility---------Pass
  2. Fire Quills---------Acidic Goo
  3. Ethereal------------Dive, part 1
  4. Fire Quills---------Dive, part 2 (quills miss)
  5. Fire Quills---------Ooze touch
  6. Fire Quills---------Acidic Goo
  7. Ethereal-----------Swap to Snail #2
  8. Fire Quills---------Ooze touch
  9. Fire Quills---------Ooze touch
  10. Fire Quills---------Ooze touch - Dead Chi-Chi

And for Zao, Calfing of Niuza I used the strait: (can be found here: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72290/zao-calfling-of-niuzao#comments and all credit of course goes to them)

PWNed him with Skywisp Moth + Cogblade Raptor (also had Bombling, but didn't need him)

1. Reckless strile - 1st moth skill (just to do something)
2. Cocoon strike - 2nd moth skill (to survive)
3. Call lightning - 3rd moth skill (to kill)
4. Swap to raptor
5. Exposed Wounds
6. Batter until victory

Both straits were only tested once but surprisingly I found them quite solid with no fear really of my pets dying though I'm not sure if I just got good RNG on my part :)

I had a couple of issues:

With Goldbloom, and Trike, I noticed, I couldn't simply use supercharge and metal fist as he always interrupted me, so I switched the order and it seemed to work.

Terrible Turnip trick is the best as I could use it against the Cho.

The problem I'm having is the super combo.  My Water Spirit has either geyser or whirlpool.  Is this a change, or do I have to keep fighting him until I get that combo of abilities?

Edit:  Seems like they nerfed Water Spirit and so much of the guide is based on that combo.  Unfortunately, I am having zero luck with this guide to the point where I can't see it being RNG; some of it is missing the opponent's turns.  Even if my pets get wiped out in one round and I beat the guy with replacements, another tamer just beats all of my pets.

Edited by Festizio

On 28/06/2017 at 9:19 PM, Festizio said:

Edit:  Seems like they nerfed Water Spirit and so much of the guide is based on that combo.  Unfortunately, I am having zero luck with this guide to the point where I can't see it being RNG; some of it is missing the opponent's turns.  Even if my pets get wiped out in one round and I beat the guy with replacements, another tamer just beats all of my pets.

The combination of the updates in game and the inactivity of updating the guide does mean it is quite outdated now - I might unpin it and update it, or place a newer version in its place.

I can add it to the list of things I can update.  That guide was...oh man, two expansions ago.  Man does time fly.