FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzart

returning mage 2.0

Thank you for this forum everybody!! It's very nice to have a follow up on EJ with very good, trustable and usuable info&guides! Keep it up!

This game has changed, my mage is more fun to play! 28hours at lvl 90 and allready full epic geared and doing almost all the raids via looking for raid... Easy... (i raided every expansion since vanilla wow in the top guilds of my server and just came back after almost 2 years)

The forum and frost mage guide helped me in playing frost. I felt that arcane and fire are hard to play in a raid or dungeon when you have low gear. Frost increased my dps alot and plays smoother, more forgiving.

Now i am at 500ilvl, not fully unechanted, i try to keep up with my stats because my gear changes everyday and some enchant and gems are expensive to change every day.

My question to you readers:

1) What dps output did you have in a raid on a single target or what did you have single target on a dummy when around 490-500. I dont have tierpieces set bonusses. (my char = wizzart @ khadgar EU) I cant seem to link armory. I ask for average numbers, so i know that i'm going the right way smile.png I seem to be around 80-90k in looking for raid on a single target.

2) Why am I stuck at 300.000 mana ?

Thx for reading my post, hopefully have some nice answer. Thanks for being my new home for intel about the mage!!!

May your mana pools Always be full,

Kind regards,

Wizzart

Edited by Wizzart

1. According to sims (And these are just reference numbers as simcraft has a hard time being accurate with how many fights nowadays involve add mechanics) they have you at around 120k dps.  At your ilvls, I wouldn't worry too much about the actual numbers as much as I would just focus on the guides here and practicing what is recommended.  DPS goals almost always come down to knowing your priorities cold so that during fights, paying attention to your surroundings and dealing with stuff, you can still have optimal dps.

2.  All casters are fixed at 300k mana at lvl 90.

Cheers

• Like 1

I cannot add anything else, but I would like to thank you for the compliments! :)

Thank you both for the quick replies!

1) my simcraft states indeed 120k dps, but in looking for raid i'm between 80-90k dps... should i worry about something or is it normal on this lvl ?

2) thx for telling

grtz

wizz

At your ilvls, I wouldn't worry too much about the actual numbers as much as I would just focus on the guides here and practicing what is recommended.

Thank you both for the quick replies!

1) my simcraft states indeed 120k dps, but in looking for raid i'm between 80-90k dps... should i worry about something or is it normal on this lvl ?

Unless you are a robot and keep all of your up-times at 100% and use all your procs and abilities correctly, coming close to what simcraft says is impossible.  Just my opinion though.  I wouldn't worry too much,  90k sustained dps around 500ilvl sounds to me like it's on the top end of average.  Definitely good enough for LFR

@Oltier, yeah indeed i shouldnt worry about actuall numbers, but i'm just asking an average status.

@Billmitchell, thx for the headsup, now i know i'm not doing anything wrong.

I played this mage on high end raiding level in almost all the expansions. So i know how to play during most encounters.  

The thing is LFR doesnt give you anything which you can compare yourself with. Everybody has different gear, i mean in a guildraiding roster you can at least compare yourself with equally geared people and people from your own class and thus figure if you are doing something terribly wrong or good :-) 

Thanks for the help so far and the interest taken in the subject.

Kind regards

Wizz

• Like 1

After reading your post I now feel even more like a failure on my mage. She's 515 and not even pulling 60k.  To the point of deleting her and giving up. I have studied everything I can find and read to improve but no luck. 

After reading your post I now feel even more like a failure on my mage. She's 515 and not even pulling 60k.  To the point of deleting her and giving up. I have studied everything I can find and read to improve but no luck.

You can post your combatlogs in a new separate topic and we'd gladly have a look at it and help you out :)