FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
supon

Hey about enh shaman haste vs mastery

Hey I got question I been simcrafting my shaman and I went 50/50 mastery and haste, and it sim higher than just all mastery, by like 2-3k so why are all the enh shaman going pure mastery if making haste equal to mastery sims higher for single target fights?

Good question. When you have been simming, what settings have you been using? In addition, are you using Simcraft to produce stat weights?

Hey!! I been using mr robot stat weights; and I sim both I did the all mastery one and, then the haste/mastery 50/50] and I turn my simcraft on the most accurate setting and the 50/50 always came out more dps. sustain and burst so I feel that is the best way to go you can check out my enh shaman his name is supeno look him up on armory.

Edited by supon

So SImcraft can also produce stat weights for you for reforging, and this is how most people decide what to put into Ask Mr Robot. To do this, before you sim take a look at the "Scaling" tab under "Options". Tick boxes next to the stats you want it to produce weights for (I do Agility, AP, Expertise, Hit, Crit, Haste, Mastery, weapon DPS, and offhand DPS. Simcraft produces a table of values which represent how much DPS you gain (roughly) per point in each stat. A simple thing to do is to just put one row of these (the "non-normalized" row) into the relevant parts of Ask Mr Robot's Custom Stat Weights window. Then use AMR to reforge. This is about as good as you can get in terms of reforging.

Note that sims take a lot longer when you ask Simcraft to do this, as it has to run several sets of sims. It takes my PC about half an hour to finish crunching the numbers :)

Hey again, I went on and sim scale it and it showed the exact same thing as mr robot which was 3k dps lower than my own suggestions, and burst was a bit lower to so it seems my build was just better mastery haste equal.

Edited by supon

No, the point in getting the scaling values isn't to tell you what DPS you will be doing, but to tell you stat weights. If you start with the same build, you'll get the same DPS result but that isn't the important statistic when you generate stat weights.

I understand; all that stuff been playing my enh shaman for 5yrs, anyway I can see where this is going so I won't post on this site anymore. just gonna stir up mess ofcourse someone like you has a revered title aint gonna listen anyhow thanks a lot though for teaching me stuff I already knew was just trying to give advice to other shaman.

Edited by supon

We seem to be confusing each other here. I may have misunderstood; are you saying that you imported the custom stat weights from Simcraft into AMR, then reforged as shown on AMR, then re-simmed and came out with lower DPS?

Also 2-3k is a very small amount, around 1% on Heroic bosses, and it could still easily be a statistics quirk despite being on the highest accuracy setting. Do you have any screenshots of the results that we can take a look at? I'm afraid there isn't really enough detail in the thread so far to tell.

I know what you are asking. The reason most shamans are going this route is the nature of SoO encounters. Lots of them have lots of adds that you group up to AoE down.

Haste is better for single target encounters as you get more swings, more procs, etc... Mastery is superior for AoE fights cause your abilities are hitting harder. That's the best answer I found on the blizz forums and it makes perfect sense. So what I would do is have a couple trinks/a few extra pieces to swap in and out depending on the encounter. Hope that helps!

Edited by Seria
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Seria on this one. If you're say, doing progression on H Jugg or H Malkorok and want to help your guild out slightly, go for a Haste build so you can dish out a bit more single target. Equally if you were stuck on H Galakras, and so forth.