FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deamux

Pure Int gemming? & DPS issues

Hello guys

Some time ago i've seen a warlock gemming pure int and it seems to work for him.

Is this a known tactics? Does anyone of you have experience with this? I'm very tempted to try it :)

Also i'm a bit unsure about my dps. I'm pretty sure it is caused by my gameplay. I play destruction, and on some fights i'm not doing very well. I usually do good on fights as Iron Juggernaut and Sha of Pride etc. So basicly the 'easier' fights. I realize you guys can't help me without any logs, and for that reason i'll get logs of tonights raid. We are stuck on Garrosh, so big chance those will be the only logs from tonight. Anyway i'll upload them asap and I hope you guys can point out my mistakes. :)

Greetings! 

Top warlocks are all gemming defferent ways. some gem int/mastery, some expertise/mastery, and some pure int. the differences in gemming strategies are so minor, that it cannot really be measured. It comes down to what you are most comfortable with. If you are looking to improve your gameplay, please look over your logs and follow the advice on this post: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/ That will fix the most common warlock gameplay issues.

Before Zagam comes in... the biggest dps increases will come from proper play not stats. With that said I've never even heard of gemming straight int when mastery is worth so much to us.

Before Zagam comes in... the biggest dps increases will come from proper play not stats. With that said I've never even heard of gemming straight int when mastery is worth so much to us.

It's been done, not common but doable.

I gemmed pure crit one night for the lulz, dropped two top 20 ranks. Gemming and reforging don't matter all that much, there are "better" ways of doing it but it by no means makes it the "only" way to do it.