Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whammoftw

Assassination rogue gear/rotation/dps ratio! Confused.

3 posts in this topic

Hello, all.

I am a bit confused. First of all, let me say that I consider myself a competent player. Taking the time to look up guides and admiring the time and effort people put into websites like Icy-Veins.

That being said, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I hit 90 a few days ago and have been working on my rotation and gear ever since. I am of the assassination spec and am using proper rotation. However, I cannot break 60k DPS during LFR boss fights and such. I am iLvl 500, but have really, REALLY crap daggers. One is a 476 and the other is a 450. I am betting the gear is the problem, but I wanted to post here to get confirmation.

To be safe, I even downloaded a couple of addons that pretty much says "hey, press this button, now this one, now this one..." and it pretty much lines up with my rotation, so I don't think that's the problem.

I have Googled the problem, but all the information was 5.3 and below, and since I only hit 90 a few days ago, I have no idea what's changed. A friend of mine said that assassination is "gear dependent," however I have no clue how a iLvl 500 rogue can be pulling my really, really crap numbers.

Any help would be awesome, and thanks for reading. Please check out my armory for reference on my gear.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malfurion/Yorri/simple[1]

Edited by whammoftw

A lot of your issues is with your gear. Once you get some decent daggers and some better gear optimization you will start to see your dps increase. 

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com

This is one of your best tools as a rogue. It tells you how much dps you're able to do with your current gear. Awesome to use if you would like to see whether or not your rotation is wrong, or it's just your bad gear decreasing your dps. For example: you have 60k dps, but shadowcraft says you can pull 100k then you know there's something wrong with your rotation. If sc says you can only do 60k then you need to gear up a little bit.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, Rogue, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By digimij
      Howdy,
      I was going to submit a bug report in game, but I thought I'd check here to see if this really is a bug, or if I just don't understand how the ability is supposed to work. Here's what I planned to submit:
      outlaw rogue ability: Between the Eyes, is not correctly applying the 4x damage increase on critical strikes per the tooltip listed damage for each combo point, nor is it appropriately applying any of the bonus damage modifiers: prey on the weak and ghostly strike. If using Deeper Strategem talent, it appears to be applying 4x damage based on the 5th combo point tooltip, but again, the modifiers:ghostly strike and prey on the weak are not applying. 
      Per the tooltip, at 6 combo points, I should do 200,695 damage, 5 combo points would be 167,470 damage. While testing this on a training dummy, with Ghostly Strike and Prey on the Weak applied, with Deeper Strategem talented, using 6 combo points, I see a critical strike (100% chance from legendary shoulders) of 682,357. Unless my math is horribly mistaken, that should be a critical strike for 963,336:
      200,695 x 4 x (100% + 10% + 10%)

This is what I do:
      Stand behind dummy, so nothing is blocked, build up 6 combo points, apply Ghostly strike, either vanish, or leave combat and enter stealth, use Cheap Shot, then use Between the Eyes
    • By sixxn
      So I'm confused on what to do at this point.. I'm at 30% crit with the shoulders equip and 120% mastery. Should I be stacking mastery now and not worrying about crit since I get 100% off start? I also have the bracers? Also since the burst is for 6 seconds I don't know what I should do for a opener anymore.. Any suggestions?