FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Traiga

Some Advice on the 2-piece please :)

Hey all,

I realise the 2-piece bonus for Frost is important and I have been getting it from ilvl528 chest and hands. However, I now have a 553 chest and 540 hands. Should I use these upgrades and lose the 2-peice bonus? I am unsure how to work this out mathematically and my dummy tests give results that put losing the bonus slightly ahead (?)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry I should have added the potential sub-ins are:

Kalaena's Arcane Handwraps (540) & Mantid Vizier's Robes (553)

I'd say go for the higher item level. That makes more sense to me and statwisely those look better.

However, I asked Akraen to check in here and he will correct me if I was stupid.

I am sorry for the late answer. University finals don't spare neither the moderators' life. :)

Hi there - sorry for the delayed reply here.

I'll do detailed math if you require, but the short answer is that it is much better for you to keep the 2pc on. It's about 30 ilvls worth of dps. You can see that on AMR if you select the items and view upgrades, the 2pc dps is added in to the score they give you. It's actually quite accurate.

So yeah, wear the 2pc :)

• Like 1

Hey Oltier and Akraen,

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated. I will switch back to the ilvl 528 2-piece and pray to the RNG gods for some tier in this week's normal clear. Apparantly the Celestials have something aaginst me as well!

cheers

• Like 1

Postscript - I took the advice and compared both sets on AMR. It seems the 2-piece gives a score of 334842, while the non-tier sub-ins give 335681. Very negligible difference. Possible on account of the chest being upgraded to 561. But now I know a very nice way to answer my own questions in the future :)

Thanks again

• Like 1

That's close enough, but that score won't take into consideration the magnitude of buff stacking with the 2pc as well as potential CoC abuse.