FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cynthaea

Frost mage trinket and mixture build?

Hello! I have been a huge fan and a silent observer of the frost mage forum for a long time. I have a question about the trinkets I have and how I am in between haste breakpoints. I am looking to reforge some of it into mastery because a lot of my haste is just wasted.

This is the link of my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Cynthaea/advanced

I have been terribly unlucky when it comes to normal trinket drops but lucky in the flex ones. I have ilvl 548 - Purified Bindings of Immerseus, Kardris' Toxic Totem and Black Blood of Yshaarj. Still rolling each time and hoping a normal trinket will drop.

So, when I looked at AMR with BBOY equipped and I used Akraen's guide to enter the haste rating for my ilvl(12684) I was able to gem for mastery and get about a 10% increase in mastery.

On the other hand, with KTT the net mastery gain was about 3%. I should also add here that I am a very casual player and in my eyes(with my style of playing) personally the 10% mastery gain seems quite nice. 

So should I just ignore the slight superiority of KTT and equip BBOY instead and reforge for the mastery? I feel like i have been talking in circles here. I hope someone understood my question and can answer accordingly! 

Hello! I have been a huge fan and a silent observer of the frost mage forum for a long time. I have a question about the trinkets I have and how I am in between haste breakpoints. I am looking to reforge some of it into mastery because a lot of my haste is just wasted.

This is the link of my armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Cynthaea/advanced

I have been terribly unlucky when it comes to normal trinket drops but lucky in the flex ones. I have ilvl 548 - Purified Bindings of Immerseus, Kardris' Toxic Totem and Black Blood of Yshaarj. Still rolling each time and hoping a normal trinket will drop.

So, when I looked at AMR with BBOY equipped and I used Akraen's guide to enter the haste rating for my ilvl(12684) I was able to gem for mastery and get about a 10% increase in mastery.

On the other hand, with KTT the net mastery gain was about 3%. I should also add here that I am a very casual player and in my eyes(with my style of playing) personally the 10% mastery gain seems quite nice. 

So should I just ignore the slight superiority of KTT and equip BBOY instead and reforge for the mastery? I feel like i have been talking in circles here. I hope someone understood my question and can answer accordingly! 

If you cannot reach 12684 or 14242 without BBOY equip it.

Otherwise, don't. The Intellect gain of totem in fights, especially in conjuction with Alter Time is so huge, that it outweights the 7% passive mastery gain from BBOY.

I'm sorry that the answer took so long. Final exams won't let neithr us, moderators live... :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! :) Much appreciate it. I don't like the fact that the intellect keeps stacking upto 10 times with BBOY i feel like I have to wait for 10 full seconds to make the most of it and usually when I alter time its usually easier to spot the "green" KTT buff than the full BBOY buff. 

hi! i'm a frost mage and i just want to ask what does 12684 or 14242 pertains to?

does it means haste?

http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/character/%e6%86%a4%e6%80%92%e4%bd%bf%e8%80%85/Mirayun/simple (it is translate in chinese because i play in tw.

i'm have the tricket BBOY lv 569  and Frenzied Crystal of Rage lv 569, i have KTT too but  level 561,  do you recommend  to use KTT instead of  BBOY or FCR?

thanks a lot,

mirayun

Hello Mirayun/Almira (which one?:D)!

I move your question into a separate thread so we won't mix up two topic. smile.png

Oltier is correct - and my office hours are 06:00 - 15:00 EST, sorry for the slow reply from both of your mage mods tongue.png

And for what it's worth, you wouldn't have noticed a very big dps loss if you stuck with KTT, well within the margin of RNG. But it would be right to use BBoY in this particular case.

Hello! I am seeing Akraen's post only now. But, what Akraen and Oltier have to say are conflicting!

I personally like KTT better than BBOY and since Oltier said that I have been running with KTT. :-/ Now I am confused again. 

Basically you're not going to notice the difference, equip whichever suits your playstyle best. Equipping BBoY to reach the next tick is wise, but beyond that KTT is the better trinket unless you're an allstar snapshotter.

Oh maybe i was not clear! I can reach the haste cap even with KTT. smile.png BBOY just gives me way too much haste that i can reforge and gem to get mastery from. smile.png Yeah about the snapshotting - I am only getting used to monitoring those procs. So for my playstyle I think KTT is nice. 

Again, thanks a lot for being patient! 

Edited by Cynthaea