FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
JBHawaii

Areas of Improvement

Hello my fellow warlocks!

I humbly ask for an honest review of my performance.

* What I am doing wrong?

* What I need to do more of?

* Is my dps is on par with my current configuration?

I am by no means an expert, I'd like to think I have at least average player skill & performance. But I get the feeling I'm sub-par... It's hard to compare performance when the only logs I have to compare with are from people who are several ilvls ahead of me.

Essentially I want to get a feel for where I should be at my current ilvl and gear combination.

*note - I don't understand every aspect of the logs, and how to use it to improve.

Here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Frostmourne/Moarfang/simple

Recent Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kp7nmgx5pdtbldmn/analyze/dd/source/

Thanks!

Edited by JBHawaii

I don't have time because my raid starts in 10 minutes but have a look at the stickied guide for checking your logs up above. Zagam has written a comprehensive guide for people such as yourself to learn how to spot mistakes and how to correct them.

Much better to learn how to do it yourself in the long run!

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3496-zagams-fixing-your-dps-faq/

Edited by Liquidsteel

I just took a look at your IJ kill but here's my assessment. Your immolate uptime is far to low. You can position yourself to avoid the knockback or use your portal/gateway to get back into range. You should aim for at least 95% on that fight that gives you a little room for error. Your average chaos bolt is only 1mil which can always be better. Make sure youre lining up DS with PBI to get the massives CBs out. Anf you only have five shadow burns. SB replaces Chaos Bolt once the boss hits execute range.

@calol

on IJ, I was dead for a little bit... and my RL has me soaking crawlers, for some odd reason the spikes just seem to love me during this fight. I agree with your idea about positioning... I feel like I'm spending way to much time trying to avoid mechanics or trying to get in range after knock backs.

As for the average CB being 1M, according to zagam's guide that Liquidsteel referred too looks like I'm right there.

How much more can it be?

I try to align DS with PBI or KTT but it's trivial at best. I use weak auras to track procs... Should I be tracking the ICD for both trinkets as well?

About Immolate I use affdots to monitor this, I always try to keep immolate up but if I have a proc I'm casting cb so immolate falls off as a result. Again for this I think positioning is key, almost every time I was casting Immolate it was interrupted because I had to move to avoid mechanics.  

Edited by JBHawaii

@Liquidsteel

Those are the strings I currently use, I just have the ICD unloaded because it was confusing me during raids.

I'd still like to know if my dps is on par with my ilvl... Not looking to be the best, just decent where I am an asset to my raid group.

Edited by JBHawaii

I don't bother tracking the ICD of the procs but there's no real reason to not line up DS with PBI with a 2min cd on DS and a 115sec cd on PBI youre only gonna be holding off using it for a very short while unless you're getting screwed on procs. Ideally you'd use it on the pull and then wait to use it again until PBI procs from then on they both come off cooldown within seconds of each other and the multiplied effect of a big int proc along with a nice boost in crit Isn't trivial at all.

@Calol,

I'm sorry I wasn't clear... By trivial I meant which ever procced first I'd use DS with. PBI & KTT don't always line up. It was mentioned somewhere that waiting for a proc to align with DS can sometimes be a dps loss due to long periods in between procs.

For example from the pull DS + both trinkets proc, now after that pbi may proc again but DS is still on cooldown, then KTT Procs so I use DS, Basically I'm just using DS whenever any of my trinkets proc.

Are you saying to only use DS with pbi?

Again thanks to everyone for your input. Anything I can take from here to improve is worth it.

Edited by JBHawaii

Ok sorry I am finally home so I can answer you better, yes essentially I am saying to use Ds with PBI. The reason being is there is only a five second difference in their cooldowns PBI being 115 and DS being 120. If you get lucky and have both trinks proc off the pull along with DS PBI can potentailly proc again before DS but you're only going to lose five seconds of the proc. KTT on the other hand is a PPM (procs per minute) that doesn't have an ICD. So you can use Ds on a KTT and then easily get screwed and have PBI come up or have an unluky streak with KTT which leaves you with just DS.

@Calol

Yes I often do miss the PBI after using DS with KTT, I will make it a habit to hold out for PBI. As far as dps goes though would you say I'm about average?

I'd say if you can get those two things fixed you'll be just fine. If I actually play right I'm around 290k on normal IJ at 564. You're second in dps for your guild so I wouldn't stress to much on it.

@Calol

Thank you very much for taking the time to asses my performance and give me crucial advice on improving. I'm truly grateful knowing other warlock are so willing and open to helping there fellow locks :) I appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks again :)