FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akraen

Holy vs. Disc DPS

So which is higher?

I spend 99% of my brainpower on mage stuff, and I'm new to priest on my alt. So far I'm loving both holy and disc, with zero interest in shadow.

I'm wondering if there's a good guide somewhere on holy DPS? Disc DPS is good while grouping due to atonement, of course, but I'm the kind of fella who likes to break molds.

Yeah it appears to be a viable dps spec.  I don't think you'll be doing a lot of healing in that holy-as-dps though.  I'm waiting to see some of his logs.

Normal healing has holy doing very little damage and myself as disc doing somewhere between 1/2 and 1/3 of the damage as a dps.  That's attonement heavy healing, plus dps cape, plus sw:pain thrown in when raid damage is low.

Maybe it's because I've been dungeon leveling, but I just find nobody even needs heals.

There's nothing to do really, so I just have been disc doing DPS. Maybe I'll just keep doing that. I'm not looking to be the "best" - just having some fun :)