FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tigersharrk

Macro ABarr and Fire Blast Spam??

Hi guys,

I'm a starting back up from a 3 year hiatus from WoW and am fairly new to MoP. I've read your guide and the forums to catch up and have a question.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to create a macro that will let you cast/spam both Abarr and Fire Blast using one button (as in it casts ABarr and while that's its cooldown it casts Fire Blast and so on)for movement phases? Probably a dumb question but I thought I would ask.

Unfortunately you can't do this. You can create a macro for spells that are off the GCD, but not for two that are on the GCD.

See more info here, which also details a shift/alt/ctrl mod that might be a good second option for you: http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=48104/spell-casting-macros

This doesn't answer your question much, but still, you might find it helpful.

Your casting 2 spells with 1 button - so 1 macro containing 2 spells.

What i find useful in situation where u need to alternate between a few specific spells, is to use a modifier macro.

Lets say, for example, that the two spells that you are alternating between are Shadowbolt and Curse of Elements. And you want Shadowbolt to have priority over Curse of Elements. So now to what modifier to use. The only modifier keys that the game recognises are ctrlalt and shift. Depeding on what is more convenient, you choose the appropriate modifer key.

So, 
/cast [modifier:shift/ctrl/alt] Curse of Elements; ShadowboltThe above only macro casts Curse of Elements when either ctrl, alt or shift are held down and you press the macro.
However, this can be changed so that it only casts Curse of Elements when (for example) ctrl is held down.

/cast [modifier:ctrl] Curse of Elements; Shadowboltshift or alt can also be substituted instead of the ctrl depending on what is most convenient for you.

While it is possible to create such macro, I would rather suggest using Arcane Explosion instead of Fire Blast, possibly with a glyph of Arcane Explosion of your targets would move out of the normal's range.

This is more beneficial, because AE has a 30% chance to generate an Arcane charge if at least one target is hit, and automatically refreshes the duration of Arcane charge. By this, you will be able to cast Arcane Barrage almost on CD even during heavy movement phases.

Of course, if it is impossible to reach any targets with AE, then you can still use Fire Blast or Ice lance to at least do something.

Ok so although I cant have a button I can make a macro and spam; I can make a macro that casts ABarr normaly and then I can hold down ctrl (or shift or alt)and cast Fire Blast with the same button.

#Oltier ok I know about AE and use that when I can but you also have to be close, even with the glyph, to the target and im trying to get something that out of AE's range. Im also having DPS issues but since im at work I cant link my Char right now.

To correct Akraen: You can make a macro like:

/cast Arcane Barrage

/cast Fire Blast

On 1st press:

You will cast AB.

Game will attempt to cast FB as well then, but since you are on the GCD you won't be able and the macro stops.

On 2nd press, when AB is on CD:

Game will try to cast AB 1st. As it is on CD, it will immediately jump to the second task which is /cast Fire Blast. So game will cast Fire Blast now, etc.

But since Fire Blast also have a CD I would suggest going for even more:
/cast Arcane Barrage

/cast Fire Blast

/cast Ice Lance

This way you will always cast something. But use this with caution! You never want to cast FB/IL if you don't HAVE TO.

Yes, you can make modifiers as well. smile.png

I can't imagine any fights where it would be impossible to stay in close range and has heavy movement. Which fight are you refering to?

An armory link alone doesn't tell us too much. A combat log would be the best. smile.png

Also: Please stay away from double posting if it's not necessary. You can use the edit button instead.

I didn't suggest that because it's a bad habit and he shouldn't be doing it anyway! Get back to studying, you're making far more informative posts than I am.

I play arcane now and then and I've never seen the need to hit fire blast. I just bind AE to the 'F' key and go wild.

• Like 1

In all honesty I would like to do ABarr, Fire Blast and AE all in one... or all four that would be crazy but prolly asking for too much. I have tried making the macro as suggested but all it does is cast ABarr and then nothing (waits for ABarr to come off cooldown then casts it again).

I haven't done any raiding yet, iLvL is at 488 and i got some blues i need to replace, just heroics and i'm always pulling 28k DPS which is aggravating to me.

Sorry about the double post...didn't refresh before I saw your post.

OK......

Can I have logs from Heroics or is raiding needed? If so whats the site to go to for it?

Here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Tigersharrk/advanced

I know I need enchants Im waiting for my friend to swap to Alliance so he can D/E and Enchant for me. Other than that is there anything I can do?

Edited by Tigersharrk

If you want a "long period of movement" macro you can make a full spammable cast sequence.

/castsequence reset=6 arcane barrage, fie blast, ice lance,arcane barrage, ice lance, ice lance

But there are FAR mote efficient ways to deal with movement than this, this macro may have been good in cata, but we've evolved as a spec since then. But stil a decent macro for "the lazy man's movement macro"

• Like 1

In all honesty I would like to do ABarr, Fire Blast and AE all in one... or all four that would be crazy but prolly asking for too much. I have tried making the macro as suggested but all it does is cast ABarr and then nothing (waits for ABarr to come off cooldown then casts it again).

I haven't done any raiding yet, iLvL is at 488 and i got some blues i need to replace, just heroics and i'm always pulling 28k DPS which is aggravating to me.

Sorry about the double post...didn't refresh before I saw your post.

OK......

Can I have logs from Heroics or is raiding needed? If so whats the site to go to for it?

Here is my character:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Tigersharrk/advanced

I know I need enchants Im waiting for my friend to swap to Alliance so he can D/E and Enchant for me. Other than that is there anything I can do?

www.worldoflogs.com

:)

Warcraftlogs is sooooo amazing. I can't wait until everyone uses it.

one of the things that caught my attention is that it uses Adobe Air. I was like WHAT, THIS IS AMAZING, JAVA SUCKS.

• Like 1

If you want a "long period of movement" macro you can make a full spammable cast sequence.

/castsequence reset=6 arcane barrage, fie blast, ice lance,arcane barrage, ice lance, ice lance

But there are FAR mote efficient ways to deal with movement than this, this macro may have been good in cata, but we've evolved as a spec since then. But stil a decent macro for "the lazy man's movement macro"

I like it, I mean I'd prefer to do it manually but if you want an on the run macro this is the way to go. My mage I haven't touched for PvE since halfway through ToT and his haste is currently too high for that macro only self buffed (5% buff therefore not included) at 39.07%, so I took a minute and put together one that works for higher bits of haste if you'd want it.

/castsequence reset=15 arcane barrage, fire blast, ice lance,arcane barrage, ice lance, ice lance, arcane barrage, ice lance, fire blast, arcane barrage, ice lance, ice lance, arcane barrage, ice lance, ice lance

Also, Oltier, with that macro suggestion it makes me feel like you play a bit of rift, eh?

Edit: Not sure when you'd need this many, but this should go on for as long as you need it to.

Edit 2: I spotted a wild Krazyito yesterday!

Edited by Mit213
  • Like 1

This is impossible now because Arcane spec gets ABarr and does not get FB. Unless someone already pointed this out and I am just late to the party.

Ok so I read all that you guys posted regarding macros and made some pretty good ones for myself for AOEing/Movement:

#showtooltip Frost Bomb
/castsequence reset=9 Frost Bomb, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Explosion, Ice Floes

Of course this would be even better with living bomb but I using frost right now (a buddy of mine said that switching from LB to frost improved his DPS so im giving it a shot).

This will help in AOEing as I can target something spam AE and get my ABarr in as well, then retarget and dot (Thus why it would be awesome with LB over FB). For ranged movement as well (Barring I get the first FB off) as it continuously spams Abarr and AE along with FB.

I also made a Healing macro for all my healing talents (Since i'm an Herb and Draenei):

#showtooltip
/cast Gift of the Naaru
/cast Lifeblood
/use Life Spirit
/cast Temporal Shield
/cast Ice Barrier

Also made this one strictly for movement as well:

#showtooltip Ice Floes
/cast Ice Floes
/cast Arcane Blast

Lastly I made one for Frostjaw with Ice Floes (Just for when i'm farming n' stuff):

#showtooltip Frostjaw
/castsequence reset=2 Ice Floes, Frostjaw

Now as for the combat logs....I downloaded Warcraftlogs but I cant get it to record me in Dungeons so does anyone know how to work it? Also switched my alt spec from fire to Frost so any tips there would help,thx. 

Edited by Tigersharrk

This is impossible now because Arcane spec gets ABarr and does not get FB. Unless someone already pointed this out and I am just late to the party.

All specs have Fireblast (well fire has inferno blast)... but yes, ABarr is better than FB

Edited by Mit213

Ok, I'm thinking of something else that used to be class-wide but is now fire specific...damn memory.

Scorch? ;P

• Like 1