FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zende

Switching to fury

Hey.

I'm a 541 ilvl arms Warrior at the moment. I'm really eager to switch into fury but I read here the change should happen at around 530-540 and/or 30% crit. 

Thing is, with AskMrRobot-reforging etc I'm only at 26% crit. Is this enough? Will I raise my DPS by going into fury, assuming I play them both at the same level? 

Also - sometimes when reforging with AskMrRobot it puts either hit or expertise just below the cap. For example, I got optimized into 7,4% expertise which gave a relatively high percent of parry chances. Is this really optimal or should I reforge it into my liking myself in these cases?

Thanks!

You might find yourself having quite a few unlucky non-crit streaks with that low of a crit chance. I kinda assume that your gear isn't the best itemized because you could easily have more crit at that item level. It isn't horribly bad though, and as long as you keep a good rotation, you shouldn't do too horrible as Fury. (Keep in mind though, especially if you're new to Fury, that the rotation is much more tricker and proc-dependant than arms).

As far as having hit/exp below the cap goes, it's not too bad. You should always be attacking from behind, so you should never get parried, and being at 7.4% (0.1% below the cap) means 1/1000 of your attacks are going to be dodged. Nothing to panic about.

Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask, 

-rage

Thanks for the answer!

Yeah, I think my gear is poorly itemized for my itemlevel. I've just dinged 90, played LFR and gotten boosted by my friends in Flex for two or three weeks. Most of the stuff I see in Flex have been upgrades but they're probably not optimal.

I was on my phone when I wrote the first post and didn't include my armory page. I was wondering if you could take a look at it, to see what I can do better and change straight away? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Erkus/advanced

And yeah, I tried Fury on a training dummy and was getting nowhere close to my usual dps - sometimes I went a few seconds without anything to do because of my low crit chance, which of course lowered my dps. I think I'll wait and try to get a bit better gear before I switch, unless you have some cool ideas about what I can do.

Thanks again for the answers man!

Edit: Holy shit, I didn't realize how horrible my Timeless gear is stat-wise. I really should look for upgrades on them.

Edited by zende

Your gear looks fine. Most of the pieces you have aren't all that bad, but partly due to their low ilvl and partly due to the fact that some of them have 0 crit on them (without reforging), it makes your crit chance look a bit lower than what it could be. There isn't much you can do other than keep running Flex (or even normal if you can) and hope to replace the last non-crit pieces.

The biggest single piece upgrade you could get right now, other than an higher ilvl weapon, would be your tier gloves. They are really well itemized and would give you your 2p bonus.

It will mainly boil down to luck, form that point forward, though. Just try and use your bonus rolls wisely and hope the RNG gods are in your favor.

Didn't answer cause I hoped I'd get some gear and could come back to this thread, and the RNG gods gave me that opportunity.

Got a second Xal'Atoh and some other upgrades from this weeks flex. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Erkus/advanced

I'm going to switch right now and see how my DPS feels, but it should probably be optimal to switch right now, right?

Two more questions; 

1) AskMrRobot is telling me to gem all crit, ignoring socket bonuses. Is this legit? Pros/cons?

2) I have Blacksmithing/Mining right now and I'm unsure what to switch out mining for. Engineering seems like the optimal choice, although it's not a big difference. I'm just wondering if there is something else that stands out with the other professions, moneymaking and gearing wise? I'm thinking jewelcrafting but I'm still not sure!

Thanks for answering my questions man, really helps me out while I'm still learning so much!

EDIT: Just gemmed my weapons to +320 crit. I see a lot of top warriors having one +320 crit gem and one +160 crit and +160 hit on the other. Is there any reasoning for this, or is it purely because they need it to hit caps perfectly?

Edited by zende

1: Getting high crit is pretty much essential as a fury warrior. Unless you can grab the socket bonuses without sacrificing more than 1 yellow gems it *usually* isn't worth it.

2: Any other crafting profession is pretty fine, with Eng being quite above the others, since you can stack the glove enchant with CS.

3: Usually, high end warriors will do this because they can get 160 mastery out of the hit they can reforge because of the gems, and at very high crit levels (40+%) mastery is very close to crit, dps wise.