FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ToastemPopUp

Looking for help with my Balance dps please.

I've been raiding Balance spec for a couple months (I used to be tanking) and my dps has been what appears to be a bit below average for a while now even after studying up on forum advice, reading IcyVeins's Balance Druid section, watching Balance PoVs on bosses, etc.  I use askmrrobot.com to set up my gemming/reforging and I have it customized to the 2nd haste breakpoint since my gear allows for it, and I use the suggested rotation on IcyVeins.

I recently ran a couple simcrafts and found that on a raid dummy I should be pulling about 250k, however no matter what I do I can only manage about 200k.  I'm tired of being at the bottom of the dps meters when I feel I could be doing better, so here I am looking for help.

Here's the World of Logs data from tonight's SoO raid: 

And I'm not sure whether WoW Heroes or WoW's Armory is more helpful so here's both (respectively): 

Thanks in advance for your time and please let me know if I missed any important information.

Ok, first off. Ur armory seems fine, but i did find something when i saw the logs that could help you improve. For this analyzing i took jaggernaut cuz its a pretty straight forward fight with maximal uptime on boss and no adds.

I noticed ur Sunfire uptime were 87,7% and moonfire were 91,2%. This really needs to get as close to 100% as possible. But from that log thats all i could see, but u did 220k dps, so its not that bad, but someone with better knownledge of boomy might see something else from the logs

Thanks for your reply!

And I know 220k isn't bad per say, but I feel like with my gearscore I should be able to do a lot better (and simcraft supports that as well). Thanks for the helpful advice, I'll definitely try and work on that, however I feel like there has to be something else I can do as well to make up for the massive difference in numbers I get with where I am and where I should be. Also, do you know any way to get recount to show my DoT uptime on the boss and not in relation to each other? Whenever I go to the "DoT Uptime" tab it only shows my dots in relation to each other.. ie it'll say 50% Moonfire 50% Sunfire, which doesn't exactly help me.

Thanks for your reply!

And I know 220k isn't bad per say, but I feel like with my gearscore I should be able to do a lot better (and simcraft supports that as well). Thanks for the helpful advice, I'll definitely try and work on that, however I feel like there has to be something else I can do as well to make up for the massive difference in numbers I get with where I am and where I should be. Also, do you know any way to get recount to show my DoT uptime on the boss and not in relation to each other? Whenever I go to the "DoT Uptime" tab it only shows my dots in relation to each other.. ie it'll say 50% Moonfire 50% Sunfire, which doesn't exactly help me.

I don't think you can do dot uptimes in recount.  Or at least in any useful way.  Best is just with logs.  Also, a helpful addon I found for DoT's is using AffDots for Boomkin

That's a bummer, I was wondering if maybe Skada would have it but I just like Recount so much better that I really don't want to switch.. and yep, I already have AffDots and I love it biggrin.png

Edited by ToastemPopUp

The only thing currently you can do to increase your dps is to make sure dot uptime is 95%+ for both, very quick use of SS procs, and making sure your dots are always at there strongest for the longest amount of time. 

You "can" change talents to treants if you want more sustain over burst.

As for sims depending on the setting you can be given false data, by default simC uses all raid buffs, prepot, etc, if you dont have all that when on the dummy your numbers wont be as high. 

My boomy is a about the same gear wise and I pull anywhere from 250-300K, depending on fight, and if i care to try xD

Yeah, AffDots helps a lot with that (the strength of dots part anyway) and I'm definitely going to work on my dot uptime.

I have everything turned off that I can aside from the buffs that I cast, however it doesn't really look like I can turn off the food, flask, prepot etc.  It's clearly prepotting before the fight also, which I can't turn off, but what I'm unsure of is if on a raid dummy it's popping a potion whenever the cooldown is up or only if heroism/bloodlust is on (which in my case it obviously wouldn't be, so it technically shouldn't be using a potion after the initial prepot)...

hello,

besides what already has been said take note in the following:

you havent mentioned your rotation so just for a check.

talents: INC+HotW

- go for pre lunar 75

- 2 secs before pull use starfall and int-potion

- wrath to lunar

(you are now lunar eclipsed)

- hit INC and herb-haste-cd (build a macro!)

- cast SS (mostly Meta hasnt procced yet from wrath thats why)

- then apply dots (mostly meta know is procced, also they have herb and jadespirit)

- cast SF until pre lunar starfall has finished (mostly 1-2 SF casts)

- then Starfall

- hit SF / SS if proccs until 0 lunar

- use CA (!!! BEFORE META RUNS OUT...if meta will be finished in 2secs and you are not at 0 lunar, cast CA and eapply dots!)

- SF / SS until first lunar starfall has finished, then pop starfall

- SF / SS until CA has finished and you reached sun eclipse

important:

- as seen within the logs of juggernaut, Bloodlust wasn cast at pull. Get your shamans/mages etc to hit the button excatly at pull and not 5 secs later

- immediately SS when procc

- reapply dots or go asap to next eclipse when meta procs and apply dots

- dont overwrite an high haste procced eclipsed dot within the next eclipse