FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sethadon

Enhancement - SINGLE TARGET ONE-BUTTON-MACRO...

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Earth Elemental Totem
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,Fire Elemental Totem
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Feral Spirit
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Stormstrike
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Lava Lash
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Flame Shock
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,Unleash Elements
/castsequence [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental, nopet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Earthbind Totem, Lava Lash, Earth Shock; [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental, pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Lava Lash, Earth Shock; [pet:Primal Fire Elemental, nopet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Earthbind Totem, Lava Lash, Earth Shock
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
/startattack

I wanted to create a macro that increased my DPS output, while managing my Fire & Earth Elementals / Totems properly.  However, my gear is so low I barely notice a change in output.  Seems to manage totems and CDs fine, but need someone to verify that it actually increases their output. If you have the Macro Toolkit (or Super Duper Macro) addon, and are willing to give this macro a shot, let me know what you discover.

It tries to incorporate all the key spells, so I suspect you will have to be a really FAST button smasher to get the top two cast sequences to fire. unsure.png

Thanks in advance!  wink.png

Hi there!

Nice idea for a macro. I just wanted to discuss the rotation it does a bit. As I understand, it goes;

UE > Flame Shock > LL > SS

If I remember my Enhancement priority correctly, I think it should be more like:

UE > Flame Shock > SS > LL

Also, what is the 8th Castsequence line intended to do?

Hey there.
I'd like to start off by saying that I agree with Stoove, in the regard that it's a nice idea for a macro. But I would like to point out that if said shaman had the T16 4set, depending on the environment and if it's solely a single target fight or not, that it'd be wiser to LL before SS simply because of the chance to get another LL proc.
I started prioritizing LL over SS after I got my 4set, and I noticed, although it was very marginal and VERY RNG controlled, a dps increase.

Edit: Grammar sucks pre-coffee buff. :P

Edited by Strawser

The 8th cast sequence (the big long one) has some logic in there to control your elementals.  Specifically, it checks to see if they're up or not.  The first check assumes they are NOT up, and therefore allows the rotation to cast Searing AND Earthbind Totems. The second part assumes your Primal Earth Elemental is up and therefore stops casting Earthbind Totem (temporarily) as part of your rotation, and the third part assumes your Primal Fire Elemental is up and therefore stops casting Searing Totem (temporarily). - Make sense?

As for the priority of the cast sequences though, does flipping cast sequence lines 4 and 5 generate

more or less DPS than the original sequence priority?  I would be interested to know.

Thanks! smile.png

I'd love to try it out, but I play Resto/Elemental so I can't. I hope you find another tester :)

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Stormlash Totem
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,Earth Elemental Totem
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Fire Elemental Totem
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Feral Spirit
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Stormstrike
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Lava Lash
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.2 0,Unleash Elements
/castsequence [pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; [pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target/3 Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem,  Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem
/cast [combat] Ascendance
/cast [combat] Elemental Mastery
/startattack

I made a few changes, trying to take advantage of some other totems (i.e. Stormlash Totem, Grounding Totem and Healing Stream Totem) and eliminate the unnecessary extra Flame Shock cast.

This gave me a slight improvement even with my crappy gear. smile.png

I used the macro for roughly 5 minutes, and caame out at 270k. Compared to my usual dps of ~330-340k, it's quite the downgrade. One of the main issues is that I noticed I never fired off a single Lightning Bolt with Maelstrom procs. Other than that, it's pretty solid, although it takes the fun out of enhance :( Good stuff though, I'll do a more extensive test (more like 30minutes each and post logs when I'm done. I just decided to set up Macro ToolKit and test it while waiting for a flex to fill.). So these aren't final results! I'll make sure to be using lightning bolts whenever a GCD is available.
Another thing to note, there is a lot of 'filler' spells, such as Grounding Totem which took prio over my LL proc and left me with an open LL for roughly 2.3 seconds. I'll also make sure to write down how many times it re-prio's my LL or SS. :)

I'm glad you mentioned that actually; I found that adding the Lightning Bolt cast sequence to the macro did more bad than good. So I just bind it to another key on my action bar, that way I have total control of that spell when Maelstrom procs.

If you spam Lightning Bolt manually (as I do when Maelstrom procs at 5 stacks), do you get close to 330k still or no? Yeah, and if Grounding Totem (or Healing Stream Totem) for that matter, result in lower DPS, maybe you can omit them and see if the results are any better.

Thanks again in advance. :)

Edited by Sethadon

No test results yet. sad.png

I will patiently wait...

mellow.png

We'll have to wait and see what Strawser says, yes! :)

I'm sorry, I was on vacation for a few days. I'll get on this today.

Vacation must not have ended well for Strawser. huh.png

Maybe he has fallen off the edge of the planet or something.

Updated the macro to include LIGHTNING BOLT...

/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Stormlash Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,Earth Elemental Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Fire Elemental Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Feral Spirit
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Stormstrike
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Lava Lash
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,Unleash Elements
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, combat] reset=0.2 Lightning Bolt
/castsequence [nomod, pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; [nomod, pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target/3 Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; [nomod] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem,  Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem
/cast [nomod, combat] Ascendance
/cast [nomod, combat] Elemental Mastery
/startattack

When MAELSTROM WEAPON is 5 stacked, simply hold the CTRL key for a moment while continuing to spam the macro.

NOTE: You still need exceptional button smashing skills to get STORMLASH TOTEM to fire. wink.png

ENJOY! biggrin.png

Updated the macro to include LIGHTNING BOLT...

/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Stormlash Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,0,Earth Elemental Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,0,Fire Elemental Totem
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,0,Feral Spirit
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,0,Stormstrike
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,0,Lava Lash
/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.2 0,Unleash Elements
/castsequence [mod:ctrl, combat] reset=0.2 Lightning Bolt
/castsequence [nomod, pet:Primal Earth Elemental] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; [nomod, pet:Primal Fire Elemental] reset=target/3 Flame Shock, Grounding Totem, Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem; [nomod] reset=target/3 Searing Totem, Flame Shock, Grounding Totem,  Earthbind Totem, Earth Shock, Healing Stream Totem
/cast [nomod, combat] Ascendance
/cast [nomod, combat] Elemental Mastery
/startattack

When MAELSTROM WEAPON is 5 stacked, simply hold the CTRL key for a moment while continuing to spam the macro.

NOTE: You still need exceptional button smashing skills to get STORMLASH TOTEM to fire. wink.png

ENJOY! biggrin.png

This macro is EXCEPTIONAL!  The totem logic makes life SO EASY!!  This is a MUST TRY MACRO for ALL Enhancement Shaman.  Good Job!

Good morning all!

Reading code it seems to be very nice. If this work fine it could simplify our rotaion.

Actually i have macro for start burst that contains:

/ castsequence reset= ( actually i don't remember, FET maybe xD ) Elmental mastery, fire totem, ascendance, spirit wolf.

but if one spell is in cd don't work fine.

For example:

-Fight Starts

-Burst macro on

-Rotation

Elemental mastery and spirit wolf resets almost at the same time so i'll start my macro again, but don't work fine, because fire elemental totem is in cd yet. For this reason only Elemental mastery will be cast.

So i have all my cd binded at various keys.

Edit: i'm not skilled with macro obviusly xD

Edited by Moar