FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sagnuts

Thok trinket or Siegecrafter Trink for resto

I keep seeing different things on this. According to icy-veins Siegecrafter and Sha trinket are best. But I see alot of heroic raiders wearing Thok and sha trinket. What is the verdict here? 

2 best trinkets for shaman (in most circumstances) are Sha trinket and thok trinket. Nazgrim trinket can be goot for certain fights and at lower item levels. Siegcrafter trinket should be avoided, if you need the regen it is actually a lot better to just take a bit more spirit and then grab the output trinkets.

Why does the icy veins guide say to use the regen trinket then?

Trinkets are ALWAYS iffy they have so many weird stats/ effects  you usually can't say one is better than another in most cases.  The siegecrafter is best in slot for mana gain, while the thok one is best for throughput.

The amp one is generally overall good all the time.

2 best trinkets for shaman (in most circumstances) are Sha trinket and thok trinket. Nazgrim trinket can be goot for certain fights and at lower item levels. Siegcrafter trinket should be avoided, if you need the regen it is actually a lot better to just take a bit more spirit and then grab the output trinkets.

Definitely right for resto shamans.

And "according to Icy Veins" or "according to AskMR" is a little tricky. Usually you get an advise, based on your current gear (may be too low) or inputted weights (too much spirit) of stats, so you can get some weird advises, which are definitely not BiS for endgame raiding or gear

Edited by Trollsha

Since we're at the end of the expac, the really important thing for healers is really throughput rather than regen. I find that the Sha trinket is all I need for regen, especially in a heavy Crit build. You'll find some really hardcore raiders go for Mastery Spirit builds (for cooldown power) which would prefer regen trinkets, I think.

There's no doubt that you want that Sha trinket. It's fantastic - the best parts of a throughput trinket and a regen trinket at once. For Shaman, the extra Spirit from the trinket counts towards Mana Tide for yourself - you get extra extra regen from it. On top of that, it increases all your throughput stats. It's really awesome. I would, in fact, say that this was best in slot from an overall perspective.

So it comes down to choosing between Cleave, Multistrike, and Regen. I don't have Cleave, but I hear it's really good AoE healing. Multistrike is much maligned, but I use it and it regularly does 3% of my healing on progress fights, or up to 5% sometimes.

The regen trinket is more interesting because it has static Intellect rather than an Int proc, and this is important because you get a more predictable benefit from it. The regen is nice, too. However, I've tried the LFR version and I don't think that the regen is enough to allow you to reforge out of a significant amount of Spirit. However, if you need the extra mana it's a must. So:

• The Sha trinket is best in slot overall.
  • The Thok (Cleave) trinket is amazing for throughput.
  • The Blackfuse (Regen) trinket is good regen, but you should only really take it if you need the regen.
  • The Nazgrim (Multistrike) trinket is good but has a tendency to overheal (about 30% overheal in my logs). On hardcore progress, you might see Multistrike = Cleave.