FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
eraze

Opening sequence question

Hello

I've played around different ideas for opening sequences as frost that I've seen on this site and others.

The class guide says to use :

Prepull:  Evo (for Invocate buff), cast,Mirror Image - 3 sec, then potion, frozen orb 

On-pull:  spam frostbolt until BF/2xFoF procs, and then cast your Icy Vein & Alter time macro.

Seen another suggestion to:

Pre-pull:  Evo (for Invocate, potion

On-pull: Icy-veins, mirror image, frozen orb, after 6 secs, cast Alter Time

I've also tried a variation of the class guide sequence except casting the macro as soon as I have my main trinket procs, whether BF/FoF procs are up or not, so as to not delay IV/AT too much.

Is there an idea opening sequence I should be trying for?  My iLvl is 561, I usually set a breakpoint around 50% haste though I could probably go higher and I have all 3 normal mode trinkets.

Hello

I've played around different ideas for opening sequences as frost that I've seen on this site and others.

The class guide says to use :

Prepull:  Evo (for Invocate buff), cast,Mirror Image - 3 sec, then potion, frozen orb 

On-pull:  spam frostbolt until BF/2xFoF procs, and then cast your Icy Vein & Alter time macro.

Seen another suggestion to:

Pre-pull:  Evo (for Invocate, potion

On-pull: Icy-veins, mirror image, frozen orb, after 6 secs, cast Alter Time

I've also tried a variation of the class guide sequence except casting the macro as soon as I have my main trinket procs, whether BF/FoF procs are up or not, so as to not delay IV/AT too much.

Is there an idea opening sequence I should be trying for?  My iLvl is 561, I usually set a breakpoint around 50% haste though I could probably go higher and I have all 3 normal mode trinkets.

There is no point in using IV before Mirror images. Why would you even do that?

My opening sequence is:

• Prepull:
  • Evocate,
  • Mirror image,
  • Potion,
  • Pre-cast Frostbolt,
  • cast Frozen Orb (if safe),
  • pull

On pull:

• Pop Icy veins+Engineering buff (with IV, I 3 bolts instead of one with one cast so I have higher chane to proc trinkets).,
  • cast Bomb,
  • Spam stuff until I get my trinkets up, or about 4-6 seconds has been gone and one trinket didn't proc.
  • Cast Alter time, 
  • Refresh Bomb immediately whenever most of my buffs are up
  • PewPew.
  • Refresh bomb, if it's about to expire but my trinkets would expire earlier than the ideal refresh moment.

FYI: I have the IV Alter Time macro. It takes freedom away and reduces your chance to get your trinkets procced asap.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't actually use the IV/AT macro any more so i'm used to the playstyle of waiting for procs before casting AT.