FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vaeevictiss

Mage guildie damage on Garrosh

As a warlock...i feel i shouldnt be here haha. But alas, i do have a question. 

We have a mage that normally does...decent...dps. Not great, not horrible. Certainly not topping meters such as myself (ok ok ill stop before you dont help me, we have a very good mage in our runs also).

Anyway, on Garrosh he is assigned to the engineer. Because of this, his damage is really low...like tank low.

here is one log from last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/sum/damageDone/?s=7992&e=8485

his name is Thphoeus and he is sitting between our two tanks Valteas and Halivor.

I understand that running back and forth in P1 killing the eng. hurts dps...but that is only in P1.

thanks for any help.

Well, i cant really help your mage out, but i'll ask something still that u can keep in mind for later. Why would you send a mage, which can do little to no dmg on the move to kill the engeneer, when u got a hunter and a lock which loses little to no dmg while moving?

• Like 1

Don't assign a mage to the engineer!

How cruel, how heartless, how awful. Seriously. Why would you put the guy who can't move while doing DPS on the engineer?

Send a hunter or lock out there FFS! /glare

PS: more helpful post incoming, had to unleash the rage in defense of all mages

haha thanks. Our hunter was actually doing it when we first started Garrosh...not sure why she stopped. Ill bring it up again this weekend lol. I dont have a problem doing it either as a lock...was just never asked.

I swear to you he's losing 40k dps by being on the engineer. That's about the meanest thing a raid leader could ever do to a mage.

There are ways to cope with eng duty for a frost mage, like orbing into the adds and using lances on the engineer. But yeah, even 40k loss is generous for that specific duty.

I'm not one to run away from raid duties, for instance I have no problem doing belts (which I generally do). But that specific task is so much mage unfriendly... I did it only once and hated every second of it, even with all the movement perks added (double blinking, long blinking, bs, banking as many instants as I could). Fire mage might have an easier time with that, but still I think it would be quite unpleasant for him.