FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
vaeevictiss

Immolate woes...really getting on my nerves

Ok, ive about had it with immolate not sticking or "missing". Now, i put missing in quotes because my current hit is at 15.20% i.e. i should not be missing. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Vaeevictiss/simple

Yet i am constantly looking at my dot meters a few seconds after casting immolate...and there is no immolate. In fact, i find myself having to sometimes cast it 2-3 times before it goes up. 

I was at first hoping that it was my dot meter just not showing it correctly since most of the time when i FnB Immo it never shows it on all the adds. But after looking at logs last night i can see my Immo uptime is stupid low.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/sum/damageDone/

(our 11th attempt was probably our best of the night)

Im still doing decent damage, but i know thats hurting me like hell and i have no idea why it does this. Has anyone else experienced it?

(we also have another issue of our one mage doing shit damage, and im not sure if it is just because he is on engineer duty, but i already asked the mage forum about that lol)

Edited by vaeevictiss

I can't look at your logs, but there is something wrong if you are missing at 15.20%.  It's literally impossible to miss after being hit capped unless there is a mechanic up that causes you to miss similar to what Feng did in MSV. 

Make sure none of your gear was broken, that you didn't have the wrong trinket on, or some other quirk. 

well its been doing it for over a month now when i started playing destro. Its really strange. I can understand if i have a stopcasting macro but im just casting something like Incinerate. Ill cast immo, and once its started, im already mashing my incin button. At somepoint, and without even moving, immolate never happens.

I've been paying more attention to it lately and last night on garrosh i literally watched the cast complete, and there was no Immo on garrosh. What i find even weirder is that on P1 when im FnB nuking the hell out of the adds, that my immo uptime is so low and it is literally ticking away on all the adds, garrosh, and the weapon when it is up. 

Not sure why you cant see the logs...Wonder if it was because i was logged in at the time...dont see why that would matter tho. Didnt think the link changed based on that.

see if this one works. It was our best attempt i think last night.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/sum/damageDone/?s=7992&e=8485

Edited by vaeevictiss

I can't see WoL at work.  I can see Warcraftlogs.  If you have the archived log, post it to Warcraftlogs and link that to me.

You have to be doing something wrong for Immo to not be applied.  At 15.20% hit, it's impossible to miss in combat.  Record you completing the cast of Immolate and it missing.  If you don't see it in the logs, then your tracker is wrong.  If you see a miss in your logs, report the issue to a GM because your system is broken.

i dont have the original logs, its another guildie that does it.

Recording is actually not a bad idea if only for myself to see if i am doing something wrong.

WoL's is showing your misses under the 'immune' column.  Are you attempting to cast it on something that can't be hit yet?

You can see the immune Immolates here, starting at 22:03:54:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/log/?s=7992&e=8485

Right before that you were all ported into the Realm, and prior to that you refreshed immolate. The immune entries on WoL are caused by the DoT still being on Garrosh but him being immune to all damage while the adds are up in the realm. 

http://i.imgur.com/JFXUf2y.png

the first immolate is single-target, the second immolate is FNB.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/xe/?s=7992&e=8485&x=spell+%3D+%22Immolate%22&page=1

click on the "timeline" tab, click the "plot spells timeline" button and you should get a graphical representation of your immolate uptime. 

here's a segment of what yours looks like http://i.imgur.com/iFSydtZ.png

here's a segment from someone with a top 25 parse http://i.imgur.com/64RNZVy.png

your goal is to have as close to 100% uptime on the timeline covered by the combination of the 2 rows on the timeline (one is single target, other is FNB).

if you read the logs here, you'll notice multiple canceled casts. here's an example

[22:05:18.634] Vaeevictiss begins to cast Immolate
[22:05:19.604] Vaeevictiss Immolate Garrosh Hellscream *99361*
[22:05:19.604] Vaeevictiss's Immolate fades from Garrosh Hellscream
[22:05:31.617] Vaeevictiss begins to cast Immolate
[22:05:32.757] Vaeevictiss casts Immolate on Garrosh Hellscream
[22:05:32.917] Garrosh Hellscream afflicted by Immolate from Vaeevictiss

13 seconds of immolate downtime because of a canceled cast

now check out this fancy query

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/anc9xwypcbpqg0e3/xe/?s=7992&e=8485&x=%28fullType+%3D+SPELL_AURA_APPLIED%0D%0AOR+fullType+%3D+SPELL_AURA_REFRESH%0D%0AOR+fullType+%3D+SPELL_AURA_REMOVED%29%0D%0AAND+sourceName+%3D+%22Vaeevictiss%22%0D%0AAND+spell%3D%22Immolate%22%0D%0AAND+targetName%3D%22Garrosh+Hellscream%22

now what you're looking for here is time gaps between "immolate fades from garrosh hellscream" and "garrosh hellscream afflicted by your immolate." it's a little messy because if you refresh normal immolate with FNB immolate or viceversa, it will log as fade then afflicted at the same time.

here's an example segment:

[22:05:19.604] Vaeevictiss's Immolate fades from Garrosh Hellscream
[22:05:32.917] Garrosh Hellscream afflicted by Immolate from Vaeevictiss
[22:05:46.860] Vaeevictiss's Immolate fades from Garrosh Hellscream
[22:05:48.611] Garrosh Hellscream afflicted by Immolate from Vaeevictiss
[22:05:57.474] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:06:06.285] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:06:13.926] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:06:35.020] Vaeevictiss's Immolate fades from Garrosh Hellscream
[22:06:35.240] Garrosh Hellscream afflicted by Immolate from Vaeevictiss
[22:06:41.311] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:06:54.933] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:07:07.006] Garrosh Hellscream's Immolate is refreshed by Vaeevictiss
[22:07:36.501] Vaeevictiss's Immolate fades from Garrosh Hellscream
[22:07:55.226] Garrosh Hellscream afflicted by Immolate from Vaeevictiss

which means:

immolate fades, you wait 13 seconds to recast immolate. (same instance from your canceled cast earlier)

immolate fades, you wait 2 seconds to recast immolate.

you correctly refresh immolate 7 times in a row with no downtime (although you may be clipping too much).

immolate fades, you wait 19 seconds to recast immolate.

that's a lot of downtime.

so between the canceled casts and plain old downtime from missing refreshes and the downtime from realm of yshaarj, it's pretty obvious why you have low immolate downtime. i dont think you are suffering from any kind of glitch, unless it's unique to your custom UI. if you have a stream/fraps then that would be conclusive.

• Like 1

hmm, well its probably all me on the missing, but im wondering if on the times im just refresing like crazy is because for some reason it isnt showing as being up on my UI. 

I know i should really watch AffDots more, but im so used to watching my timers. Im using Necrosis at the moment. I have noticed anomalies with this in the past actually...maybe should just used AffDots as my main timer and keep an eye on that instead. It seems to be pretty solid.

you're using necrosis? i thought that stopped getting updated years ago. you should check the last time it was updated. if it wasn't updated within the last year, get rid of it. use affdots or classtimer or needtoknow or weakauras.

you know, i tried like hell to get weakauras to work like a dot timer (i use it for damn near everything else tho), but i could never figure out a way to get it to show dots on things im not targeting. 

I know there are other timers out there but i tried a couple and none of them showed non targeted dots. Ill give the ones you mentioned a shot tho.

and my bad, its not necrosis that im using, its forte exorcist (i used necrosis prior to that), but the last time that was updated was sept 2012...so i guess ill get rid of that.

if you want timers on non-targets and non-focus, the best you can do is boss frames with debuff timers and/or tidyplates (nameplates) with debuff timers. blizzard does not support addons being able to track dots on every target.

Looking at your stats, I wonder if you might be clipping your immolate by "mashing" incinerate too soon...

I always hit a conflagrate after applying immolate, giving the gcd time so I can start spamming incinerate until I can chaos bolt.

In my experience, your mileage may vary, race/faction change to troll :D

Could your cast bar addon not be recognizing that you are not longer within range and instead it continues with the cast animation? Another reason I could think of is that you are moving too early?

Recheck all of your macros and make sure you are not using stopcasting macros. Also check your cast sequence macros, it could be that one of them is behaving in such way as to make you cancel your immolate.

Lastly, i would recomend that you try aff and see if the issue persists with any of the other dots.

I noticed the same issue a few times. It happened earlier when I was doing a flex IJ. Finished my cast, looked at affdots 2-3secs later and tada no immolate. It's god damn annoying.

If you play with KJC too much you could be used to trying to move too quickly and are actually interrupting the cast a split second before the end. I know sometimes on garrosh when immolating the weapon behind us that I swivel too soon and fail it that way.

Could your cast bar addon not be recognizing that you are not longer within range and instead it continues with the cast animation? Another reason I could think of is that you are moving too early?

Recheck all of your macros and make sure you are not using stopcasting macros. Also check your cast sequence macros, it could be that one of them is behaving in such way as to make you cancel your immolate.

Lastly, i would recomend that you try aff and see if the issue persists with any of the other dots.

ive actually been aff all xpac...actually since the start of wrath lol, and ive never seen the problem with anything until immo. UA is basically the same thing as Immo for aff and i never had it happen with that, so i dont think its because im moving.

glad to see it happened to someone else here though haha. 

Ill just go over my addons again this weekend and change some out. I believe my cast bars are going off ElvUI...i really cant remember off hand, i have way too many addons lol.

well i just got rid of forte and im just using AffDots set up as bars. Its definitively going to take some getting used to but i like it. Only have to watch one set of bars now. We'll see if i still have the Immolate issue.