Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ceraius

Shadow - Tier 3 talents and leveling

5 posts in this topic

Herro!

So I'm finding myself in the situation of leveling myself a shadow priest, and I'm contemplating between FDCL and SaI talents on the third tier.

Solace and Insanity to my understanding is more damage, and I intend to use this at 90, but in the leveling process (especially the early levels) things tend to die fast. Too fast for Insanity to be of much use. 

So I'm thinking if FDCL and the added bursty damage could be more beneficial for leveling. 

Mindbender wouln't be a bad choice either I reckon, but buffing a temporary minion doesn't really add to the fun factor.

Thoughts or ideas?

If insanity kills things too fast, they won't live long enough for FDCL to proc. with FDCL you need to have at least 3 things dotted for it to be all taht great.

insanity will be there if you need it to really slam some damage into something. if you are below level 80 you may want to go disc. its hilarious if you have heirlooms and windsong. your shields are OP, you heal by killing things and you will do more damage than a shadow until 80. i would q as dps and healer and healers would complain that they wouldnt get to do anything if i didnt go shadow. dont trust them, just kill everything as an invincible disc.

if you go disc, FDCL is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I'm mostly considering FDCL from a mass dotting standpoint. 

And I'm probably sticking to shadow to get aquainted with the spec and its mechanics while leveling so I don't feel lost at higher levels if i switch from another spec. Disc is too faceroll anyways :D

shadow priest dot timers is very nice, and so is gnosis. gnosis guestimates when your channeled spells tick so you can clip flay with optimal timing. this is really nice for insanity.

I have that feature baseline in ElvUI, and I intend to try and compare the dot timers addon and the priest plugin for affdots and see which suits me better and go with that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By zmandude24
      I'm considering taking on the challenge of the shadow priest as my guild needs ranged dps and the idea of a difficult but solid spec sounds fun, though I don't want to only be useful when I can keep up S2M and crap otherwise. I heard before 7.1.5 that they were weak dps until they master a broken talent and then skyrocket to the top of the meters.
    • By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By iLoveNny
      I have a lvl 104 MM hunter currently, with 7.1.5 I have heard BM is more viable. Should I A) switch my spec now for leveling B) keep MM for leveling but dump AP into BM artifact. 
      If "A" what should my basic build look like?

THanks for the help!
    • By Rambobulba
      Hi, im new to sub rouge, i respec from outlaw when i saw changes :))) love blizz, but now im at first hard choice, which talent (gloomblade is now getting a buff) is now most stabilized from lvl 15 stage, gloomblade, weapon master or master of subtlety?
      And to the secondary stats. I changed my items and put everywhere masterygems and enchants. But now i see that if i have too low versa i should add few gems or smth to get it to more %. What are the GOOD stats for sub rouge? I have 98% mastery with 375 food 6% versa 34% crit and 5% haste.
      PLX halp wanna respec to be atleast decent in items to nighthold
      Forgot to add, im mostly PVE player but i sometimes play pvp for AP/fun, so i think 10% versa is minimum for pvp but pve? 6% enough or should i get more and lower the mastery
      Ah and from legends, i use Ravenholdt insignia with prydaz>sephuz becouse of a lot mastery it gives (haste isnt that necessery)
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Rambobulba/simple