FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nefigah

Help with Heroic Leap

So, this seems like it would be a really cool skill, if I could get it to work with anything resembling consistency. Monk Roll worked exactly how I'd expect, Mage Blink seemed a bit glitchy, but Heroic Leap has me straight baffled.

How do I know when there won't be a path available? I've gotten this error even when trying to leap over seemingly flat terrain. Any tips you experienced guys could give?

There's isn't much we can do about heroic leap. It's been constantly inconsistent (>_>) ever since Blizzard introduced it.

The best way, I think, is to learn by experience. For instance, I know where I can use it to safely jump down from the towers on the Galakras encounter in SoO, whereas I know it doesn't work over the Circles on the ground in Sha of Pride's room.

If anyone has some other tips regarding that spell they'd be nice to hear, but for me it's really been "live and learn" with Heroic Leap.

You eventually get to the point where you think you have it figured out and then it'll give you a path error that makes no sense. Slightest bit of gravel? Can't possibly jump over that!