Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monics

Having a bit of trouble with dps.

2 posts in this topic

My name is Monics from Medivh. I've been having trouble sustaining over 145k dps as an arms warrior. I have a 522 pvp sword as an option for another sword if I were to go fury. Would it be wise to switch to fury hoping for better chance at higher dps? I'm a casual player my ilvl is 540 and I'd really like some help. And if you do decide to reply with helpful hints and advice please keep it to a "DPS for dummies" standard as I don't know details about spells et cetera. Thanks and may the loot be forever in your favor!

There isn't much I can do to help with that little information, but I'll do my best.

Your gear looks fine, though you could reforge the hit on your boots to something else since you're really high above the hit cap. 

If I were you, I would stay arms for now, because Fury can be really confusing to newcomers and takes a lot of time and practice to master. If you want to give it a try, go for it (a 522 weapon isn't horrible for your offhand especially if it has crit on it), though be aware that you may get worse results than arms until you practice Fury a lot.

As far as Arms goes, make sure that you hit Mortal Strike on cooldown. It is by far your most important ability, since it generates rage to cast your other stuff and Taste for Blood charges that allow you to cast overpower. If mortal strike is on CD, you want to use Colossus Smash if it's not already active on your target. Just watch out for its cooldown sometimes getting reset, be ready to use it asap when it happens. 

If Colossus Smash is active on your target, you want to use Mortal Strike > Slam (if you have 40+ rage) > Overpower.

If Colossus Smash is not active, you want to use Mortal Strike > Colossus Smash > Slam (if you have 80+ rage) > Overpower.

If, in either situation, you get close to maxing out your rage, you want to hit Heroic Strike once to dump a bit of it.

This is a quick overview of what arms should look like on single target, though I've omitted quite a lot of details. I won't go in too many details for AoE either, but there is the official Icy-Veins Arms warrior guide that is very detailed, and Sajakain also has another small guide in the stickies in this forums.

I hope this helps you, and feel free to ask any other question you have,

-rage