FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stoove

[Gauging Interest] Resto Shaman Stats Guide

So, what is a good crit rating or percentage to have at 550 ilvl? Currently I am running with a 33% haste (buffed), 79% mastery, and 15% crit....Last night I got some new gear and I need to re-gem & re-forge, so now I am wondering If I should reconsider and input a %age on my edited weights for mrrobot to calculate.  Is crit more optimal than mastery now? I usually have pretty high numbers in healing, but I would like to be optimal and up to par if what I have isn't the best at the moment.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Mojofosho/simple

So, what is a good crit rating or percentage to have at 550 ilvl? Currently I am running with a 33% haste (buffed), 79% mastery, and 15% crit....Last night I got some new gear and I need to re-gem & re-forge, so now I am wondering If I should reconsider and input a %age on my edited weights for mrrobot to calculate.  Is crit more optimal than mastery now? I usually have pretty high numbers in healing, but I would like to be optimal and up to par if what I have isn't the best at the moment.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Mojofosho/simple

Crit is a better throughput stat in many cases, because it heals a lot no matter the hp levels. It's really the best in Normal mode raiding or below right now. Once you're sat at a Haste breakpoint, it's usually OK to just put as much into Crit as possible. (Protip: on AMR, make the stat weight for Crit slightly more than half the stat weight for Int).

In Heroics Mastery is also good, and it's a matter of taste. Some people go for Mastery (especially in 25man where the cooldowns reign), and some for Crit. It's good to experiment.

However, this thread is intended simply to gauge the need for a stat guide, not to give people specific advice. If you would like personal advice, please create your own thread. I have got the information I need, and I am now locking the thread.

My thanks to everyone for their opinions and participation.