FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
aogood

fine tuning my arcane mage

Hello all, I am in need of advice for fine tuning my arcane mage. I would like to squeeze all of the dps out of her that I can. Below are my armory links and a recent World of Logs. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Joh%C3%A0nne/advanced

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9s6xtp99o84bdmb3/details/2/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nn1soq0z1z1kji3q/details/3/

Please let me know if you have any advice

Thanks,

Johanne

You are 0.7% under hit cap. reach it!

Using Ice Barrier is a DPS loss. Swap to Temporal shield! :)

Glyph of Arcane Power is a DPS loss as well, Cone of Cold could be much more beneficial for aoe for example.

Your leg and shoulder gems are off, as you loose the socket bonus because of those. The legs is kinda okay, but in the shoulder slot you loose 120 intellect because of that. I'd suggest using ask mr. robot to optimize your gear. :)

Looking at Malkorok fight although I realize this is a bit:

You slow falled the thingy... If you use blink immediately, you will spend less time in the air wasted.

You had 80% uptime of Living bomb, which could easily be even 100% on that fight.

RoP was only 70% uptime. This could also be a bit higher. Although I understand that you have to soak stuffs. But with the combination of Blink (with rapid displacement) or alternatively Blazing speed this shouldn't be a problem. Blink out, soak, blink back. 

You used Alter Time only once for 2 seconds. That is a huge DPS loss. Try to examine that part of our guide.

I cannot see the use of any mana gems. That is a DPS loss as well. :)

I didn't want to replace the gems before talking with someone as i didn't want to put them in and then be told to change stuff! smile.png those will be fixed asap....I will try to work on living bomb....seems i have it up all the time, I guess I need to focus more on it. I do slow fall on the thing...but its right as i'm hitting the floor...so blinking would be beneficial, as it will make it quicker. 

Thanks again,

Johanne

Edited by aogood

I didn't want to replace the gems before talking with someone as i didn't want to put them in and then be told to change stuff! smile.png those will be fixed asap....I will try to work on living bomb....seems i have it up all the time, I guess I need to focus more on it. I do slow fall on the thing...but its right as i'm hitting the floor...so blinking could be beneficial, as it will make it quicker. 

Thanks again,

Johanne

That's why we are here! :)

If you happen to have more concerns about your DPS after paying more attention to these, don't hesitate to ask. I admit I am not a perfect arcane mage (I'm rather frost) so I might have easily overlooked something. :)

Looking at Iron Juggernaut, your Living Bomb uptime is only 81.9%, this needs to be 95% at least, preferably higher, though I understand if you get knocked back too far, you may miss a second here and there.

Only 72.5% uptime on RoP, that needs to be higher too. Some arcane mages like to use Blazing Speed, but I personally like using Ice Floes in a macro with RoP so I can set it down as I move, so when I stop moving, I'm already buffed and can immediately cast AB or AM.

I'm confused as to why you have Slow Fall on Iron Juggernaut at all, that's a waste of a GCD, and thus a dps loss.

As Oltier said above, Ice Barrier is a dps loss, swap to Temporal Shield and learn to use it, it's a great defensive cd.

I slow fall in order to take the crawler mines....greater invise and then slow fall = no damage I will make that macro....seems really useful... seems i have to work to do on the RoP and living bomb! will for sure look into those and let ya know how things are going

Again, on Iron Juggernaut. You can use Blink immediately, before you fly up and you will have less downtime. :)

Yeah, the macro is real simple:

#showtooltip Rune of Power

/cast Ice Floes

/cast Rune of Power

Because of the charge system Ice Floes uses, you should always have at least one charge when you need to use it. Hope it makes keeping RoP up easier :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this