FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Horcored

Resto druid vs. Nazgrim HC

Hey, I am here to get some tips about Nazgrim HC as a resto druid and i'm currently 7/14hc, with all bosses up to nazgrim done.

I just cant seem to handle the sniper, everytime i get it on me, it starts to shoot and hits me like 340k each hit and around a 2-3sec between each cast + multishots. Since we prio mage and shamans first, i'll have no one stunning the sniper, what should i do to stay alive?

Any tip will be helpful here

Dude, you're not alone and that sniper is going to target you so often, its dumb.  

Basically, all you can do is make sure your other healers are watching tank/raid and you need to fully commit to yourself.  Put your mushroom underneath you, have a health stone ready, (hell get a health pot too, or alchemist rejuv potion if your alchemy).

Keep all your hots up on yourself, use Regrowth, and use either Bloom, Health stone, Health pot (ONE AT A TIME, don't spam them all).  Then the next thing you can do is pop Might of Ursoc, regrowth yourslef a couple times and go back bear form before he shoots again, throw in a barkskin when you can and pop a Frenzied regeneration when you switch to bear.

Another option, is a symbiosis target.  Ice Block and deterrence can help you for a bit, while Fort Brew and Icebound Fortitude can be chained with your other defensive.

Just do your best with surviving, it is pretty difficult.  If you have a paladin, have him use Hand of Protection on you as well towards the end when you've blown everything.  (Hand of Sacrifice also helps).

When you get to the last 10%, make sure you get that BoP as soon as they start attacking you cause the chances are you'll get 2 on you and get one shot while the raid focuses the boss.

I agree with (almost) everything Krazyito said (especially the HoT part, Lifebloom 3 stacks appears to be a hudge relief), I would also add that you can stun it with Mighty Bash -I took the habit to build some combo points on the sniper and stun it as a cat, then Mighty bash them- (beware it misses sometimes), you can also take a Flask of the Earth on that fight (in my opinion, this fight doesn't require that much healing throughput) which will scale well with your bear form, Typhoon at the end of a cast allow you to avoid 1 hit etc... You can also take Renew if you're still struggling, but don't forget to switch to bear form before you use it.

Moreover don't forget to ask to your mates mitigations cd (especially when you have the physical DoT during the berserk stance) such as Hand of Sacrifice/Purity, Vigilance etc...

But I wouldn't Ice Block, or ask for a BoP, it seems that, invulnerability reset the sniper's target, and we had a couple of time the sniper switching on one of your dps making the fight messier.

Bop definitely works and hadn't killed any one in my raid because of it. I know that for a fact.

I don't k of why your Raiders died, but it could be that you're not positioning correctly?

I always have my bback right on top of a wall around the room, and the rest of my Raiders just don't put themselves in between the sniper and me.

Thanks for alot of good tips, its not that my raiders are dying, its me as the healer who keep dying =S

Also, it dosnt help that the whole raid keeps standing in the shockwave either =(

Well, we're going at it tonight, so i'll try out the tips i've gotten here, and hopefully we'll get no problems =)

Any more tips is highly appriciated.

Nop it was not about positionning (at least not entirely), it was about switching targets, after a BoP, the sniper switched on our shadowpriest (as far as I know it's not supposed to happen), who were in the middle of the room with the other caster, he didn't noticed it and they were cleaved.

I don't know if the BoP made the sniper crazy, but the switching was just after the BoP so I deduced it triggered the switch (but I could be wrong, it's just an assumption).

Thanks alot for the help guys, with me being able to not die, we only wiped once and killed it =D

But now is a bigger challange, Malkorok hc =P

Good luck with Malkorok. I had 120 wipes below my belt until we finally killed him last night. Been a real brick wall for us biggrin.png

Best tip I can give you about malkorok is keep calm and disciplined and focus on the tacs. The fight is really punishing even for small mistakes.

Edited by Ceraius

Well, i agree with what u said about not being very forgiving.

Our 4th or 5th try we actually got him to 38%, but after that its just became worse and worse, prob cuz we were starting to get tired, so after around 20 wipes we just cleared it all on normal for new tries next week =P