Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vipples

Single Talent Macro for Each Tier

6 posts in this topic

I was working on fixing my shadowburn macro this afternoon, and decided to revisit my Talent Tier Macro's. I had found some for my other classes, but didnt find any for locks so I figured I would share them on here in case anyone was interested. 

These allow you to swap out your talents freely, but you don't have to drag the spell to your bars every time. It'll just change the icon and use the new talent you pick. The one issue is that the icon will only change after you use it for the first time AFTER you swap talents. 

To get these to work correctly, the macro name needs to match whats referenced in the macro itself.

MacroName: Tier2

#showtooltip
/use Shadowfury
/use Mortal Coil
/use Demonic Breath
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Tier2", G"Mortal Coil" or G"Shadowfury" or "Demonic Breath")

MacroName: Tier3

#showtooltip
/use Dark Bargain
/use Sacrificial Pact
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Tier3", G"Sacrificial Pact" or G"Dark Bargain" or "Soul Link")

MacroName: Tier4

#showtooltip
/use Burning Rush
/use Unbound Will
/use Blood Horror
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("Tier4", G"Unbound Will" or G"Burning Rush" or "Blood Horror")

I don't have a swappable macro for the other tiers as they either only have one active ability, or I never use anything other than one talent in that tier tongue.png

For Tier3, there's obivously only two active abilities, but I kept the third passive ability in the GetSpellInfo so that the icon would update if you tried to use it. I haven't used these in a while, but just after some testing they seem to be working with all of the spells. Let me know if you run into any issues or find some typos. And if anyone knows how to get the icon to update prior to hitting it for the first time, that would be much appreciated! biggrin.png

Edited by Vipples

Awesome, I'll be stealing those!

With regard to the Tier 2 macro, I propose you add a /stopcasting clause at the top. Especially in the case of Shadowfury when you need your stuns to be on point. (Example being the first intermission on heroic garrosh).

talentmacros can do it too .)

after installing just type /talentmacros  there will be crate it will create 6 macros  named t1 t2 -6

in them only written same thing but they will work same way as written macros

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros

6a06704cb6008a83a8e91a772a162ffa.jpg

Edited by Scorp
2 people like this

Nice! I didn't know there was an addon for that. I'll have to look into that badboy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, Rogue, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Combo Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Misterez
      Nomads is a social guild with a semi hardcore mythic raiding team at Quel'Thalas/Azjol-Nerub, our guild is one of the oldest on the server with 8 years under it’s belt.
      Our Progress: 7/7M EN, 2/3H ToV and +12-14 Mythics.

We are a friendly social guild and We like to enjoy the game and see all of the content it has to offer.

We do all of the mythics every week and also lots of m+ runs.

Our raiding atmosphere is super chilled, we don't tolerate toxicity and bm of any kind.
      As a mythic raider you’re expected to be here for raids, doesn’t have to be all of them every week, but we need to know we can count on you when we need you.

Our raid times are (server time): 
      Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday => 20:30 - 23:30 (mythic raids)

We have bonus raids for farm content:
      Friday => 20:45 - 22:00 (EN heroic)
      Saturdays => 20:45 - 22:00 (EN normal)
      Mondays => 20:00 to 23:00-24:00 (ToV HC run)

The team looks really strong and we’re want to fill out some missing spots in our Ranged DPS department,
      We’re mostly looking for Hunters/Mages and could also use a strong Warlock/ShadowPriest.
      For healers : any very good healer would do, pref Druid/Priest.

Contact Us:
      Shamdi (Assistant Mythic team leader) => Mistere#2792
      Tygarmark (Mythic team leader) => mark#23979
      Myrisus (Assistant Mythic team leader) => cyrisus#2500
    • By Namuria
      Hey ho! :)
      There are two new Macros since 7.1 for Spells which you have to place with the cursor (green circle), like our Metamorphose or for example: Shaman's Healing Rain.
      The old Way:
      - Press Button
      - move green circle
      - klick to place

NOW and much faster, there are two new ways:

Way One - At Player:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@player] Metamorphose
      If you Press the Button with this macro, there is NO cursor-move and NO click.
      You char will use Meta instant without moving a meter.
      This one is nice if you are staying in group of enemys and don't want to risk beeing out of range after using your Meta.

Way Two - At Cursor:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@cursor] Metamorphose
      BEFORE using this macro you have to place your cursor at your target/ground/...
      If you press the Meta-Button now there is no more to do. Your DH will Meta-Jump to the cursor-point. So there is NO click.
      This is a nice one to enter a fight.Here you can add something like /use Potion of the Old War or/and /use Chaosblades, too.

I'm using both for the situations which I explained.

Hope it will help you!
      Done my best with my english - hope you will understand!

Greetings from Namuria