FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akraen

Alter Time is At Risk! - Read & Sign to Save It!

I hope you only mean the above mentioned special occasion...

Under normal circumstances, only bads cancel alter time early.

Or if RNG strikes. But RNG is bad.

I must have the best RNG in the world, then. I've never used AT when it would hurt me.

Like seriously you guys can't possibly be talking about the most important AT of the fight, which is on pull, right?

Then the second one goes off sometime within use of or 6 sec from expiration of icy veins. Why aren't people calculating during the fight when the best time is to use icy veins again?

All I see from the nay-sayers is bad play and being unwilling to admit that they could be doing something better in order to cut down or prevent "bad RNG" which I think is just "bad planning" - man up and do it right.

I must have the best RNG in the world, then. I've never used AT when it would hurt me.

Like seriously you guys can't possibly be talking about the most important AT of the fight, which is on pull, right?

Then the second one goes off sometime within use of or 6 sec from expiration of icy veins. Why aren't people calculating during the fight when the best time is to use icy veins again?

All I see from the nay-sayers is bad play and being unwilling to admit that they could be doing something better in order to cut down or prevent "bad RNG" which I think is just "bad planning" - man up and do it right.

I was actually thinking nazgrim heroic leaps, but that is the only thing I can come up with.

Why wouldn't you just hit GI, then capture the damage redux from it?

Oh come on :P

Sadly Akraen, because that's the mentality of a great majority of players. Instead of admitting they could be doing better, they blame other circumstances in the game.

See: every Moba game ever.

100% agree with what you are saying, that Alter Time deaths are simply the result of sloppy play.

So am I also the only one who captures Temporal Shield before AT?

Like seriously, I'll never make fun of someone who is learning; but I will use all the weight of the internet to crush someone who makes bogus claims that there's a problem with an ability when they could be using it better.

I screw it up too, I'm human-- I blame me not the ability, then I do better next time.

• Like 2

So am I also the only one who captures Temporal Shield before AT?

I think you were, I'm going to macro TS in AT when I come home from work :P

• Like 1

I Think that a petition would be better served outside of a forum thread so the devs could see the petition and then reference a thread like this for more involved feedback.

Oh their decision is already made, we're keeping Alter Time, but it's getting changed.

Details about it are TBA, though. I'm unable to provide any more detail.

Purpose of this thread now is mostly just to convince people to use the ability better and keep awareness out there that just because something has a learning curve doesn't mean to whine about it. :)

Akraen, if you have a line to the devs, I kindly ask that you pass the following on to them. smile.png

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I thought of it and I'm going to throw it out there.

I think that the most elegant fix would be to create Glyphs for AT. Call em "Additive Alteration", or "Selective Alteration", or "Positional Alteration" or whatever. Ideas for the things the possible Glyph or Glyphs could do:

-Any buffs/debuffs gained during Alter Time do not drop off when Alter Time ends. However, your Health and Mana are no longer captured.
-Position is no longer captured with Alter Time
-Alter Time's duration is increased to 1 minute, but only Position, Health, and Mana are captured

Debuffs gained have to stay too, if not a mage could benefit from heroism twice. If a mage wants to use AT for situational survival in regards to debuffs, there's always the unglyphed version. By buffs gained not dropping off, if the mage sees that he's going to be yanked back to a dangerous spot, he could preemptively Ice Block.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Seem like solid thoughts to me! So solid that I suggested that myself to them.

However, I think we're just getting the DPS portion removed entirely and it'll be a talent along with Mirror Images and Greater Invis (cold snap goes back to frost only, non-talent; cauterize is removed).

We will have to choose between Mirror Images, Greater Invis and Time Warp? But but but, that's horrible.

I sign this petition!

Even if the decision was still made for Alter Time, i sign it retrospectively for all the good spells that were taken in the past!

And maybe Blizz will take this request as a sign and reconsider the planed prune of spells.