FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Muri

Do I break Tier 16 4 pc?

Hello.

I'm an Assassination Rogue with the 4 piece tier 16. Gloves and pants 553 (Celestials), helm and chest 540 (Flex). I also have Warforged shoulders 559 (Ordos). I just picked up the Warforged helm 559 (Ordos) so my question is do I break the 4 piece set, and swap helms?

If not, is there a time when I should break the 4 piece set? What about the 2 piece, do you ever break that? If I have all Warforged gear is it worth breaking 2 piece?

I'm also assuming that heroic 2 and 4 piece trumps Warforged, but what about the sets from normal?

I realize I'm throwing in a lot of what-if type of questions here, but I don't want to have to post again later if I am fortunate enough to pick up more gear.

Thanks,

-Muri (Borean Tundra)

Usual answer about gear: check shadowcraft (http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com)

From fierydemise (rogue theorycrafter who helps with shadowcraft)

"T16 2pc is also a very strong set bonus and should be a high priority. T16 4pc by contrast is very weak and may not be worth using compared to several pieces of higher ilvl. Note that ShadowCraft somewhat undervalues T16 4pc so if the difference between T16 4pc and offset gear are very close T16 4pc may be worth using."

So, go to shadowcraft and import your character

Switch the helm, do some reforging if necessary, and see if there's a big improvement

Currently, shadowcraft says 270k DPS (not quite a true reflection of what you should be doing, but it's close on single-target fights). Switching the helm for the Ordos one, gemming, upgrading, and reforging, gives you +196 DPS (that's 196, not 196000). In terms of real DPS, I'd be very impressed if you noticed a difference of 200 DPS in the game.

Given the statement about shadowcraft undervaluing the 4-set bonus, it's probably safe to say that it's not worth switching.

Even with warforged legs and chest (Ordos doesn't drop gloves) you get a 1.3k increase in DPS, which is roughly 0.5% over your current gear. It's not a hard and fast rule, but generally I don't consider anything <1% to be worth upgrading, gemming and reforging all my gear for, but you may feel differently.

Edited by Falcifer

if you plan on getting normal mode gear for T16 as in the rest of it in normal set. dont bother to upgrade, as Falcifer said such a minor dps increase it is hardly worth worth the effort along with price. just sit on it for now. or if you want that small increase like i do just go for it. 4 set in the long run would probably work out more in benefit.