Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Basic Hunter Deck

14 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, but this deck is absolutely horrible.

It's okay early game, but by turn 7 you're out of cards and there's no reliable way to get more. Truly terrible.

I'm sorry, but this deck is absolutely horrible.

It's okay early game, but by turn 7 you're out of cards and there's no reliable way to get more. Truly terrible.

This is a Basic deck. This means that your card-drawing options are limited. Even so, it includes 2 Starving Buzzards, which can draw you a number of cards (just make sure you hold on to the Buzzards until you can play on or more other beasts on the same turn). It also includes 2 Novice Engineers. There isn't really much more card draw you can get beyond that.

Just generate and maintain card advantage by wisely using your cards. Do not squander them. For example, never play Kill Command, Arcane Shot, or even the Battlecries of the Elven Archer or Ironforge Rifleman to damage the opponent (unless you can actually kill them). Instead, save these cards to use against the enemy minions, and to protect your own minions.

What is the reason for Tundra rhino in this deck? Especially 2 of them? There are not that many beasts in the deck and on its own its not that good enough imo. Wouldn't Frostwolf Warlord be a better choice? Otherwise the only big minion in this deck will be the champion. What about tundra rhino + core hound?

This is a Basic deck. This means that your card-drawing options are limited. Even so, it includes 2 Starving Buzzards, which can draw you a number of cards (just make sure you hold on to the Buzzards until you can play on or more other beasts on the same turn). It also includes 2 Novice Engineers. There isn't really much more card draw you can get beyond that.

Just generate and maintain card advantage by wisely using your cards. Do not squander them. For example, never play Kill Command, Arcane Shot, or even the Battlecries of the Elven Archer or Ironforge Rifleman to damage the opponent (unless you can actually kill them). Instead, save these cards to use against the enemy minions, and to protect your own minions.

I cannot agree with this more, I have actually had more success with this deck than I have the Low Budget one (well the pre-March 12 update) and it really comes down to timing and eliminating higher threats with battlecries and spells.

What is the reason for Tundra rhino in this deck? Especially 2 of them? There are not that many beasts in the deck and on its own its not that good enough imo. Wouldn't Frostwolf Warlord be a better choice? Otherwise the only big minion in this deck will be the champion. What about tundra rhino + core hound?

Should you be considering swapping out the Rhinos, you would be better off with Boulderfist Ogre rather than Frostwolf Warlord in this particular deck, however keep in mind that each beast you take out of the deck diminishes the value of your Starving Buzzard and Houndmaster.

Should you be considering swapping out the Rhinos, you would be better off with Boulderfist Ogre rather than Frostwolf Warlord in this particular deck, however keep in mind that each beast you take out of the deck diminishes the value of your Starving Buzzard and Houndmaster.

You should consider keeping the rhinos, dropping all non beast/non hunter cards and load this with beasts.  Did whoever built this guide even play a hunter deck?

I find that now that my deck has more strategy, I keep drawing cards that buff beast minions, but almost never draw beasts. So, I'll be left sitting there with beast-buffing cards and no beasts drawn. IcyVeins claims luck has little to do with success, but the three most recent practice rounds I played with this deck, I lost because I drew all minion-buffers and no beasts. If it's not luck, then I'm guessing it's the deck build.

Will try getting rid of neutral cards and replacing with beasts.

The basic deck is better then this!

This is the basic deck.

This is the basic deck.

I assume he meant the one you get automatically from the beginning, called "Basic deck". Oh, the confusing names.

I find that now that my deck has more strategy, I keep drawing cards that buff beast minions, but almost never draw beasts. So, I'll be left sitting there with beast-buffing cards and no beasts drawn.

Excact same thing. After 2 rounds losing to the computer expert opponent I've given up on this build. There are no beasts in the deck to actually buff. I kept on holding onto my buffs, waiting for the beast cards to drop and they never came. My Starving Buzzards would just sit there useless because I had no beasts to play them along side.

I've had success with the Rogue deck but this Hunter deck I just can't get results with.

9/30 changelog updates aren't reflected in the deck itself.

9/30 changelog updates aren't reflected in the deck itself.

Hey, I had actually messed up the changelog pretty badly tongue.png It should be fixed now ^^

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0