FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Basic Priest Deck

The Shattered Sun Cleric is only a 3/2, not a 3/3 monster anymore.

Thank you. Should be fixed now.

Went 5-1 with this in ranked just now. Nice. Thx. 

You are welcome!

Guest Merhawk aka. Mik

Just got to Rank 20 easily by using that deck! I just lost once, but that was due to me playing bad. Thanks for the deck, I'll now set out and get the crafting for the Low Budget deck started. (:

Just got to Rank 20 easily by using that deck! I just lost once, but that was due to me playing bad. Thanks for the deck, I'll now set out and get the crafting for the Low Budget deck started. (:

That's great! Keep it up!

Guest Eric

This deck was awful. Just went 1-12 with it. It has no early game what soever and cannot compete with any type of damage dealing. It is only effective if you can get extremely lucky with your cards and the other person has no anti minion. Honestly terrible.

This deck was awful. Just went 1-12 with it. It has no early game what soever and cannot compete with any type of damage dealing. It is only effective if you can get extremely lucky with your cards and the other person has no anti minion. Honestly terrible.

I'm just not sure how you can say that this deck has no early game. 18 out of its 30 cards cost 3 or less mana (and among those, only a few could even be argued to be situational cards).

If you went 1-12 with this deck, I can only see two possible scenarios:

1) You faced predominantly opponents with very strong decks (with many rare, epic, and possibly even legendary cards). If this is the case, there's really not much you can do. Remember that this is a Basic-only deck, and it does in no way propose to be a rival to decks with access to non-Basic cards.

2) You played the deck sub-optimally. This is very often the case, and the cause for a lot of "bad deck" complaints. If you could be a bit more specific, or ideally if you could provide some video footage of a few of your games, I'm sure I could be more helpful.

Best regards.

This deck helped me a lot and was my strongest of all basic decks on here, i was able to beat my friends with it. And they'd been playing for a month or so already before i joined in on the fun thanks.

• Like 1

Guest ael

I disenchanted a bunch of epics and my only legendary to build this deck. 

Please dont make the same mistake I did. Very luck based deck that will get trumped by 9/10 rush decks. Only case it works is if your opponent fails to counter.

Very very bad.. thanks for wasting my 600 dust ...

I disenchanted a bunch of epics and my only legendary to build this deck. 

Please dont make the same mistake I did. Very luck based deck that will get trumped by 9/10 rush decks. Only case it works is if your opponent fails to counter.

Very very bad.. thanks for wasting my 600 dust ...

You... disenchanted cards to craft a... basic deck? I don't understand how that's possible. This deck costs 0 (zero) Arcane Dust to craft. Every player who has a level 10 Priest has this deck.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Every player who has a level 10 Priest has this deck.

Hi Vlad, ok, so I am going to try this game out.  I am trying to find the deck info, heck any info, but I am not having any luck.  sad.png  I am probably not looking in the correct place.  Please point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Hi Vlad, ok, so I am going to try this game out.  I am trying to find the deck info, heck any info, but I am not having any luck.  sad.png  I am probably not looking in the correct place.  Please point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

I'm not exactly sure what you are having difficulty with, but I'll try to help you out.

First, get the Battle.net launcher thingy (from your battle.net account), which allows you to launch and play Hearthstone.

Then, once in-game, follow the tutorial (it's strictly linear so you can't go wrong) until you're done with it. This will have unlocked you the Mage class, and all the Neutral Basic cards in the game.

Then, go to "My Collection" and create a new deck for the Mage class. In that deck, include all the cards you have from this deck (replace the ones you are missing with cards such as Senjin Shieldmasta and War Golem). Using this new Mage deck, play against the AI ("Practice") and defeat other classes in order to unlock them too.

From then on, it should be fairly obvious how to continue. Use the "My Collection" menu to create and edit decks.

If you have any difficulties, don't hesitate to ask.

I think you might have a troll problem...i was also dumbfounded by that poster who supposedly disenchanted cards to build the basic deck that requires 0 dust to create....very suspect. Perhaps he's from a rival website?

• Like 1

Guest Ch0pP33r

Very cool Deck! 

started with it from rank 25 and went easily to rank 10. With only 3 minor changes (no legendary). For starters one of the best decks that you can have!

Thanks a lot

Guest Guus

hey all,

I first tried this deck a few weeks ago (europe) and found some things lacking, so I changed some (with non-basic cards) and started winning. So far no problem.

Then today trying my improved deck and I lost bigtime! So, I went back to the basic and, voila, apart form extreme adversaries (excelent decks) I fared very well. Mind you, only the basics you guys show here!

Just goes to show that the meta game has some influence on what is a good deck!

Good job. The deck is balanced en works very well, dispite changes in the metagame.

Guest Fierza

Just wondering on what changes would be most optimal when switching in expert cards. I got these expert cards that could be used:

Faceless, Knife Juggler, Acolyte, Harvest Golem, Azure Drake x2, Temple Enforcer, Inner Fire, Sunfury Protector x2, Silver Hand Knight and Argent Commander.

Already made this switch:

Ogre-> Temple Enforcer

So all in all, wondering what the better switches would be with my cards.

Guest Kai

This is a really fantastic deck, and the first one I'd point any new player to who just finished the tutorials and is looking for the first class to play after Mage.  It's also a good skeleton that's easily tweakable (i.e. Croc -> Sunfury Protector) once the good cards start rolling in.

Thanks.

Guest phillfry

Deck is great but I made a few tweeks. Drooped boulder fist for a storm wind and org magi. Tossed out a few draw cards for +1 spell cards. Its a game changer when holy Nova hits for 3 instead of 2

Guest phillfry

Deck is great but I made a few tweeks. Drooped boulder fist for a storm wind and org magi. Tossed out a few draw cards for +1 spell cards. Its a game changer when holy Nova hits for 3 instead of 2

So after my tweeks I'm running into problems. What can I drop for spell power cards. I think that the #1 spell power cards are more vital then the draw cards. We have the cleric for draw cards during healing. Overall I'm face rolling damn near everyone. Why are priests ranked so low?!!! P.s bump

So after my tweeks I'm running into problems. What can I drop for spell power cards. I think that the #1 spell power cards are more vital then the draw cards. We have the cleric for draw cards during healing. Overall I'm face rolling damn near everyone. Why are priests ranked so low?!!! P.s bump

You can easily take out 1 Mindcontrol and 2 Novice Engineer, however Spellpower in Priests is generally weak - it effects only Holy Smite and Holy Nova. These cards may seem decent with Spellpower, however the minions that provide it will be inferior to your opponent's, which will cause you new problems.

Priests in are played in ranked, however compared to some other classes, Priest indeed appears weak sometimes.

Guest GinnG

A very nice deck, I made some changes due to I have some other cards which I prefer.

I took out:

Holy Smite * 2

Novice Engineer * 2

Gurubashi Berserker * 2

Ogre * 2

Place in:

Inner Fire * 1

DS * 1

Acolyte of Pain * 2

Injured Blademaster * 1

Lightspawn * 1

Azure Drake * 1

Cairne Bloodhoof * 1

I personally prefer acolyte of pain instead of nov eng, this is due to I try to gain early draw power/control power. DS+inner fire works great to buff my mob when I need finisher.

I try to enhance my draw power, both northshire/aop can be play with 3mana in early of game(Usually I can have very good drawing power unless I really have 0 Powerword/AoP/Northshire for 5rounds), I will try to control with spell and low cost mob, MC comes in for late control/finish, DS+IF for finisher.

Any suggestion from Mod to further enhance my deck?

Guest Kaelin

I saw someone refer to a budget priest deck - I can create the free deck, but now that I have some more cards, and dust - I'd be curious as to that budget or even a ladder deck. 

Is there a central listing of all basic, budget, and ladder decks?  I got here via an article that cited this deck and provided a link to the free deck (eurogamer.net) -- I'd appreciate a more general reference, if there is one?

Thank you! smile.png

Sign in to follow this