FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S7 Hearthstone Basic Priest Deck

I saw someone refer to a budget priest deck - I can create the free deck, but now that I have some more cards, and dust - I'd be curious as to that budget or even a ladder deck. 

Is there a central listing of all basic, budget, and ladder decks?  I got here via an article that cited this deck and provided a link to the free deck (eurogamer.net) -- I'd appreciate a more general reference, if there is one?

Thank you! smile.png

http://hearthstone.icy-veins.com/decks-and-guides-for-constructed-play

Not sure if this is what you meant.

• Like 1

Guest Loxu

I have only played this game in "non ranked" games, but this deck is really strong for a basic deck !! I hardly ever loose to someone with a "basic" deck and can still compete quite well against people with rare/epics/legendary cards.

I think the beginning of the game is quite crucial, and you need to try to maintain the control of the board as much as possible, destroy ennemy minions whenever you can and try to use drawing mechanisms as much as possible to have a wide range of possibilities to counter your oppenent's moves.

Guest Dom

I ran this deck with only one real change... switched boulderfist for temple enforcer (which I got REALLY early from packs).

That deck took me as high as rank 14, although now i've regressed back to 16/17. Overall the deck is really solid for one that uses almost exclusively basics. The main issue I have is playing against aggro decks. I get swarmed early game and then ultimately I'm not able to recover. I'm thinking about switching out one of the mind controls now, because lately the decks I've been matched with aren't running a true finisher. Without a "worthwhile" target to mind control, the card (in my opinion) just sits in your hand, useless. 

I ran this deck with only one real change... switched boulderfist for temple enforcer (which I got REALLY early from packs).

That deck took me as high as rank 14, although now i've regressed back to 16/17. Overall the deck is really solid for one that uses almost exclusively basics. The main issue I have is playing against aggro decks. I get swarmed early game and then ultimately I'm not able to recover. I'm thinking about switching out one of the mind controls now, because lately the decks I've been matched with aren't running a true finisher. Without a "worthwhile" target to mind control, the card (in my opinion) just sits in your hand, useless. 

Hey, Dom

Unfortunately the issue you mentioned persists all the way to the top for priests - aggressive decks can often be a problem if the board gets out of control and you get overwhelmed.

On a basic level, your options are very limited and it will mostly come down to your/your opponent's draw, however once you start introducing expert cards, combos with Wild Pyromancer can help you establish control, while Circle of Healing combos become essential when playing on higher ranks. Auchenai Soulpriest + CoH will give you that extra AoE you need against aggressive decks, while Injured Blademaster + CoH can give you insane board value early on and you can easily turn your hero power into value.

Mindcontrol is too slow as you mentioned and the only reason why we include it in basic/low budget decks, is to allow the player to stand up to decks that have slightly higher budget.

Guest NOAH

I just MC'd a Ragnaros against a Warrior with this deck.

3-0 thus far at Rank 14.

This deck is underrated and very effective.

I also added a Defender of Argus and removed a Acidic Swamp Ooze.

I wanted some more taunt in order to draw out the late game to get to some use out of my MC.

Anymore improvements I should consider? I basically have little to no cards but I can disenchant some golds I have received. 

Thanks,

Noah

Circle of Healing and Injured Blademaster can be pretty useful and are cards that you do not cost too much to craft.

Guest mijochda

Hi, Just wanted to point out that currently the information about card choices and card swaps on this deck doesn't seem to match up. They each refer to cards that aren't actually in the deck list. I suspect its an oversight that occured during a deck update at some point.

I would particularly love to see it updated, as I am still very new and from what I can tell this looks like the best hero for me to have success while I save all the coins I need to get out of basic decks, but I really need the explanation on how the cards should be used.

Thanks so much for sharing your decks guys, this website is helping me heaps!

Guest Steve

I have a stupid question.  The card list comes to 30 cards.  I noticed in the card list that Darkscale Healer is not listed.  Yet it is mentioned as the card choice in the summary?  How is Darkscale Healer in the deck if it isn't even listed?  Very confused... as there is no room for 2 of these since it already totals to 30.

Sign in to follow this