FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Hearthstone Low Budget Rogue Aggro Deck

Guest dark emperor

this deck is a joke for a lot o f reasons

1)if the opponent plays with taunts it completely destroys yours startegy because you have to sacrifice a lot of cards to get past them Sen'jin Shieldmasta is a good example

2)The fact that you have a lot of low energy minions to play in the first turns to quicly reduce the life of your opponent does not work very well because there are lot of cards that can destroy this strategy such as AOE

3)I think the biggest problem of the deck is the lack of late game cards so if your opponent plays a really good card a 8/8 for example or a paladin buff his monster with blessing of kings there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. The deck does not even have assasinate to deal with such a problem. If the match progress beyond round 7 all you are going to have is relatively weak monsters with very few exceptions while your opponent can play very strong cards and by that i dont mean legendaries and rares but simply cards that all decks have like Ironbark Protector Stormwind Champion Boulderfist Ogre

this deck is a joke for a lot o f reasons

1)if the opponent plays with taunts it completely destroys yours startegy because you have to sacrifice a lot of cards to get past them Sen'jin Shieldmasta is a good example

2)The fact that you have a lot of low energy minions to play in the first turns to quicly reduce the life of your opponent does not work very well because there are lot of cards that can destroy this strategy such as AOE

3)I think the biggest problem of the deck is the lack of late game cards so if your opponent plays a really good card a 8/8 for example or a paladin buff his monster with blessing of kings there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. The deck does not even have assasinate to deal with such a problem. If the match progress beyond round 7 all you are going to have is relatively weak monsters with very few exceptions while your opponent can play very strong cards and by that i dont mean legendaries and rares but simply cards that all decks have like Ironbark Protector Stormwind Champion Boulderfist Ogre

Hey dark emperor,

1. Sen'jin Shieldmasta or Chillwind Yeti are outstanding cards, however you have the means to get rid of them. There are no cards for 4 mana that can deal with Shieldmasta or Yeti and make it an efficient 1-for-1 trade. You will often need to make combos or combine multiple abilities to get it done. 
For example: 
Loot Hoarder attack + Deadly Poison on fresh hero power sets you back for some health and you've made advantage.
Hero Power attack + Eviscerate comboed over any card will be a 1-for-1 and a small health loos.
Deadly Poison + SI:7 Agent will also create advantage unless you've used your Deadly Poison on 1/1 dagger instead of 1/2.
Dark Iron Dwarf on a Loot Hoarder or Harvest golem will always make advantage.
Deadly Poison attack + Blade Flurry will be a 2-for-1, but if you manage to grab another minion on the go, it will be worth it.

Playing a rogue is not the same as playing a warlock. You can't mindlessly dish out all your low mana drops and hope your opponent wont play anything and just die. You will often need to hold on to a fresh hero power and rely on a good combo to burst through.

2. Play smart against AOE. If you are playing against a paladin, Consecration can hit you when they reach 4 mana, so don't give them a reason to make it more than 2-for-1. 

3. In order for a paladin to do Blessing of Kings, he needs a minion. You are playing the most efficient deck when it comes to early game and its nearly impossible for you opponent to keep a minion down to buff it with BoK on turn 4. 

You are playing an aggro deck, board control and how you develop early-mid game is essential for you in order to be able to finish your opponent before such cards start hitting the board. When minions for 8 mana start flying around the board, it is likely that something went wrong in early - mid game. 

You can check: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone-adapting-to-the-meta-game to give you some insight about how to adapt to the meta game.

You could make room for 2x Sap or 2x Assasinate or both if late game is causing you problems. If you are afraid of BoK or Ironbark Protectors, you can always swap in some Ironbeak Owls or Spellbreakers.
  • Like 2

Guest dark emperor

wow i did not expect such a long reply thank you that information will definetely help me

also i might was a little harsh on that deck

thanks again

Guest no show

What would you suggest replacing a sap or assassination card with?

Guest Habeebo

This deck is prety freaking solid man thanks, im like 11/2 in ranked right now

wow i did not expect such a long reply thank you that information will definetely help me

also i might was a little harsh on that deck

thanks again

No worries. Hope it works out for you. Good luck in season 3! :)

What would you suggest replacing a sap or assassination card with?

I would consider taking out an Assassin's Blade and (maybe) 1x Defias Ringleader. 

Alternative is Blade Flurry if the meta game doesn't require AOE damage that often. (Keeping 1 would still be a good idea)

• Like 1

Guest James

Why Azure Drake when you do not have many cards that benefit from Spell Damage increase? Just for the "draw a card"?

Why Azure Drake when you do not have many cards that benefit from Spell Damage increase? Just for the "draw a card"?

First of all, there are 6 spells in this deck (2 backstabs, 2 blade flurries, and 2 eviscerates) which benefit from Spell Damage. While this isn't game breaking, and you shouldn't save either the Drake or the spells in order to use the two together, it can make a big difference in some situations.

Second of all, the drake itself is a pretty solid card, not even looking at the spell damage. A 4/4 with a card-draw attached is basically very good. He will always trade 1 for 1 (and sometimes even 2 for 1), and the card he draws means you don't lose any momentum playing him.

I hope that answers it.

Guest gunslinger91

Do you feel that fan of knives is a solid replacement for blade furry as it allows you to draw a card, without sacraficing your weapon. In turn I do however realize it cost 1 mana and does less damage. Just want toget your opinion on it.

Do you feel that fan of knives is a solid replacement for blade furry as it allows you to draw a card, without sacraficing your weapon. In turn I do however realize it cost 1 mana and does less damage. Just want toget your opinion on it.

I think Fan of Knives and Blade Flurry are pretty different.

Fan of Knives has one advantage, which is that it draws a card. This allows you to "fish" for better options when you have to deal with a situation, especially later on in the game when you have more mana to work with. If not for this, Fan of Knives is basically the same as Mage Arcane Explosion, which is a pretty bad card. What I'm saying is that the damage portion of Fan of Knives is very weak. Most times, it won't do anything. Sometimes, yes, it might just be that extra bit of damage you needed to take out someone with your weapon, but that's pretty rare. You play it because it draws a card.

Blade Flurry has two advantages.

One is that it deals potentially massive damage. If you use it with Deadly Poison, you're going to at least do 3 damage to everything, or even more if you used Deadly Poison on a better weapon. That's a LOT of damage, and that will usually allow you to clear the board.

The other advantage of Blade Flurry is that it deals damage to the enemy hero as well. This makes it possible to come up with very efficient finishing combinations (since you can attack with your weapon and cast Blade Flurry on the same turn, doing its damage to the enemy hero twice). Normally, you use weapons to kill minions, not attack the enemy hero, but weapons like Assassin's Blade with a Deadly Poison can be very efficient direct damage sources.

So, I wouldn't say that the fact that Blade Flurry destroys your weapon is a big drawback. Obviously, you should never use it on a brand-new weapon (if you can avoid it - sometimes you can't). If you use it on something with 1 Durability, you haven't lost anything in the process. The only real drawback of Blade Flurry is that it requires a weapon equipped, which is a pre-requisite that may not always be easy to attain.

In short? You can go with Fan of Knives, see how it works out for you. But it's not serving exactly the same purpose as Blade Flurry.

Guest Upset

Tried using this for a quick quest.

7 losses in a row.

This deck is horrible.

Guest ArizonaTears

I think Fan of Knives and Blade Flurry are pretty different.

Fan of Knives has one advantage, which is that it draws a card. This allows you to "fish" for better options when you have to deal with a situation, especially later on in the game when you have more mana to work with. If not for this, Fan of Knives is basically the same as Mage Arcane Explosion, which is a pretty bad card. What I'm saying is that the damage portion of Fan of Knives is very weak. Most times, it won't do anything. Sometimes, yes, it might just be that extra bit of damage you needed to take out someone with your weapon, but that's pretty rare. You play it because it draws a card.

Blade Flurry has two advantages.

One is that it deals potentially massive damage. If you use it with Deadly Poison, you're going to at least do 3 damage to everything, or even more if you used Deadly Poison on a better weapon. That's a LOT of damage, and that will usually allow you to clear the board.

The other advantage of Blade Flurry is that it deals damage to the enemy hero as well. This makes it possible to come up with very efficient finishing combinations (since you can attack with your weapon and cast Blade Flurry on the same turn, doing its damage to the enemy hero twice). Normally, you use weapons to kill minions, not attack the enemy hero, but weapons like Assassin's Blade with a Deadly Poison can be very efficient direct damage sources.

So, I wouldn't say that the fact that Blade Flurry destroys your weapon is a big drawback. Obviously, you should never use it on a brand-new weapon (if you can avoid it - sometimes you can't). If you use it on something with 1 Durability, you haven't lost anything in the process. The only real drawback of Blade Flurry is that it requires a weapon equipped, which is a pre-requisite that may not always be easy to attain.

In short? You can go with Fan of Knives, see how it works out for you. But it's not serving exactly the same purpose as Blade Flurry.

How would a Van Cleef or Questing Adventurer synnergize with this deck? go or no go?

How would a Van Cleef or Questing Adventurer synnergize with this deck? go or no go?

Van Cleef is pretty much always good, and it would certainly be a boost to this deck's strength, I feel, even if his use in higher-budget decks is questionable. With Van Cleef, if you play him as a 4/4 early on (with like a Backstab), or a 6/6, he's already excellent value. You don't need to set up some ridiculous 14/14 Van Cleef for it to be worth it.

QA is a different story. In Constructed, most people run a lot of silences and removal, so the chances of being able to build up a QA over a few turns are very, very low. To make it work you need a deck that's specifically tailored for it (with Shadowstep, Preparation, Conceal, etc.), which this is certainly not.

Guest Smittie

This deck does pretty well.

I'm 6-2 in ranked so far, and both losses were against Jaina decks. Those AoE and Fireball cards can really hurt this deck.

But never really had any other problem against any other deck. Quite easy if I must say.

I did switch out a couple cards, like Blade Flurry for example. It is a very nice card to have, but I wasn't finding very much use for it.

This deck does pretty well.

I'm 6-2 in ranked so far, and both losses were against Jaina decks. Those AoE and Fireball cards can really hurt this deck.

But never really had any other problem against any other deck. Quite easy if I must say.

I did switch out a couple cards, like Blade Flurry for example. It is a very nice card to have, but I wasn't finding very much use for it.

Playing against a Mage, you always need to play around their AoE spells, especially against Flamestrike. That means that on turn 6 (and even earlier) you need to really focus on minimising the potential strength of a Flamestrike. That means trading off any vulnerable minions, only playing minions with 5 or more health, etc. Doing this every time can have a pretty big impact in your games against Mages. Always fear the Flamestrike.

As for Blade Flurry, it is surely a bit situational. That said, you often have to "think outside the box" to be able to use it efficiently. Don't forget that it can simply act as an additional "nuke" on the enemy hero, which can help you get lethal damage.

Sign in to follow this